PDA

View Full Version : Very quiet from TF?!

Kling
May-27-2013, 07:56
Its very quiet... There must have some progress here and there. At leats one or two codes must have been cracked here and there.

A few replies here and there in some threads indicate that. I think it would do the community good to hear something even if its very small. Doesnt need to be a video or photo.
What has been discovered. In the codes the last two months?

Of course some people might say that they will let us know when they have something but im not so sure. I know there is a big wish to keep things secret and quiet and maybe for a good reason. I have no idea.

The community is quickly dropping and my thought was that some update would attract players back to ATAG... :)

Best regards

ATAG_Deacon
May-27-2013, 08:41
~S~ Kling,

The community is quickly dropping and my thought was that some update would attract players back to ATAG...

I think this has much more to do with the nice weather in the Northern Hemisphere than people fully going away. Many of us have been getting back into other outdoor activities. I'm sure when the rain/snow comes again that ATAG will be running full tilt.

Just my humble opinion...:)

~S~

Deacon

ATAG_Slipstream
May-27-2013, 09:57
We don't tell everything we are doing because if you knew everything there would be no surprises.

Underneath the silence the engines of progress are still in motion :thumbsup:

nacy
May-27-2013, 10:27
this is the death of COD with patch Team-Fusion every ten months.

This is unfortunate, with the nice weather!!!

With ATAG is victory for BOS.

Just my humble opinion Nacy.

Kling
May-27-2013, 10:35
We don't tell everything we are doing because if you knew everything there would be no surprises.

Underneath the silence the engines of progress are still in motion :thumbsup:

Thats the point...
I think the silence of the engines is a very dangerous path to choose...

The progress in motion is what the community needs me thinks..

Gromit
May-27-2013, 10:39
Unsure why the game will "die" if it's not patched constantly? I'm sure TF have lives too!

I'm also baffled why people think new maps are required, at the end of the day your going to take off and fight in the sky no matter what landscape is underneath you!

What is missing from my opinion is a greater variety of aircraft, RAF is basically stuck with three, so that's always going to be a bit of a head scratcher for the map makers to come up with interesting missions when it's so limited!

vranac
May-27-2013, 11:30

Nacy, TF are doing this in their free time and they are giving all of that to us for free.
You can't expect enything fast.

And look what paid proffesionals from BoS are doing.Took them few months to ruin beautiful cockpit
and they had 3D model already.

http://www.dodaj.rs/f/W/I0/1nElx76E/bf109f43.jpg

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo41/ka1ros/CloD/G2.jpg~original

Yes, new planes would be nice but making a new cockpit on CloD standard is time consuming.

And yes, game will die if people stop flying it. Campaigns and online wars are the most important thing to keep this small community alive
and that is keeping alive old il2 still.

ChiefRedCloud
May-27-2013, 11:48
vranac if the top image (as I suspect it it) it looks like BOS has dropped back to some where between the original IL2 and CloD. Perhaps they feel IT is a happy medium. I agree with you in if this is their answer, it is poor. But not to be a complete nay sayer, their is more to come before we can make a final consensus of BOS.

Roblex
May-27-2013, 12:11
I'm also baffled why people think new maps are required, at the end of the day your going to take off and fight in the sky no matter what landscape is underneath you!

What is missing from my opinion is a greater variety of aircraft, RAF is basically stuck with three, so that's always going to be a bit of a head scratcher for the map makers to come up with interesting missions when it's so limited!

That is one opinion. Personally the thing most likely to stop playing CLOD is boredom flying the same corner of the map over and over. Luckily Storm Of War seem to be looking into missions involving Cherbourg and Tangmere etc. and I am sure it wont be long before someone puts together a Battle Of France mission totally based in France. Yes, I would love to see a flyable Wellington or Beaufighter but I know that the cockpits are extremely labour intensive so we are unlikely to see anything new any time soon. A slightly new version of the spit or 109 is not something that holds any interest for me but that is just my own opinion.

Kling
May-27-2013, 12:19
I think the BOS cockpit is fine. Not as beautiful as the cockpit in CLOD but still pretty!

As for TF, new planes and new maps are veeeeery far down on the wishlist for me personally.
Things such as

Damage modeling
Visuals (fires and smoke effects)
Anti aliasing
LOD fix
Grass bug
AI gunner fix
AI in general
Bombsight control
Landscape colours (british landscape)
Shimmering shadows

This are faaaar more important in my book.
This list above is not in a specific order but are small fixes that i think the game needs to be of a 2013 standard and although new planes would be fun it would make sense for these to come after the game is fixed first.
New maps make no sense at all at this point since we only use a small % of the map we already have and its a huuuge map.

I have ful trust in TF but i just think its very quiet from them. What are the visions? The future goals? What can be fixed or discovered in the codes?! Any cracked game codes at all since last TF patch?

Best regards

nacy
May-27-2013, 12:44
Nacy, TF are doing this in their free time and they are giving all of that to us for free.
You can't expect enything fast.

And look what paid proffesionals from BoS are doing.Took them few months to ruin beautiful cockpit
and they had 3D model already.

http://www.dodaj.rs/f/W/I0/1nElx76E/bf109f43.jpg

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo41/ka1ros/CloD/G2.jpg~original

Yes, new planes would be nice but making a new cockpit on CloD standard is time consuming.

And yes, game will die if people stop flying it. Campaigns and online wars are the most important thing to keep this small community alive
and that is keeping alive old il2 still.

other people who have free time, as (Tiger33) (Jafa) is more

ATAG protects the COD code to tell us that it is against cheating (it's blah blah blah ...)

Look in il2 1946, no cheating?

Just my opinion Nacy:this is the death of COD with patch Team-Fusion every ten months.

ATAG_Slipstream
May-27-2013, 12:48
Gents,

The first patch didn't happen overnight it took quite a few months, and to make sure we keep the integrity of CLOD we ensure we take our time and do things right. No-one said it would be 10 months before another patch, so please don't put words into our mouths, but rest assured we have a bunch of very talented individuals who are working in their own time to improve the simulation.
There are always an equal amount of people working to counter those who are taking a break and everyone on TF deserves some time off because a lot of them work 12 to 15 hours on modding and hold up jobs/personal lives etc as well. Like any development team we don't discuss everything we are working on publicly, but TF is an ongoing project and we all very much appreciate your enthusiasm and support.

:salute:

vranac
May-27-2013, 12:50
Yes ChiefRedCloud I agree with you and I know that is WIP and probably will look a bit better with lighting and shadows.
But I just pointed out how time consuming is just to retexture existing cockpit and guys who are doing it work full time.
But making cockpit on these standards for 2014. is very questionable even if I don't think that cockpit is the most important thing
in flight sim.

They don't see CloD as standard, they are making different game, dogfight simulator which will be fun for some people.
Simple graphics and no complexity of controls because they want wider public.
But I'm pretty shure that there will not be posible to make online war or campaign in it and DM will not be even close to CloD.

The main point is don't rush TF guys because we are happy that someone continues to improve this sim
and will give some new content to all of us.
The game is playable now for most of the pilots, most of the CEM problems are solved
just be patient and I'm shure that all of us will be pleasantly surprised.

Mattias
May-27-2013, 12:52
Damage modeling
Visuals (fires and smoke effects)
Anti aliasing
LOD fix
Grass bug
AI gunner fix
AI in general
Bombsight control
Landscape colours (british landscape)
Shimmering shadows

Without promising too much at least I can tell you that most items on your list (not all) are being worked on as we speak. With hard work and a little luck they will be ready for the next patch. But nothing promised at this point of course :recon:

Cheers/m

Continu0
May-27-2013, 12:53
Guys, this is the Cockpit of a 109F, right? Where does it come from? I have never seen it! Is that a TF-WIP?

ATAG_Slipstream
May-27-2013, 12:54
Guys, this is the Cockpit of a 109F, right? Where does it come from? I have never seen it! Is that a TF-WIP?

No, its from BoS

Continu0
May-27-2013, 12:57

Without promising too much at least I can tell you that most items on your list (not all) are being worked on as we speak. With hard work and a little luck they will be ready for the next patch. But nothing promised at this point of course :recon:

Cheers/m

Mattis, allow me to trow in a word here:

If you manage to fix the radio-commands, you will probably see the community growing a lot. Or at least it will grow... you might not notice it, because this would be something that mostly offline-players would benefit a lot from. I know that Desastersoft is planning to make some more add-ons for CloD, and I know they would sell very well with a fixed radio-comm-system!

I don`t need working radio-coms as i am a online-player only, but I know that you would make a lot of people very happy with this...

Continu0
May-27-2013, 12:58
No, its from BoS

I am talking about the second picture... that does look very much like CloD...

ATAG_Slipstream
May-27-2013, 13:02

My thoughts too, I think its down to the fact they probably have access to some of the resources.

vranac
May-27-2013, 13:03

That one is from stopped MG project we used to call BoM.

BoS team inherited all models from it and they are importing some of them in their own engine.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
May-27-2013, 13:07

Cheers/m

Thanks to people like Mattias, there are a number of very important changes either completed or underway which will be introduced in the next release.

We also hope to introduce a bit of a revolution in Flight Sims in terms of enviroment with this release.

But the patch is likely 2 months away. People will just need to be patient, as has been said many times, the team is made up of volunteers who have their own lives.

For example, our key coder is currently in the middle of a move to a new job/different country, which obviously means he has no way to continue his work until he is established in his new home.

But work continues and there will be something substantial and new for players by the end of the summer.

Mattias
May-27-2013, 13:11
ATAG protects the COD code to tell us that it is against cheating (it's blah blah blah ...)

Neither ATAG or TF own the original code and cannot and does not protect it from anyone.

http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/vyKoIkgVBBI/hqdefault.jpg

Mattias
May-27-2013, 13:13
Mattis, allow me to trow in a word here:

If you manage to fix the radio-commands, you will probably see the community growing a lot. Or at least it will grow... you might not notice it, because this would be something that mostly offline-players would benefit a lot from. I know that Desastersoft is planning to make some more add-ons for CloD, and I know they would sell very well with a fixed radio-comm-system!

I don`t need working radio-coms as i am a online-player only, but I know that you would make a lot of people very happy with this...

Very true. I spent a lot of time offline myself before daring to enter a server :D
This is on our wish/to do list of course, but it's not an easy one.

Cheers/m

ATAG_JTDawg
May-27-2013, 13:30
Thanks to people like Mattias, there are a number of very important changes either completed or underway which will be introduced in the next release.

We also hope to introduce a bit of a revolution in Flight Sims in terms of enviroment with this release.

But the patch is likely 2 months away. People will just need to be patient, as has been said many times, the team is made up of volunteers who have their own lives.

For example, our key coder is currently in the middle of a move to a new job/different country, which obviously means he has no way to continue his work until he is established in his new home.

But work continues and there will be something substantial and new for players by the end of the summer.

This is at least the second post , the other one on a diff. thread saying june or july. for patch . some people want every little thing as a new patch ! as we found out with MG ., Fixing one or more things in the game will almost every time f- something else up. keep the peace, stop the trolling it will be, when it's time..... an with days that are warm we tend to do our yard work, gardens etc. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Snapper
May-27-2013, 13:40
other people who have free time, as (Tiger33) (Jafa) is more

Look in il2 1946, no cheating?

Just my opinion Nacy:this is the death of COD with patch Team-Fusion every ten months.

Nacy, your opinion is coming off as a troll post.

Team Fusion is under no obligation whatsoever to discuss, divulge, reveal, or otherwise disemminate any portion of their activity. They made this very clear right from the outset. If they choose to post any update then that's great, but they are unpaid volunteers of whom we have no right to expect any information other than what they feel prepared and willing to release.

The tone of your post above was rude and disrespectful. Please do not repeat this.

Kling
May-27-2013, 13:53

Cheers/m

This is the best post in here! This is what i meant with my first post in this thread!

Mattias is there any chance you can post this and maybe make it a sticky thread?!
I dont care WHEN the patch comes out but i think people are eager to know what kind of advancement has been made behind the locked doors of TF even if it doesnt even make it to a patch ;)

It will keep people intrested and hopefull!

Personally i wonder if it would not be better to release many small patches as things are fixed.
I dont want to seem ungrateful or impatient here because TF is semt from heaven in the flightsim world, but wouldnt many smaller patches be a greater strategy to keep people staying with CLOD instead of major patches more seldom??

Just thinking loud here no trolling intended.

ATAG_Snapper
May-27-2013, 13:57
Kling, your posts are always well-informed, respectful, and courteous. :thumbsup:

:)

Kling
May-27-2013, 14:06
Kling, your posts are always well-informed, respectful, and courteous. :thumbsup:

Thx bud.

Forum environments are dangerous because humans communicate to ca 90% via bodylanguage so posts that are meant to be read in a friendly or polite way can be misread as ungrateful or even attacking, especially questions. ;)

Mattias
May-27-2013, 14:18
This is the best post in here! This is what i meant with my first post in this thread!

Mattias is there any chance you can post this and maybe make it a sticky thread?!
I dont care WHEN the patch comes out but i think people are eager to know what kind of advancement has been made behind the locked doors of TF even if it doesnt even make it to a patch ;)

It will keep people intrested and hopefull!

Personally i wonder if it would not be better to release many small patches as things are fixed.
I dont want to seem ungrateful or impatient here because TF is semt from heaven in the flightsim world, but wouldnt many smaller patches be a greater strategy to keep people staying with CLOD instead of major patches more seldom??

Just thinking loud here no trolling intended.

I agree with Snapper :)

I don't disagree releasing smaller patches more frequently would be sweet, but I personally think the content reaches you all faster when it's bundled in a few larger patches. The reason for this is that we want to test all changes as firmly as possible within the team. When we're playing, oh testing I mean :D, the modding itself has to take a pause.
So, the more mods/changes/content we have for each testing period, the less time is needed per mod/change/content as they are tested parallely.
At least that's the theory :)

Cheers/m

Kling
May-27-2013, 14:44

I don't disagree releasing smaller patches more frequently would be sweet, but I personally think the content reaches you all faster when it's bundled in a few larger patches. The reason for this is that we want to test all changes as firmly as possible within the team. When we're playing, oh testing I mean :D, the modding itself has to take a pause.
So, the more mods/changes/content we have for each testing period, the less time is needed per mod/change/content as they are tested parallely.

Cheers/m

Makes all sense!!
Thx for clarifying that

Cheers Mattias

trooph
May-27-2013, 14:55

Cheers/m

I once was an alpha/beta tester for Project Realit: Arma 2 and i did hear something simillar...
"We should test this this that and that aswell to see if it works togheter, it should work, in theory ofcourse" But theory is always easier than practical side :)

I wish we had more small pathes released more often but i know that with such complicated game as flight sim its better to test few things at once to see if they work as they are intendet to.

Anyways fingers crossed and waiting for next release:)

Sandy1942
May-27-2013, 15:23

On the second screenshot Bf109F cockpit from game Battle over Moscow, after renamed in Battle over Stalingrad, and then the closed. The ex-member of MG team showed these screenshots. On pedals the logo 1C is well visible.

2896 2897 2898 2899

E69_pupo
May-27-2013, 15:41
On the second screenshot Bf109F cockpit from game Battle over Moscow, after renamed in Battle over Stalingrad, and then the closed. The ex-member of MG team showed these screenshots. On pedals the logo 1C is well visible.

2896 2897 2898 2899

this post has made me sad :( this models are now lost and will never see the light of the day.....

Kling
May-27-2013, 16:55
Saying that, why not release patches more often and run them on a second server when you think a bug is squashed. That way people can download that patch and become beta testers.. Every time TF has a new fix for the game they can add a new patch to that server but naming the server something like " Team fusion official beta test server" making it clear to people that if you join this server,it is too help TF for bug testing of new beta patch ONLY...
And if/when found out that there are no bugs with the new small patch on the beta server, they can make the patch official on the main servers... This way more people can test new additions/fixes and the beta testing goes faster for TF and the community.

Win win for all no?
This way, small patches COULD be released at the same speed as bugs and issues are corrected in the game by TF.

I would happily take the role as the "communicator" to the community for Team Fusion if noone wants to or has the time

Cheers

nacy
May-27-2013, 17:00
Saying that, why not release patches more often and run them on a second server when you think a bug is squashed. That way people can download that patch and become beta testers.. Every time TF has a new fix for the game they can add a new patch to that server but naming the server something like " Team fusion official beta test server" making it clear to people that if you join this server,it is too help TF for bug testing of new beta patch ONLY...
And if/when found out that there are no bugs with the new small patch on the beta server, they can make the patch official on the main servers... This way more people can test new additions/fixes and the beta testing goes faster for TF and the community.

Win win for all no?
This way, small patches COULD be released at the same speed as bugs and issues are corrected in the game by TF.

I would happily take the role as the "communicator" to the community for Team Fusion if noone wants to or has the time

Cheers

+1:thumbsup:

DRock
May-27-2013, 17:13
I love the game the way it is. Every patch is just a bonus to improve the game.

No expectations, just appreciation.

Thanks again, Team Fusion.:salute:

ATAG_DRock

nacy
May-27-2013, 17:28

ATAG_DRock

ATAG_DRock, your opinion is coming off as a troll post.

The tone of your post above was rude and disrespectful. Please do not repeat this.

humor French...

Kling
May-27-2013, 17:33

ATAG_DRock

Of course it is DRock and noone is demanding anything. Fact is however that the forums get more and more quiet each day. Just look at the donations. The months the patch came out it was something like 2000 dollars. There was a new intrest in the game. The game lived once again.

Anyway this thread was not about the appreciation of Team Fusion. I think we all are extreeeemely thankful for what they did and do. There is nothing to discuss there. Last patch was the first time in my flightsim history any developer released a game patch that had no bugs in it and caused no bugs either. The know how and the proffessionalism is definitely there... But it seems they are too busy communicating with community(it is understandable so no attack meant)

My post was a suggestion how to improve this and keep people informedthat things are still being developed behind locked doors.

My suggestion was to release small patches more often with smaller fixes on a second server to have them beta tested by a bigger group of players. Like we always have suggested to main developers but which always fell to deaf ears.

It would benefit TF(i would assume) and keep the community and their intrest for the game alive.

DRock
May-27-2013, 18:14

ATAG_DRock

This is just the opinion of an average player, not as an ATAGer.

Some people forget the volunteered efforts of TF. (Not you, Kling.)

There's a difference between constructive criticism and negative poking.

ATAG_DRock

Kling
May-27-2013, 18:20
This is just the opinion of an average player, not as an ATAGer.

Some people forget the volunteered efforts of TF. (Not you, Kling.)

There's a difference between constructive criticism and negative poking.

ATAG_DRock

+1

We must never forget that TF is a volunteered effort and if i could i would buy them all a beer or ten!!

RAF74_Buzzsaw
May-27-2013, 18:53
Salute

Everytime we do a release, it requires a lot of testing from the team. It also requires the new material be compiled and encrypted into the main code.

It is much more efficient to do this testing/compiling/encrypting as one process, rather than having to repeat the steps multiple times.

Additionally, the mods are not created in a haphazard manner, they are designed to work together to provide the players with a significant experiential advance.

The first release was focused on bringing the original game up to an improved level of functionality and realism within the time frame of the actual Battle of Britain.

This second release is also aimed at creating a 'package' which advances the player experience within a defined context and timeframe.

I am not going to say at this point what that experience entails, except that it will break new ground in simming.

Of course, we have already said that in the area of Flight Modelling we will be addressing damage and weapons modelling, as well as rollrate and high speed maneuverability.

And there have been quite a number of other previews and postings which have hinted at the contents of the package. No doubt board viewers can make educated guesses.

I will say that at this point, although it is high on our list of future goals, we will unfortunately not be able to visit the Mediterranean in the next release.

Cheers Buzzsaw :salute:

priller26
May-27-2013, 19:31
Im excited they are fixing the video stutter issue when you hit a plane and it flames and smokes, which happens even on fast rigs. All the rest is icing on the cake, and if there is a med/north africa campaign down the road, I will be even more excited. Its beautiful weather where I live, and time to get out and enjoy life, dont fodder away too much time online. Gaming is fun, but you don't get that time back, and its not a "life".

ATAG_Snapper
May-27-2013, 20:31

humor French...

:thumbsup: LOL

Wulf
May-27-2013, 21:20
OK, this is a bit OT but can anyone tell me if it will ever be feasible to add a completely new aircraft to the sim? I appreciate that this would take a huge amount of work but, that aside, could it be done or is it simply not possible in the present circumstances? I was just thinking how fab it would be if a FW 190 was introduced at some point. Then it would just be a matter of some relatively minor changes to produce a Mk V Spit and then a Mk IX.

Kling
May-27-2013, 23:52
Salute

Everytime we do a release, it requires a lot of testing from the team. It also requires the new material be compiled and encrypted into the main code.

It is much more efficient to do this testing/compiling/encrypting as one process, rather than having to repeat the steps multiple times.

Additionally, the mods are not created in a haphazard manner, they are designed to work together to provide the players with a significant experiential advance.

The first release was focused on bringing the original game up to an improved level of functionality and realism within the time frame of the actual Battle of Britain.

This second release is also aimed at creating a 'package' which advances the player experience within a defined context and timeframe.

I am not going to say at this point what that experience entails, except that it will break new ground in simming.

Of course, we have already said that in the area of Flight Modelling we will be addressing damage and weapons modelling, as well as rollrate and high speed maneuverability.

And there have been quite a number of other previews and postings which have hinted at the contents of the package. No doubt board viewers can make educated guesses.

I will say that at this point, although it is high on our list of future goals, we will unfortunately not be able to visit the Mediterranean in the next release.

Cheers Buzzsaw :salute:

+1
Sounds great Buzzaw!!

As I said before, i dont care about new map when we hardly use 10% of the one we have!;)

RAF74_Buzzsaw
May-27-2013, 23:56
OK, this is a bit OT but can anyone tell me if it will ever be feasible to add a completely new aircraft to the sim? I appreciate that this would take a huge amount of work but, that aside, could it be done or is it simply not possible in the present circumstances? I was just thinking how fab it would be if a FW 190 was introduced at some point. Then it would just be a matter of some relatively minor changes to produce a Mk V Spit and then a Mk IX.

Yes we expect to add completely new aircraft, not just variations on the aircraft which are in game.

The FW190 will not be the first, at this point, it is more likely it will be the 109F, which was significantly different than the 109E.

As mentioned by the poster, the Spits are a relatively easy progression from the Spit I/II onwards to the Spit V. The Spit IX requires quite a bit more work.

People should remember, new aircraft require quite a bit more than just the 3D external model, the internal damage model and the cockpit are also required. All together they add up to a considerable amount of work. All of this requires decryption/changes to the code as well.

For that reason we will be producing variations on the existing aircraft first, as well as cockpits for the non-flyables.

palker
May-28-2013, 03:33
It will be released when it is done. That imho is the best approach. No point in trying to rush the patch out of the doors. I am content to wait for a few months because even if it should take another 6 months to finish i know that the final result will rock. And i know that because the last patch was absolutely awesome.

Kodoss
May-28-2013, 03:40
Quick test for the impatient reader/writer under you.

Tell me 5 differences to the normal Bf 110 C-4 cockpit.:-P

Edit: I mean compare with the cockpit we have now ingame.

Tvrdi
May-28-2013, 08:18
Im excited they are fixing the video stutter issue when you hit a plane and it flames and smokes, which happens even on fast rigs. All the rest is icing on the cake, and if there is a med/north africa campaign down the road, I will be even more excited. Its beautiful weather where I live, and time to get out and enjoy life, dont fodder away too much time online. Gaming is fun, but you don't get that time back, and its not a "life".

+1

What a nonsense.
And really, why ppl keep comparing CLOD with BOS? BOS (or BOM, or whataver they come with to make extra cash), an DX9 game for masses, where you will need to cash for every screw in the cockpit? A game which comes from developers of ROF, who did a ww1 like sim in which a Sopwith camel can catch an Albatros? Not to mention Pup with rocket launchers or Startrek Bristols...or PfalzDIII which has a FM of an helicopter....a sim which will collapse if you put more than 40 ground units on a server...A sim whos community is more and more divided with each day, where some of the most dedicated fans just abandoned MP, all because of this:
http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=351&t=37468

no thanks

LG1.Klein
May-28-2013, 10:24

At a glance. There is a picture now. The red lettering indication continuous, 30 minutes, 5 minutes is shifted left to indicate the correct readings. Other than that I am ashamed to say I don't know.

ATAG_Snapper
May-28-2013, 10:57
+1

What a nonsense.
And really, why ppl keep comparing CLOD with BOS? BOS (or BOM, or whataver they come with to make extra cash), an DX9 game for masses, where you will need to cash for every screw in the cockpit? A game which comes from developers of ROF, who did a ww1 like sim in which a Sopwith camel can catch an Albatros? Not to mention Pup with rocket launchers or Startrek Bristols...or PfalzDIII which has a FM of an helicopter....a sim which will collapse if you put more than 40 ground units on a server...A sim whos community is more and more divided with each day, where some of the most dedicated fans just abandoned MP, all because of this:

no thanks

Interesting points, Tvrdi. That thread you linked to was quite an eye opener.

Just a request from me as a friend and overworked and underpaid moderator: please substitute "What a nonsense" with "I strongly disagree" (or words to that effect). It would make my job easier. :D

I learned my debating skills of tact and diplomacy from the renowned Dan Ackroyd (a fellow Canuck, I might add):

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OfAC77jWgzs

ram0506
May-28-2013, 11:58

Very true. I spent a lot of time offline myself before daring to enter a server :D
This is on our wish/to do list of course, but it's not an easy one.

Cheers/m

Excellent news!
I wish you luck especially with that item! For me as an offline player its one of the most important issues.

Thanks again for your good work!

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
May-28-2013, 13:53
+1

What a nonsense.

no thanks
Strongly disagree. 1) Fans of CloD have some real balls pointing out flaws in other sims FMs. 2) You have no idea what BoS retail model will be like. 3) I have seen the same behavior on ATAG and other servers many, many times. Any true fan of flight sims should be rooting for BoS to be a success.

Continu0
May-28-2013, 14:28
Any true fan of flight sims should be rooting for BoS to be a success.

Well... what is a success? Financially? I am sure it will be...
For me, a success would be that BoS provides the depth and possibilities of CloD - in Terms of Mission-Editor, FM, Details, Grapics, etc.... And altough I really hope that BoS lives up to this expectations, I think that there are good reasons to have doubts about it...

You might say that expectations like this are not realistic (for whatever reasons). But TF is proving that argument wrong: It really looks like it is possible to have a working Flight-Sim on the CloD-level. So why expect less or be happy with less? Especially after BoM was canceled and 1CGS was put in charge?

ATAG_Slipstream
May-28-2013, 14:43
Strongly disagree. 1) Fans of CloD have some real balls pointing out flaws in other sims FMs. 2) You have no idea what BoS retail model will be like. 3) I have seen the same behavior on ATAG and other servers many, many times. Any true fan of flight sims should be rooting for BoS to be a success.

What "fans of Clod"?

The link Tvrdi provided clearly shows a major discussion in about FM's the RoF forum.

Any true fan of flight sims should be rooting for BoS to be a success.

That really depends on a number of factors that boils down to personal opinion.

SCHLUETER
May-28-2013, 14:45
this post has made me sad :( this models are now lost and will never see the light of the day.....

not sure at all. I have read a post from jason saying if the game ( BOS) is a success he will sell direct X 11 cockpit in extra. Prepare your money chaps.

SCHLUETER
May-28-2013, 14:48

humor French...

N ' oublie pas que tout le monde n'a pas le meme humour et que certain peuvent mal le prendre.:-P

vranac
May-28-2013, 15:05
Well... what is a success? Financially? I am sure it will be...
For me, a success would be that BoS provides the depth and possibilities of CloD - in Terms of Mission-Editor, FM, Details, Grapics, etc.... And altough I really hope that BoS lives up to this expectations, I think that there are good reasons to have doubts about it...

You might say that expectations like this are not realistic (for whatever reasons). But TF is proving that argument wrong: It really looks like it is possible to have a working Flight-Sim on the CloD-level. So why expect less or be happy with less? Especially after BoM was canceled and 1CGS was put in charge?

No, 1CGS are not aiming that goals at all.They pointed out that clearly.No super graphics, they don't need two buttons to start engine,
they don't need fuel tank switch...ect, they don't want to complicate controls in BoS because they will loose wide audience.
They don't want to allow that automatic helpers or whatever they are called to be switched off on the server side
for the same reason.

I think they have very hard task, because they need 200.000 buyers.

CloD had big potentional pool of custumers from il2 pilots and it failed finacialy. Why?
People didn't want to upgrade their old PC's.
Most of the bugs was in the mission builder, they were not affecting average pilots with modern PC.

They took il2 sturmovik name and that may help but I don't see big pool of potential buyers.HL is empty.
Especially when they are practicaly jumping in the War Thunder territory.

palker
May-28-2013, 15:07

Rev counters are new other than that it all looks the same. Also there is something taped next to the Heizung plate on the right side

Kling
May-28-2013, 15:41
Guys please stay on topic or open ur own thread!!

ATAG_Headshot
May-28-2013, 15:42
I think most of us hope BOS succeeds but not many of us honestly expect it to with the expectations of a full real sim. To me one of the biggest things killing my excitement about it is the fact that it will be a direct x 9 game... Coming out in 2014 or later. That Is just so very very far below the current standard that it is painful. It will also already be far more of an arcade game than we have now in CLOD. Most of us here want a sim, not a game. It's really that simple.

DUI
May-28-2013, 16:13
Wow, what a thread with great information about the future of Team Fusion respectively Cliffs of Dover! I will summarize this information right away and post it in our own forum.

About the Team Fusion patch approach: I think it is the right way to publish major patches that have been decently tested. This it what differentiates TF from the original developers - just happy and exciting pilots after the release of a new patch and not a new bug for two fixed ones! And btw: As far as I remember we were used to much fewer patch intervals in the time before TF - if I count it correctly the second major patch is planned to be released just about 5-6 months after the first one.

About the communication of the progress and general plans: I would love to have a short status update once every week ("Friday updates"). But to be honest this is more to keep me entertained and it wouldn't make me fly Cliffs of Dover more/less often.

Looking forward to the next patch, enjoying the current one until then.

Regards
DUI

Kling
May-28-2013, 16:31

Win win for all no?

Cheers

DUI did you even read this part?!?

ATAG_Snapper
May-28-2013, 16:47
Well said, Kling. Your OP was answered by Matias and Buzzsaw. Time to move on.