PDA

View Full Version : Stuttering since TeamFusion Patch

Azref
May-18-2013, 16:52
Hi folks

Been having alot of problems flying CLOD lately. Since i installed the TF patches i get massive stutters that last for about 5 seconds when enemy aircraft are close to me. This happens in both Single Player and Multi Player.

I have tried a fresh install, lowering all settings to Low, disabling AV software, Reinstalling DotNet and Direct X, Reinstalling Graphics Drivers and many solutions found in these forums with no success.

My Specs are

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
8192MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2048mb

As i said i ran the game at Very High with no stutters before installing the TeamFusion Patch so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mattias
May-18-2013, 21:05
Hi folks

Been having alot of problems flying CLOD lately. Since i installed the TF patches i get massive stutters that last for about 5 seconds when enemy aircraft are close to me. This happens in both Single Player and Multi Player.

I have tried a fresh install, lowering all settings to Low, disabling AV software, Reinstalling DotNet and Direct X, Reinstalling Graphics Drivers and many solutions found in these forums with no success.

My Specs are

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
8192MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2048mb

As i said i ran the game at Very High with no stutters before installing the TeamFusion Patch so any help would be greatly appreciated.

:salute:

Strange :stunned:
Have you tried clearing your cache? (Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\cache)

Azref
May-19-2013, 05:46

Strange :stunned:
Have you tried clearing your cache? (Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\cache)

Hi Mattias, yes I have tried clearing the Cache with no effect, what I don't understand is why the stuttering only happens with the Team Fusion patches installed.

I've ran some more tests and it certainly seems to be when near enemy aircraft that causes the stuttering. (Graphics settings make no difference to the stutter).

Did the Team Fusion patch change how aircraft load into visual range? That seems to be the main cause for my stutter.

trooph
May-19-2013, 08:47
Try using DXtory it helped me a lot. It can cap ur FPS at 30 or as low as u FPS drops. Maybe this will help. Also make sure u have AERO disabled as this can mess gameplay a lot. Just one thing. Without AERO u cant record tracks.

Mattias
May-19-2013, 10:10
Hi Mattias, yes I have tried clearing the Cache with no effect, what I don't understand is why the stuttering only happens with the Team Fusion patches installed.

I've ran some more tests and it certainly seems to be when near enemy aircraft that causes the stuttering. (Graphics settings make no difference to the stutter).

Did the Team Fusion patch change how aircraft load into visual range? That seems to be the main cause for my stutter.

No, we have not made any graphical changes that should cause stutters when aircrafts are loaded (the cahnges we have made puts less load on the gpu), but there might be other causes of it (I personally sometimes suffer stutters when radio communications are loaded (but I had that problem in vanilla clod as well). Do you have the same stutters when you play a recorded track?

Cheers/m

Azref
May-19-2013, 12:26

No, we have not made any graphical changes that should cause stutters when aircrafts are loaded (the cahnges we have made puts less load on the gpu), but there might be other causes of it (I personally sometimes suffer stutters when radio communications are loaded (but I had that problem in vanilla clod as well). Do you have the same stutters when you play a recorded track?

Cheers/m

I just tried recording a mission that is known to stutter/pause for me. When flying myself it stutters, however when watching the replay it is free from freezing/stuttering.

What do you think it could be?

EDIT: Just tried limiting my FPS with DXTory and it still stutters. This is really odd.

Mattias
May-19-2013, 13:04
I just tried recording a mission that is known to stutter/pause for me. When flying myself it stutters, however when watching the replay it is free from freezing/stuttering.

What do you think it could be?

EDIT: Just tried limiting my FPS with DXTory and it still stutters. This is really odd.

That is good news -now at least we can rule out the graphics/your video card from the list of suspects :thumbsup:

The bad news is that I'm not sure of how to proceed now... I think there is another thread around here by someone with a simular problem, but I fail to find it.
If anyone remembers this thread or has any ideas, feel free to step in :D

The only trick I can think of is running the game as administrator. This trick helps some.

Cheers/m

Azref
May-19-2013, 16:34
After further testing, a clean install of CLOD and DotNet I have narrowed down the cause of these massive stutters to a single culprit. It is not the distance of enemy aircraft but bombs detonating and exploding.

When flying the 1st mission of the Cliffs of Dover Single Player Campaign, all is fine until the Dorniers drop the bombs on the airfield, this is causing the stutter. As the bombs hit the ground the stutter starts and continues until the dust clouds have formed.

If watched in a replay there is never any stutter, this is from using Fraps and the in-game recorder to try and replicate the issue in video format.

Osprey
May-20-2013, 12:07
How much explosion though Azref? Is it when you look at then and they need rendering or just when they go off? Do they need to be nearby?

Azref
May-20-2013, 16:31
How much explosion though Azref? Is it when you look at then and they need rendering or just when they go off? Do they need to be nearby?

Hi Osprey.

Explosions seem to be as they're going off, however there is no frame rate drop and after further checking the processor isn't overloaded either. The nearer they are the bigger the stutter however, did some testing today on ACG with TeePee.

I am fine flying through smoke/clouds with no effect on FPS (no FPS drop when looking behind on takeoff at the dust) and smoke left from old blasts doesn't cause issues either.

trooph
May-20-2013, 16:51
Try running .Net fix and dx fix. Both can be found in steamapps/il2 stutmovik clod/redit folder. It helps most of the time:)

Azref
May-20-2013, 17:05
Try running .Net fix and dx fix. Both can be found in steamapps/il2 stutmovik clod/redit folder. It helps most of the time:)

Hi Trooph, thanks for the suggestion but I've already tried this with no noticeable difference to the stutters.

Mattias
May-20-2013, 17:50
Hi Osprey.

Explosions seem to be as they're going off, however there is no frame rate drop and after further checking the processor isn't overloaded either. The nearer they are the bigger the stutter however, did some testing today on ACG with TeePee.

I am fine flying through smoke/clouds with no effect on FPS (no FPS drop when looking behind on takeoff at the dust) and smoke left from old blasts doesn't cause issues either.

This might be a longshot, but do you use fullscreen "on" or "pseudo" i video settings? I used to have pseudo and got stutters when planes caught fire (never thought about bombs going off though) and theese problems went away when I switched to "on" :thumbsup:

Cheers/m

Azref
May-20-2013, 17:54
This might be a longshot, but do you use fullscreen "on" or "pseudo" i video settings? I used to have pseudo and got stutters when planes caught fire (never thought about bombs going off though) and theese problems went away when I switched to "on" :thumbsup:

Cheers/m

Hi Mattias, i'm using Fullscreen On, not pseudo. However I have noticed something very strange during my tests. When the bombs detonate the processor load actually lessens and then goes back to normal after the detonation.

Mattias
May-20-2013, 18:09
Hi Mattias, i'm using Fullscreen On, not pseudo. However I have noticed something very strange during my tests. When the bombs detonate the processor load actually lessens and then goes back to normal after the detonation.

Ah, it was worth a try... Very frustrating bug I must say. BTW I have the exact same CPU and win version as you have, but my video card is a puny GTX 560 TI :D so your hardware is not to blaim. I was thinking about nVidia drivers, but since playing a track is stutter free they are most likely not to blaim either.

I'm clueless at the moment :banghead:

Cheers/m

Kwiatek
May-20-2013, 18:11
I got the same stutters problems when bombs hit the ground even if i dont see explosion ( i could be hundred miles away). I hope new HG's effect mod will help it in the future.

Mattias
May-20-2013, 18:19
I got the same stutters problems when bombs hit the ground even if i dont see explosion ( i could be hundred miles away). I hope new HG's effect mod will help it in the future.

If you make a new HUD window and set it to "console output", do you get any error messages in it when the stuttering happens?

Cheers/m

Azref
May-20-2013, 18:42
If you make a new HUD window and set it to "console output", do you get any error messages in it when the stuttering happens?

Cheers/m

Just checked the console output window as suggested but no errors being reported at all. However it seems Kwiatek is having the exact same issue as me, my stutter is deffinately being caused by bomb explosions, distance makes no difference.

trooph
May-21-2013, 01:57
I also suffered from this problem, but i managed to get rid of it somehow. But i dont know how..

Osprey
May-26-2013, 04:16
Tried this Azref?

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4311

Azref
May-27-2013, 07:07
Tried this Azref?

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4311

I have indeed Osprey, it made no difference whatsoever sadly, also tried limiting to half refresh rate with no noticeable improvements as well.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

jlan5031
Aug-24-2013, 13:45
Azref,
I have the same problem with the stutter when bombs explode and, briefly, when my dropped bombs are set not to explode. I've searched the webs for a solution that works without success for the past several days. I found this thread, but it ends without a solution. Did you finally solve the problem?

Screamadelica
Sep-04-2013, 08:16
I have been getting the same problem with screen freezes of a couple of seconds. Happened with the bombs exploding at the start of that mission, but also when there are enemy aircraft approaching or sometimes in the middle of a dogfight. I've done the dot net fix,dx rebuild,clear cache,etc. It seems very similar to the pause you used to get in Il2 1946 when enemy aircraft were closing in.

Mysticpuma
Sep-04-2013, 09:38
Although not really a fix, can I suggest a test if you want to give it a go?
In the main install folder (and I am not at my main PC at the moment.so can't give you the exact directory) of the TF modd game you will find a folder called "speech". Once you have located it rename it to "-Speech" (without the quotes), that way to enable it again just rename it by deleting the "-" from the front of the word.

The reason I suggest this and it is only as a 'hail mary' suggestion, is that I have found when approaching targets, shooting targets, knocking aircraft out of the sky, I have a significant stutter as the game 'calls' for the speech of my fellow pilots who congratulate me, confirm a kill or say anything. My game at the moment has the speech disabled as I also hate when they tell me I have made a kill....before I see any reaction from the enemy aircraft I am.attacking.
I am still searching for the audio in the game folder that controls the microphone click sound as this still plays but without a voice following ot, but having disabled the speech I no-longer get any pauses as the game loads it from.its soundbank.

I only make the suggestion as maybe when the bombs hit there may be a random.speech element that is trying to load to confirm hits or similar?
Alternatively maybe it's a rogue audio clip/sound attributed to the bombs that may induce this stuttering?

Anyway, just a 'hail.mary' suggestion and may be worth a try?

Cheers, MP

ATAG_Slipstream
Sep-04-2013, 12:04
I am still searching for the audio in the game folder that controls the microphone click sound as this still plays but without a voice following ot, but having disabled the speech I no-longer get any pauses as the game loads it from.its soundbank.

Cheers, MP

The microphone and static radio sounds are internal to the sound engine, however you could always lower the voice slider to remove that effect.
The speech clips have a very low memory footprint, but maybe when an event happens that triggers more than one clip it causes stutters, but either-way I mostly have slowdowns just before enemy bombs hit target.

Roblex
Sep-07-2013, 12:24
Also make sure u have AERO disabled as this can mess gameplay a lot. Just one thing. Without AERO u cant record tracks.

I have been wondering for ages why I lost the ability to do tracks. Now I can't work out how to turn Aero back on to test it. It's something specific to CLOD isn't it? I can select an Aero Theme but when I run CLOD it tells me the game is disabling it. Any hints? I use Win7-64

ATAG_Naz
Sep-07-2013, 13:00
Hi Roblex

I think one way people do it for cliffs of dover is to right click on the launcher.exe and there is a checkbox somewhere there called "disable desktop composition". Having that checked will disable Aero each time you launch the game.

Roblex
Sep-07-2013, 16:15
Thanks Naz.