PDA

View Full Version : Nacy just posted this video in the chat bar

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
May-19-2013, 19:16
Has it been posted here before?

https://vimeo.com/65246677

E69_pupo
May-20-2013, 04:44
idont think so. External sounds are really god, internal sounds dont convince me so much

Katdog5
May-20-2013, 10:15
interesting

9./JG52 Ziegler
May-20-2013, 10:52
Sounds brillient to me. The external in particular is impressive. Internal isn't bad either.:thumbsup:

Lowe
May-20-2013, 17:00
Is there any way to get this? Or is there any tutorial on how to modify the sounds?

Royraiden
May-22-2013, 09:28
I cant judge if they sound accurate or not, but at least I can say that I really like these sounds, specially the 109 one with that whine.

Is there a way this guy could contribute to TF?

ATAG_Naz
May-22-2013, 09:49
Very nice indeed. :thumbsup:

Muffin
May-22-2013, 10:16
The Fly-by for the Merlin was Brilliant! Hope it goes into team fusion.

Kling
May-22-2013, 14:09
For those who dont know Tiger33 who made the video/sounds in the start of this thread.
He is the one who made this "flyby" soundmod for il2 1946.
best flyby sounds ever created for any flightsim.

If we could get him on Team Fusion...

Check out the soundmod he made for il2 1946! These are ingame sounds. Nothing is edited afterwards!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0vrl6Zl5ws

III./ZG76_Keller
May-23-2013, 00:05
The Bf-109 sounds in the game are already quite good, a new sound might seem like a nice change but it doesn't mean that it's more accurate. The 109 sounds in Tiger33's mod have a really pronounced loop to them, those with good ears will hear it and it will soon wear on your mind.

If you remember the Stuka engine sound of 2-3 1C patches ago you might know what I'm talking about, there was a very bad loop in that sound and it became very annoying to listen to over and over again; I'm so glad that it got fixed before things went dark.

Truth is, 99.9% of us have no idea what a spit or 109 should sound like from the inside, let's please not request changes to sound unless there is a glaring issue with the current ones. The way the sound engine works in a game like CloD is a very complex thing and it's very easy to screw it up. If you listen to one song for days and days any change will be welcomed, I think that's what we're seeing here, different might feel better in the short term but eventually it gets old and becomes that "one song" in place of the old one. So if you've turned off a Beatles song to listen to Justin Bieber it might seem like relief until you realize that now you're listening to Justin Bieber. :thumbsup:

Lowe
May-23-2013, 17:14
Sorry Keller but in my case I'm not asking anyone to make any change. The question was if there's any way of explaining normal people like me a way of modifying sounds on OUR OWN. I guess some of us want to make OUR OWN changes to the game, and what I am asking is if that's possible or not. I suppose not as you already mentioned sound is very complex in this game, but anyways I think people have the right to give their opinion, say what they like and dislike, and not depend on Team Fusion (which made an excellent job) If TF guys were able to modify it, it means it's not impossible. Although it's apparently very difficult, could anyone give at least a clue of how's the procedure? (Sorry for mistakes, I'm learning English)

NOTE: I forgot to mention that I was refering to OFFLINE mode, NOT online at all. I am aware that mods can be a problem online so I thought it would be important to mention this.

ATAG_Snapper
May-23-2013, 17:38
Hi Lowe,

I'm not a member of Team Fusion, so I hesitate to speak on their behalf on something I admittedly know very little about. If a TF member who deals with the ingame sounds cares to jump in, please do so!

As I understand it, very little within the Team Fusion patch can be altered or modified by us mere mortals - including sound files. This is intentional, in that the TF patch coding is heavily encrypted to prevent online players from altering any files to give them an unfair advantage ie cheating. Although this is not the case for offline play, the files and coding are the same for both -- so offline players are equally affected by the encryption. The only recourse is to change back to the pre-TF version which is the official 1C retail version, but obviously you would lose out on the TF improvements.

This is unfortunate for the dedicated offline players who have no intention or desire to "cheat" online. Also, although IMHO sound files can't be realistically altered to give an unfair advantage ("stealth" 109's? LOL), the sound files by necessity are carried within the TF encryption so cannot be accessed by us.

That's my take; I could be dead wrong. I didn't think it right that no one was providing any direct answer to the OP.

AA_Engadin
May-23-2013, 18:38
For those who dont know Tiger33 who made the video/sounds in the start of this thread.
He is the one who made this "flyby" soundmod for il2 1946.
best flyby sounds ever created for any flightsim.

If we could get him on Team Fusion...

Check out the soundmod he made for il2 1946! These are ingame sounds. Nothing is edited afterwards!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0vrl6Zl5ws

Bouff! Awesome, babe! For the first minute it totally looks like a dream Oshkosh pylon race - can you imagine it'd be real just for a second? :stunned:. Of course, engine sounds are truly hairising. Tiger 33's got the touch indeed! Sure, TF will get Tiger33's magic wand this or the other way. :salute:

S! AA_Engadin.

Lowe
May-24-2013, 15:58
Hi Snapper! Thank you for replying! Well, if that's the case, I totally understand it and I am aware that they cannot risk to allow cheaters in the game. I'ts a petty though. Anyways, what if I remove my TF patch, how would be the procedure in that case? Any TF guy who wants to tell us? YES, I AM aware that I would lose all the improvements made by TF patch, but still, I would be very happy to know. And please don't say it's impossible, because there's people like Tiger33 who actually can do it and they achieve stunning results

ATAG_Snapper
May-24-2013, 16:10
Hi Snapper! Thank you for replying! Well, if that's the case, I totally understand it and I am aware that they cannot risk to allow cheaters in the game. I'ts a petty though. Anyways, what if I remove my TF patch, how would be the procedure in that case? Any TF guy who wants to tell us? YES, I AM aware that I would lose all the improvements made by TF patch, but still, I would be very happy to know. And please don't say it's impossible, because there's people like Tiger33 who actually can do it and they achieve stunning results

Hi Lowe,

One way to return to the stock version is to have Steam verify your game file. I know there's a quicker way of just changing a file somewhere, but I can't think of how. Hopefully someone can jump in here.

re changing your sound file in the Team Fusion patch: Hey, I hope I'm wrong on this and a TF member can explain how it can be done. I've been in private communication with Tiger33 about his brilliant Clod sound mods. He cannot make the changes with the TF version of Clod, only with the stock version. I don't recall saying it was "impossible", but can we settle for "unlikely"? :D

But as I said before, I hope I'm wrong. Good luck!

Lowe
May-24-2013, 16:47
Did he tell you how did he mod the sound files? (without tf patch i know) I'm really interested. Is there any possibilities he post a link to his mod?

ATAG_Snapper
May-24-2013, 17:01
He indicated it was through the Kegetsy's (sp?) mod. This was great with legit modders like Tiger33, Jafa, and Das Attourney who did brilliant work. Regrettably, unscrupulous modders used similar methods to alter FM's, DM's, and weapon effectiveness to provide unfair advantages for themselves and their squads online. Difficult to prove, plus requiring lots of mind-numbing hours of expert track analysis to nail down, these kind of illegitimate mods can ruin a server very quickly and spoil it for everyone. Hence the rigorous encryption of the TF patches.

I would suggest sending Tiger33 a PM if you wish further info.

Lowe
May-24-2013, 17:10
Ok I'll send him a message but what's the problem now? I mean TF patch invalidates Kegettys. There's no reason to keep any secret now right? Remember I am aware that I need to remove tf patch in order to use kegettys. Do you know any link to a sound mod that uses kegettys?

ATAG_Snapper
May-24-2013, 17:14
Ok I'll send him a message but what's the problem now? I mean TF patch invalidates Kegettys. There's no reason to keep any secret now right? Remember I am aware that I need to remove tf patch in order to use kegettys. Do you know any link to a sound mod that uses kegettys?

Not sure what you mean. There's no problem AFAIC. I don't have the mods nor any links. That's why I suggested you contact Tiger33 directly.

Lowe
May-24-2013, 17:45
You mentioned mods with kegettys were some kind of secret as they ruined online experience. But now that everybody uses TF patch and that it invalidates kegettys, there's no reason to not "reveal" or "teach" those mods, right? Yes I'll try to contact Tiger, thank you vey much for your help :)

ATAG_Snapper
May-24-2013, 18:24
You mentioned mods with kegettys were some kind of secret as they ruined online experience. But now that everybody uses TF patch and that it invalidates kegettys, there's no reason to not "reveal" or "teach" those mods, right? Yes I'll try to contact Tiger, thank you vey much for your help :)

Where did I say it was "some kind of secret"? I said it was put to good use with legit modders, and bad use with unscrupulous modders. That is why the TF modders made it not possible to use in their patch. I never said it was "some kind of secret". Please don't go putting words in my mouth that were never there. That is most annoying.

Good luck with Tiger33.

1lokos
May-24-2013, 21:29
Lowe,

In 1c forum Cliffs of Dover (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189) look at MODs section, are some post done by Kegetys (Google is your friend...).

Sokol1

Lowe
May-24-2013, 22:16
Sokol, thank you. Snapper, I think you get the idea, kegettys mods could have ruined online experience in hands of unscrupulous modders. Is that ok for you? I apologize, as I mentioned in one of my first comments, I am learning English so sometimes it's difficult to express myself. I find very annoying the fact of begging for some info about mods. Apparently nobody knows anything... I've been asking about this since months now, even in 1C Forums, and nothing... And come on, you've seen the videos, in fact, there are plenty of them, showing beautiful sounds... Nobody ever used a sound mod? No even a single mediafire link? (I'm not talking aboout you Snapper) I'm sure somebody must have a sound mod, saved somewhere in his pc... something...

ATAG_Snapper
May-24-2013, 23:05
Sokol, thank you. Snapper, I think you get the idea, kegettys mods could have ruined online experience in hands of unscrupulous modders. Is that ok for you? I apologize, as I mentioned in one of my first comments, I am learning English so sometimes it's difficult to express myself. I find very annoying the fact of begging for some info about mods. Apparently nobody knows anything... I've been asking about this since months now, even in 1C Forums, and nothing... And come on, you've seen the videos, in fact, there are plenty of them, showing beautiful sounds... Nobody ever used a sound mod? No even a single mediafire link? (I'm not talking aboout you Snapper) I'm sure somebody must have a sound mod, saved somewhere in his pc... something...

The last sound mod for Clod that I know of (other than Tiger33's recent demo videos) was Jafa's, which came out two years ago. I made a video of it:

https://vimeo.com/24922949

I used it, with Jafa's permission, for a silly little video I made in July, 2011:

https://vimeo.com/26436708

That was several versions of Clod ago; it is not usable with the current retail version of Clod and hasn't been usable for over a year, at least.

And since then, nada. Don't forget, this ATAG forum was built around our online server. There has always been a huge fear by online Steam players of Steam's VAC cheat-file detecting utility. Online players that are found to be using modified files (interpreted by Steam as "cheat" files -- rightly or wrongly) risked getting banned by Steam for ALL Steam-related games. There is no appeal. Once banned -- always banned. This applies right across the board for every Steam-game a player owns. This potentially could render useless for online play hundreds of dollars of games a player has purchased through Steam in his library. (And no, the Team Fusion mods will NOT get you banned from Steam. Different animal)

I say all the above to perhaps help you understand why this forum doesn't really get into mods, not even sound mods. They're fine for offline play, but could be death for online play because of Steam VAC.

So, there's no intentional mystery here. The ATAG forum is really the wrong place to look because many of us honestly don't know of any current sound mods (besides the new Team Fusion ones). The Tiger33 non-TF mods came as a surprise to many of us, myself included. I'm sorry there has been no useful answer here at ATAG. But you're trying to get blood from a stone here. If folks here knew of a mod, believe, there'd be a lot of posts here with links galore.

As Lokos suggested, try the IC forum where there is a larger community of offline Clod players who may know. I stopped visiting the 1C forum months ago when the moderators began deleting my posts (and many others). There may be sound mod info over there, I don't know.

But please stop inferring that ATAG forum members are withholding information from you. That is just not true. They just have no information to offer.

Lowe
May-25-2013, 00:16
Now YOU are adding words to my mouth. When did I say ATAG forum members are withholding information from me? When did I even mention ATAG forum members? And at least did you bother reading? "I've been asking about this since months now, even in 1C Forums, and nothing..." So yes man, I've already asked in 1C Forums SEVERAL times, and in other sites too. As in this forum all players are ClOD players (and many of them also members of other forums like 1C, like you, for example) I thought it would also be a good place to ask and they might know something. And that there was probably someone reading this with info about it but wasn't encouraged to respond (didn't feel like replying, didn't want to) (not hiding anything) As simple as that. Nobody offended your little atag buddies...... You guys should stop "crying" about every god damn thing... Stop being so defensive... Thank you for the videos

III./ZG76_Keller
May-25-2013, 00:50
Hold on guys, take a deep breath. I think the tone of this conversation has been lost in translation and I don't think anybody meant to send the thread in this direction. Lowe, I'm sorry that your requests for sound mod info got ignored; I don't think that it was intentional. It can be very difficult to convey a message with text when it's in your native tongue; it's that much harder when you're trying to speak in a language that isn't yours.

Maybe some of the Spanish speaking guys could help you out; I'm asuming that your native language is Spanish?

Lowe
May-25-2013, 01:22
Yes, it is.

ATAG_Snapper
May-25-2013, 06:41
Good luck finding a sound mod, Lowe. Hopefully Tiger33 can help you.