PDA

View Full Version : "Start recording" crahes the game :(

Borsch
May-29-2013, 10:07
Hello,

I ahve a problem that I cannont record tracks of my flying. Once in game, I press "Esc" for pause menu to appear, I select "Start recording" and the game hangs- I can no longer select any thoer menues, cannot go back to the game, when I click my mouse I hear winows "Ding!" sound like it does when you try to click an option that is not allowed. The only way is to kill the game through task manager.

My system is W7 64, i5 2500k, 8gb, gtx 670. I have reinstalled the Directx and .Net from "redist" folder, I've also restored the game through Steam and I still can not make recordings, even on vanilla version...

Is there something I'm missing?

vranac
May-29-2013, 10:17
Hi, look in Launcher properties> Compatibility tab, "Disable desktop composition" and "Run as admin" should be checked.

Borsch
May-29-2013, 10:25
That did it! Thank you VERY much!!!!:thumbsup:

Just wish I posted here before restoring the game. But BIG thank to you anyway!

Just another quick question on the track recorder: is it normal that effects form the game are not shown in tracks (wingtip vertices, hit flashes, etc)?

vranac
May-29-2013, 12:32
You're welcome Borsch )

Yes, some things look different when watching tracks, hits on the planes look like little white clouds sometimes(moviemakers problem),
I think wingtip vertices are there.Probably the biggest problem is that you don't see the clouds in the track.

Just note if you are recording on ATAG start recording before spawn or you'll be kicked from the server.
On small maps or even Channel map with not so many objects you can start recording whenever you want.

Borsch
May-29-2013, 13:10
When I asked about missing vertices/flashes- that was when still have not reinstalled the TF Mod+patch. Now that it is installed, I do see vertices, hit flashes/fire (not just smoke) in recorded tracks. I also definitely see clouds in tracks as well. I've only done a few quick recordning with the AI though, not ATAG server recordings... (My Effects settings are "High" not medium).

Thanks again and S!

JuLB
Jul-01-2013, 14:28
Hello,

I have the exactly same problem with record track like Borsch:

Hello,

I have a problem that I cannont record tracks of my flying. Once in game, I press "Esc" for pause menu to appear, I select "Start recording" and the game hangs- I can no longer select any thoer menues, cannot go back to the game, when I click my mouse I hear winows "Ding!" sound like it does when you try to click an option that is not
allowed. The only way is to kill the game through task manager.

Of course, I check settings in Launcher properties> Compatibility tab, "Disable desktop composition" and "Run as admin". Both were check, DirectX and dot.Net reinstaled, BUT problem persists.
I dont have any idea, how change yet (I have win7 64bit Pro too).

Is there something I'm missing?