PDA

View Full Version : Control Sensitivity help

Lowe
May-11-2013, 14:12
Hello gents, is there any way to "make the planes more difficult to maneuver"? To make them less responsive or something? I tried lowering the sensitivity of the axis in controls menu but I would like to know if theres's another method, since I don't understand what threshold, non linearity and dead zone is. I want to make a less responsive effect but I repeat, I don't know how to configure all that. Sorry for bad English

Dutch
May-11-2013, 22:20
Personally, I've found that maximum sensitivity and zero deadzone on all axes works best. Even on rudder control. In fact it was only when I put rudder sensitivity on max that I could control aim with rudder........

This is with a G940, it may be different with other setups. :thumbsup:

bolox
May-11-2013, 23:20
So from main screen go to options>controls>axes and click on the elevator tab. You should see 5 bars appear at the bottom of the screen. The right hand 2 show the sticks INput into computer and the OUTput into the game.
move elevator and watch the bars move. If all 3 of the left hand bars are set to 0.00 the in and the out bars should follow each other smoothly and exactly.

Of the left hand bars;
Sensitivity controls sensitivity, fully left the output should mirror the input (same as 100's across the board in old IL2 terms). Moving it to the right makes the stick less sensitive in the middle but should still reach maximum deflection.It applies an 'S' curve to the input in proportion to how far you move the slider. Change to suit what you think is realistic works best for you, but would recommend starting at 0.00
0% Dead zone controls the deadzone at the axis centre, left is no deadzone and 1.00 is the maximum deadzone. A deadzone is an area in which stick movement will produce no output into the game, as you don't want this behaviour I recommend 0.00.
100% Dead zone controls the deadzone at the extremities of movement in a similar way to 0% deadzone.

IMPORTANT- when you have the settings to your liking. based on the in/out bars, click the APPLY button, if you hit back any changes you made will not be saved.

from
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=39085

Does this help you understand sensitivity?

56RAF_klem
May-12-2013, 05:28
The Sensitivity slider bolox describes is probably the best solution.

There is a utility called DXTweak.exe (google it) that allows you to make changes to axes sensitivities, move their centre points and max/min range but its more complicated than the Sensitivity slider and I only use it to off-set the centre of one of my rotaries because it is noisy and is only for elevator trim not main controls because you need the full range for those. Also it will not work with the Saitek X52 or any stick or HOTAS that has more than 6 axes/sliders on it.

So, I would suggest using the in-game sensitivity adjuster and even encourage you to try to fly without that.