PDA

View Full Version : Crashes almost immediately after joining multiplayer

rollingstoned
May-25-2013, 03:33
Okay so recently i dragged out my old gaming rig ... replaced its busted power supply, new mobo, new 6 core cpu etc... The game looks and runs great when im in single player.. when i join multiplayer.. maybe ill get 1-2 minutes before my framerate slams to 1-3 and i get crash to desktop.. okay so mind you i couldnt find my windows 7 disc lol.. (in process of movng) so this is a windows vista 32 bit... 16g ram ati 5750 1g 6core 3.6 or something.. .. I used the steam system to transfer dover from computer X with 64bit win7 to a 32 bit vista system.. now i dont know if that may have done something.. who knows... ANY TIPS before i do a fresh download off steam and fresh install on this computer? that will at leased isolate the problem from the other computer *hypothetically

any help would be appreciated... and whilst you ponder my inquire enjoy some GOOD SHIT below :mullet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=LLGFaRQ1C3Q3phYxCdPIXumw&feature=player_detailpage&v=VSyNUAzPofI

Signed: The BROWN BARRON AKA RollingStoned

SALUTE ~

rollingstoned
May-25-2013, 06:03
it seems t happen when i load a lot of targets. i did a single player mission with lots of planes and it crashed when i went to look at the targets .. it tried to load them and hung for a sec then crashed..... what does this problem sounds like? video card..? ram?

vranac
May-25-2013, 07:33
Game runs best with Win 7 64 bit. You don't need disc if you still have OS on your old PC.
With this tool you can find the key.

http://wpkf.codeplex.com/

Your graphic card is on the low side a bit but with some tweaking game should be playable.

9./JG52 Ziegler
May-25-2013, 07:51
I agree with Vranac that when you run the 64bit you will most likely see that problem disappear. Clod is a memory hog and you are not able to use that 16gig of ram with Win32. I believe it is limited to 4g no matter what you have installed.

Kling
May-25-2013, 09:36
I had this problem until I moved to 64bit system.

May I ask, what is the point in having 16gigs ram when Win32bit only uses a max of 3.5gig?!?

I suggest u move to 64bit! ;)

DRock
May-25-2013, 11:00
Hi, RollingStoned.

I am not the tech expert here by far, however I did encounter this issue. Try disabling your anti-spyware to play online. My system is Win7/64, though.

Good luck,
ATAG_DRock

rollingstoned
May-25-2013, 19:44
THANKS SO MUCH YOU GUYS!!!, ill find my 64b win 7 and INSTALL !!! thanks so much for the info i hope this cures my problems

Osprey
May-26-2013, 04:14
It should do. 32bit limits you to 4gb, and for COD that just ain't enough.

trademe900
Jun-11-2013, 06:13
Surely there are folks running the sim on 4gb ram no problems though? In any case I really hope this solves your problem. I am facing the exact same headache right now. Crashing when lots of targets or just joining mp game.

Keep us updated!

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jun-11-2013, 06:18
Surely there are folks running the sim on 4gb ram no problems though? In any case I really hope this solves your problem. I am facing the exact same headache right now. Crashing when lots of targets or just joining mp game.

Some, but they have a terrible time online when there's more than 20 people online, or on servers with the Channel Map.

vranac
Jun-11-2013, 07:27
It should do. 32bit limits you to 4gb, and for COD that just ain't enough.

Osprey, 4GB of RAM is enough if your graphic card have 1-2 GB.I still have only 4 GB and no problems.Memory usage is ~3 GB.

Problem is in 32bit OS, I had it till 1.05 patch without problems, and with that patch I started getting lot of crashes.
Then I installed 64bit OS and no problems since.

trademe900
Jun-11-2013, 22:32
Osprey, 4GB of RAM is enough if your graphic card have 1-2 GB.I still have only 4 GB and no problems.Memory usage is ~3 GB.

Problem is in 32bit OS, I had it till 1.05 patch without problems, and with that patch I started getting lot of crashes.
Then I installed 64bit OS and no problems since.

4gb ram here and same situation... unplayable before, after 64 bit not a problem. 1gb 560ti.