PDA

View Full Version : Engine power... for short periods

sw1ive
May-09-2013, 13:56
How can I...

more max boost engine power... for short periods

which would usually have been used or trying to overhaul an enemy...

who was flying away from me ???

I fly..
all of spittfire
and
all of BF109

III./ZG76_Saipan
May-09-2013, 14:00
for the e3 and e4 the "w" should be the ewp, emergency war power which throws extra fuel into the engine. runs for 20 sec and then u cant use again for a few minutes.

keep the slip to zero, you'll have to left rudder to keep the bubble in the middle. spits are fast dude, good luck.

1lokos
May-09-2013, 20:37
In Controls are two related "War Emergency Power" commands that work in Luftwaffe fighters - testing I notice:

1 - Throttle War Emergency Power > Activated (by key) put power instantly in 100% (the throttle lever in cockpit move ahead) independently of joystick throttle lever position...

-Are option to mapped this command in axis... dont see practical reason, since the command act like a ON switch (no OFF). Unable to map together with the throttle axis, since the command requires unique axis.

-No visual "HUD" information when activated, no reset in game throttle back to previous adjust (joystick throttle real position) if the key is pressed again...

(IMO) A useless (unfinished?) command, if one need 100% of power, just move (joystick) lever forward instead press key/button...

2 - Toggle War Emergency Power > Activated (by key) increase manifold pressure (from ~1.35 bar to ~1.43 bar when throttle is in 100%).
The effect last for ~one minute (by in game stopwatch :D ) and can't by turned OFF.
Take ~30 seconds to "recharge" for the next use.

- "HUD" information when activated: Afterburner:on. :doh: :grrr:

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/423/afterburnerr.jpg

In Bf-109 E-4/N and Bf-110 C4/7 only "Throttle War Emergency Power" work...

I dont say that is how "WEP" properly work, only what I observe. Since the above is "typical CloD". :)

Perhaps someone explain better.

BTW - For Spitfire "Boost Cut Out" use, read here:
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4469&p=45070&viewfull=1#post45070

Sokol1

9./JG52 Ziegler
May-10-2013, 14:23
That is correct Lokos , and how it works. WEP is called afterburner (on the 109's) and you can "turn it off" by throttling back until it shuts off automatically after 20 seconds.

You can add a hair of rudder trim (or peddle) to try and fly as slippery as possible as Saipan stated. Generally speaking if you can't catch a contact after a minute or so of chase, you probably are not going to catch them unless said contact changes something.

sw1ive
May-10-2013, 17:28
well.. well well..

I need a key on my joystick

it will be afterburner = boost cut out = emergency war power

I set that joystick-key at controls-aircraft-emergency war power

and i got MORE POWER for a few seconds

O.K. I GOT IT ...

1lokos
Nov-22-2013, 11:13
Eventually I managed to trick the game and assign the same axis used for throttle (Z) for "Throttle war emergency power" (WEP).
The trick is use one key together axis, in case "I" (what don't matter).

Testing with Bf109 E3

http://i40.tinypic.com/rvac6g.jpg

But... :grr: still useless, even setting 100% deadzone for this axis, the WEP is activated around 70% of joystick throttle course, in both directions... :grrr:

Perhaps because axis deadzones 0 and 100% are interrelated, the maximum value simultaneous for the two is ~ 72%...

BTW - British boost is easy controllable with throttle axis (if BCC valve are OFF) just setting 100% throttle position.

Sokol1