PDA

View Full Version : Way too many launcher crashes

ATAG_Knuckles
May-23-2013, 20:19
Ya know in a two hour playing time I usually get at least 1 launcher crash: Tonight (Thursday) I got 5 in a row, which is about 45 minutes of playing time. Never got any further than a take off: Two different maps
1. the usual map that we have had forever
2. the map with the 4 objectives starting with E10.4 (not sure what the map is called)

is this getting common or does god just hate me tonight !!!!

Knucks

III./ZG76_Keller
May-23-2013, 20:50
When was your last clean install Knuckles? If the launcher is crashing that often then it might be time for a re-install.

What are your system specs?

ATAG_Knuckles
May-23-2013, 20:57
Specs are listed on the bottom of this page like yours: As you know been playing this for years and never had this issue

Last install was ahhh probably 6 months !!

III./ZG76_Keller
May-23-2013, 21:57
Sorry, missed that; was re-reading your post from within the editor.

If it were me I'd be doing a clean install. Clear cache, and start fresh; something might have been corrupted.

vranac
May-24-2013, 02:26
Knuckles, I had similar problem after TF patch. Check your Event viewer > application. All of my crashes were connected with desktop composition service.
So I disabled Aero,but that didn't help me at all. Strangely when I enabled Aero again crashes stopped.

I have similar specs.

Hot_Pursuit
May-24-2013, 05:34
Knuckles, you probably know this already but windows update KB2670838 (for W7 64 bit systems) released earlier this year causes game to crash for some people.

You might want to try uninstalling it if you have it. This solved the problem for me.

Hope you find a fix.

ATAG_EvangelusE
May-24-2013, 08:07
I have had quite a few too, you are not alone. The CPC folder 'crash log' files seem to coincide with new shader files generated at the same time and show 0 bytes - not sure if these are related though. The other night I selected my base, ac and got a sunrise over the sea and no cockpit or plane - just the channel - it happened 5 times in succession and I ended up re-booting the pc to cure the problem. The only time I have seen this happen before is if I create a SP mission and forget to assign a pilot to an ac.

I deleted the MS update some time ago and I am also wondering if the file has been re-installed - something else I need to check.

Also had a lot of server time outs and I get booted out of the server even though it is still up and running but this probably an internet connection issue - annoying just the same.

ATAG_Slipstream
May-24-2013, 08:16
Also the MS update KB2670838 will install itself if you are using internet explorer 10, as it is a prerequisite.

Dutch
May-24-2013, 09:13
does god just hate me tonight !!!!

Well, I don't even believe in the chap and I have no crashes these days at all. :D I've not ever re-installed the game either.

TS has caused me some daft issues though. I've recently updated to the latest version, which seemed to clear up a few things and even the overlay works. Have you tried flying without TS/updating TS or shutting down other progs which might interfere?

Kling
May-24-2013, 10:10
If u have sweetfx or any of the of those injections together with TS or TeamspeakOverlay you will get crashes!!!

Headshot
May-24-2013, 10:11
Hi, I had the same problem with the game freezing/crashing until I came across this post by Sokol1 on the bannana forum. It solved my problem, hope it helps you out.

Look in Windows Control Panel > Programs and Resources > Show Windows Update (or something - my Windows is not in English) and in the list look for:

Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2670838 ) - Do a Google search for KB2670838 issues/troubles.

If this Update are installed, you can not use CloD with overlay program like SweetFX, FlightFX... Without these overlay program installed and DirectX updated per instructions CloD should by work fine (work for me).

Or uninstall this Update (KB2670838 ) - you can install then again if desire - and test.

Sokol1
end quote

ATAG_EvangelusE
May-24-2013, 11:27
Interesting pointers, is the Anti-aliasing fxaa Option in the Nvidea control panel for 3D settings the same as those mentioned above?

Dutch
May-24-2013, 11:35
Interesting pointers, is the Anti-aliasing fxaa Option in the Nvidea control panel for 3D settings the same as those mentioned above?

I have 32xCSAA and FXAA on in nvidia cp, with no crashes 'Vange mate. But I took sweetFx and the other injector out a few weeks ago, also I don't use TSnotifier, I use the stock TS overlay.

(although if I close the game or TS, then re-open them, overlay no longer works, and I have to restart the PC to get overlay to work again, weird.)