PDA

View Full Version : Well hello!

tehlord
May-12-2013, 10:52
Greetings all.

I found this place while looking for solution to the dreaded launcher issue (I only bought COD yesterday :() but it looks like a cool place so I thought I'd join up and say hi!

I'm most definitely a casual flight simmer, although I've been eyeing up a TrackIR and X52 setup in the near future, if only I can get the damn game working!

Anyhoo, nice to be here!

ATAG_Snapper
May-12-2013, 11:43
Hi tehlord, and welcome to the forum! :salute:

I don't blame you for wanting to get Cliffs of Dover up and running properly before deciding on any equipment upgrades. Here is a "Master List" of possible fixes assembled by one of our longtime players that may prove helpful:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4123

Let us know how it all works out for you. If no joy, be sure to post your system specs here and our boffins can put their collective know-how to effective use! :thumbsup:

ATAG_JTDawg
May-12-2013, 13:17
Hi tehlord, and welcome to the forum! :salute:

I don't blame you for wanting to get Cliffs of Dover up and running properly before deciding on any equipment upgrades. Here is a "Master List" of possible fixes assembled by one of our longtime players that may prove helpful:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4123

Let us know how it all works out for you. If no joy, be sure to post your system specs here and our boffins can put their collective know-how to effective use! :thumbsup:

+1 :-) something tells me amd or ati .

HolyGrail
May-12-2013, 13:32
Welcome tehlord ! and have fun =) :thumbsup:

tehlord
May-13-2013, 05:18
Thanks for the warm welcome chaps. :)

I'm actually using a pretty old (AMD and Ati lol) machine so I might not even try to troubleshoot at this point as I probably won't be able to run the game at any usable framerate anyway. The game actually loads up fine, but it's when I try and start a mission that I get the launcher.exe has shut down message, always at the same point which is just at 100% loaded.

I think I'll build my new i7/Nvidia rig which I need to do anyway before I waste any more time!

In the meantime I'll enjoy the forum :thumbsup:

Old_Canuck
May-13-2013, 17:27
Welcome tehlord, you've come to the right place. The folks at ATAG very patiently sorted out my problems many moons ago and I'm happy to say the same helpful spirit is hovering about. Especially if you're on Teamspeak. Installing a new video card today (finally) and looking forward myself to getting back at it soon. :salute:

tehlord
May-15-2013, 14:41
Thanks again!

The good news is that I have installed W7-64 on a spare hard drive and now the game seems to run ok even with my old specs. It gets a tiny bit clunky with a lot of ground detail and I've yet to try any proper dogfighting, but I'm up and running! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to battles :D

LuseKofte
May-16-2013, 11:04
Yes as these fine gents say, welcome.
This is a nice place indeed, if you remember to buy us beer now and then we are incredible nice people