PDA

View Full Version : Speculation thread: "Revolutionary feature" to come

DUI
May-29-2013, 17:09
Hi guys,

RAF74_Buzzsaw announced in another (closed) thread that there might be a revolutionary feature in the next patch:

Thanks to people like Mattias, there are a number of very important changes either completed or underway which will be introduced in the next release.

We also hope to introduce a bit of a revolution in Flight Sims in terms of enviroment with this release.
So why not make some speculations about what this feature might be... :)

My guess: It is probably the same "revolutionary feature" that the original developers mentioned some weeks before the project was cancelled. I therefore expect it to be user-controlable guns and tanks.
But to be honest that guess is more a result out of a lack of creativity. Basically, that feature was already in a preview video from 1C and therefore does not seem to be quite enough a secret.

What do you guys think?

Regards
DUI

ATAG_Bliss
May-29-2013, 17:27
Definitely the best feature IMO, will be one of the worst and longest lasting bugs squashed in the next patch. :D

I can't comment on the upcoming features, but some of the guys have been doing some amazing stuff behind the scenes.

AKA_Knutsac
May-29-2013, 17:28
Dynamic weather?

Arthursmedley
May-29-2013, 17:35
Is it Monkey glands?

Royraiden
May-29-2013, 18:29
Definitely the best feature IMO, will be one of the worst and longest lasting bugs squashed in the next patch. :D

I can't comment on the upcoming features, but some of the guys have been doing some amazing stuff behind the scenes.

I honestly dont care what it is, just the fact that the guys are working so hard and actually fixing and improving this sim makes me smile :)

E69_pupo
May-29-2013, 18:36
not sure if evironment he means "landscape" as in the way trees and bushes are placed in the map or the LOD of terrain ( wish would be a really good thing if changed ), or the environment of us, in the game.

its going to be good, whatever it is....

Dutch
May-29-2013, 20:38
I reckon that it'll be an afterlife, so that as you see the screen getting darker and darker red, you'll suddenly see a light. A bright shining light at the end of a tunnel. When you see it, you'll stretch your arms out and say 'take me, take me' and then you'll rush down the bright tunnel at the speed of light, and end up in a garden full of trees laden with sweet fruits. Then you'll realise that you're lying on a soft couch, being massaged in fragrant oils by a collection of the most beautiful masseurs you've ever seen. They'll smile and say 'Is there anything further you need, oh wonderful one?', whereupon you will roll over, fart and say 'Get me a vindaloo'. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Freya
May-29-2013, 20:47
That's exactly what I was going to say, Dutch! You must be psycho...er..psychic....:)

Muffin
May-29-2013, 20:58
I reckon that they have fixed the trees so if you hit them you crash perhaps?

StormBat
May-29-2013, 21:42
Ufo's it has to be ufo's... And the first foo fighters were born! :sign16:

Uwe
May-30-2013, 00:15
AA working?

ATAG_Torian
May-30-2013, 00:47
I believe the De Wilde ammo will be creating the damage it is supposed to.

Roblex
May-30-2013, 01:44
Isn't it supposed to be something others sims have never done rather than just a welcome bug fix?

Maybe it will be running out to an already warmed up fighter so we can do a real scramble.
ASR coming to get you when you end up in the drink.
Taking AI players with you in online play (OK not entirely unprecedented)

It can't be anything wildly new as it is hard to make big changes to the graphics etc. Likely to be more to do with scripting.

Kling
May-30-2013, 06:20
The bailout sequence?

Katdog5
May-30-2013, 08:13
The only revolutionary feature that would be massively exciting would be clouds.

nacy
May-30-2013, 10:43
the only info for the next patch Team-Fusion.

http://vimeo.com/65968983

(beautiful music)-(beautiful ground explosion effects)-(beautiful trail in the sky) . Clouds not beautiful - mirror not beautiful - sound impact of bullets on plane not beautiful ...

Continu0
May-30-2013, 10:45
Dynamic Seasons of year?

Royraiden
May-30-2013, 11:01
I dont expect anything in particular, that way the surprise will be bigger :-P

trooph
May-30-2013, 12:56
Maybe we will be able to play pac-man while our engines warm up :)
Maybe we will be able to return to 1920x1080...that would be a revolution in ClOD:)
Or maybe i will just sit tight and wait for release and be happy about it when i get in on my HDD:)

LG1.Farber
May-30-2013, 15:19
Anti Aliasing... :-P

Kling
May-30-2013, 15:23
Guys you miss the point. Buzzaw said that "something revolutionary for a flightsim"
As far as i know alot of other flightsims have a collision model for trees and anti aliasing.

Try to think of something u havent seen in another flightsim. Most likely a feature that is in game from the start but was never activated such as the "bailout sequence" for example. Or drivable vehicles...

Kwiatek has already hinted that thanks to Mattias, "we will get new eyes". I personally hope that means that the dissapearing planes at a certain distance has been fixed. The broken LOD codes are imo the biggest game stoper at the moment.. ;)

Then again that is just my opinion...

Cheers

nacy
May-30-2013, 15:56
we want to see her on the forum ATAG. not in six months

that is just my opinion...

ATAG_Bliss
May-30-2013, 17:01
Something to think about: nacy isn't a very good English speaker. I believe French is his 1st language. So sometimes the language barrier can come into play. I would rather have sooner patches too :D. But the difference is he may be trying to convey the same thing with google translate.

ATAG_Snapper
May-30-2013, 18:23
Something to think about: nacy isn't a very good English speaker. I believe French is his 1st language. So sometimes the language barrier can come into play. I would rather have sooner patches too :D. But the difference is he may be trying to convey the same thing with google translate.

Fair enough. To Nacy - I apologise if I misunderstood your post. I've deleted my post because it was a very harsh response which, in light of good advice, was not deserved. I closed the thread because I was concerned that it was about to go downhill quickly. On reconsideration the thread is reopened since there have been some excellent discussion here. Sorry for my hasty over reaction, everyone.

:)

Royraiden
May-30-2013, 18:36
I thought about the language barrier as well because frankly I could not understand Nacy's posts very well. Anyways there have been a few hints about that major feature in more than one thread by different members involved with TF :) I now have a good guess about what it might be.

Wulf
May-30-2013, 20:03
I understand it's a feature to facilitate post-bailout combat. Apparently, in circumstances where two aircraft collide and both pilots manage to bail, the pilots will be able to continue the fight on the ground with Lugers and the standard RAF issue S&W .38 service revolver. Should be good. In circumstances where both combatants expend all of their ammo (obviously they wouldn't carry very much) they'll then be able to continue the fight with improvised weapons . These weapons will include, but not be limited to, pitch forks, hoes, axes, lumps of wood and indolent French peasants. Anyway, that's what I hear......

Roblex
May-31-2013, 02:27
Everything seems to point more towards a 'Weather' upgrade but there are a couple of problems with that:-

1. Every attempt to introduce even 'slightly' more interesting weather so far has resulted in server freezes and lag so unless they have found a way to do it with little effect on fps then it won't work (though they have performed some FPS miracles in the last few patches)
2. The introduction of even a moderate wind will cause a revolt as people complain that they can't navigate any more and level bombing has become impossible. Yes I know how to calculate a triangle of velocities and I know the bomb sights have settings to compensate for wind but most people will not want the extra complication.

Lastly can I say to those who keep posting 'Shut up and wait', this thread was started specifically for speculation and entertainment so if you are not entertained by the speculation don't bother reading the thread and don't post on it :-P

Continu0
May-31-2013, 03:42
Guys you miss the point. Buzzaw said that "something revolutionary for a flightsim"
As far as i know alot of other flightsims have a collision model for trees and anti aliasing.

Try to think of something u havent seen in another flightsim. Most likely a feature that is in game from the start but was never activated such as the "bailout sequence" for example. Or drivable vehicles...

Kwiatek has already hinted that thanks to Mattias, "we will get new eyes". I personally hope that means that the dissapearing planes at a certain distance has been fixed. The broken LOD codes are imo the biggest game stoper at the moment.. ;)

Then again that is just my opinion...

Cheers

Kling, did you know that DCS P-51 has a working bailout-sequence?

nynek
May-31-2013, 04:42
In order to be revolutionary and since it is simulator it has to be thick smoke fanned from computer in to the face after specific engine damage. There is no other way....no way....

Oersted
May-31-2013, 04:53
There was supposedly already a very complex weather engine in the sim, which however wasn't activated because it brought any Earthly computer to a standstill. If TF manages to dig it out and make it usable it will be fabulous!

Mastiff
May-31-2013, 05:08
server side locked Buildings and trees on. Thats my speculation!

Kling
May-31-2013, 06:40
Kling, did you know that DCS P-51 has a working bailout-sequence?

No i did not!

My bad !!! :(

ATAG_Headshot
May-31-2013, 08:39
Cup holders in every cockpit. When you click on them they call up the nearest dial-a-bottle service for you!

ATAG_Slipstream
May-31-2013, 09:48
There was supposedly already a very complex weather engine in the sim, which however wasn't activated because it brought any Earthly computer to a standstill. If TF manages to dig it out and make it usable it will be fabulous!

Yes there is, There is a video of it somewhere from one of the early versions and its pretty amazing stuff.

Muffin
May-31-2013, 12:06
In order to be revolutionary and since it is simulator it has to be thick smoke fanned from computer in to the face after specific engine damage. There is no other way....no way....

LOL, I have a fan on my desk which I turn on when I open the canopy xD

Mysticpuma
May-31-2013, 14:26
Is Spit Girl coming back? Cwwwooooooaarrrrrrr ;)

Jaws
May-31-2013, 14:41

It's been done already. It's called reckless overclocking. In the last year I burned two motherboards and an i7 CPU.
God help me. It's nothing like the smell of computer parts melting.

Anyway, I hope it's the weather engine.

Swoop
May-31-2013, 15:14
A stab at a decent weather model would be flying nivana. I remember flying Flight in a glider and even good old Il2 in a thunder storm with FF and rudder pedals - it just adds so much. Flying with the tension of a war mission, with your squad mates on TS against tough Blues and you manage to survive the battle and now you have to get back in that gale, side slipping on finals. You need a drink :) Those are the missions you remember.

A dynamic weather that changes, sunny day to thunderstorms, one day hopefully

Fantastic efforts TF.

Flyingblind
May-31-2013, 15:21

Thats not very revolutionary. My computer dose that as a matter of course - even when not playing CloD. And those gorgeous masseurs refered to earlier. Would they be male or female?

Tvrdi
May-31-2013, 17:27
It will be a beer holder. Or coke holder for some :-)

Seriously, I cant wait...

71st_AH_Vertigo
May-31-2013, 17:34
Occulus Rift..!!! :-)

ram0506
May-31-2013, 18:03
Occulus Rift..!!! :-)

That would be an explanation for the quote "we will get new eyes".:thumbsup:

E-69 Siegfried
May-31-2013, 18:30
One camera for real 3D world captured photo recon images??? or binoculars for the pilot maybe??

SG1_sandokito
May-31-2013, 20:24
Is Spit Girl coming back? Cwwwooooooaarrrrrrr ;)

The girl coming, but now is he 111 pilot girl :-P:-P

ATAG_Slipstream
May-31-2013, 20:32
A stab at a decent weather model would be flying nivana. I remember flying Flight in a glider and even good old Il2 in a thunder storm with FF and rudder pedals - it just adds so much. Flying with the tension of a war mission, with your squad mates on TS against tough Blues and you manage to survive the battle and now you have to get back in that gale, side slipping on finals. You need a drink :) Those are the missions you remember.

A dynamic weather that changes, sunny day to thunderstorms, one day hopefully

Fantastic efforts TF.

Great post Swoop!

I remember those days, in the Fi 156 Storch in bad weather at full throttle flying backwards.... yep you definitely need a drink after that :thumbsup:

~S~

nynek
May-31-2013, 20:49
Thats not very revolutionary. My computer dose that as a matter of course - even when not playing CloD. And those gorgeous masseurs refered to earlier. Would they be male or female?

Team Fusion is getting close... what You experiencing is random failures plus enabling enemy attack on Your base during well earn leave in London. It's that simple.

vranac
Jun-01-2013, 03:23
It's been done already. It's called reckless overclocking. In the last year I burned two motherboards and an i7 CPU.

:)

Ohhh! I spilled my coffee reading this one.

nacy
Jun-01-2013, 05:20

to burned one motherboards and an i7 CPU, exposing miles(1000) aircraft in CODwhaa

Video 18,04,2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hruTCx74iZw

GerritJ9
Jun-01-2013, 10:41
First that enters my mind when I hear "Revolutionary" is Lenin and Trotsky, but somehow I can't combine their names with flight sims.......

Dynamic weather isn't really new- Silent Hunter 4 has it for instance, so it must be something else- ground crews rushing forward to refuel and rearm your aeroplane after combat perhaps?

Continu0
Jun-01-2013, 12:59
No i did not!

My bad !!! :(

Nothing to feel bad about, nobody can know everything that is out there in the www....

I wish they rather do not implement the bailout-Sequence. I only saw it for the spit. That wouldn`t be funny for blue fighters when reds start to bail out as soon as they see the first tracers just because they want to see the bailout-sequence... ;- )
But it would be nice to be able to move your head while coming down on your parachute...

Roblex
Jun-01-2013, 13:40
We also hope to introduce a bit of a revolution in Flight Sims in terms of enviroment with this release.

I cannot think of anything to do with 'environment' that has not already been done by another flight sim apart from things that are beyond TFs abilities or not worth doing. Examples of all three follow:-

There are several weather features COD does not have such as turbulence in CuNims but Flight Simulator has most weather effects.

Nobody has allowed you to walk around the bomber to man guns or patch up wounded men but the graphics work involved is beyond TF. Same goes for animated ground crew or running out to your plane.

Calling in a rescue plane or launch to rescue a pilot in a dinghy could be fun and it is probably doable with some clever scripting but I doubt it is worth the effort involved.

Yeah, I am bored and posting crap for the sake of it :-P

GerritJ9
Jun-01-2013, 15:08
Roblex, some features may have been included in CloD but not activated because they were not fully sorted yet at the time of the too-early release. Oleg stated that the CloD series would include turbulence and other weather effects. Perhaps TF have unlocked (some of) these features and sorted the bugs?
Time will tell.

Dutch
Jun-01-2013, 16:10
And those gorgeous masseurs refered to earlier. Would they be male or female?

User selectable as required, in options/controls/keys/misc/gender preference a/b.

But it wouldn't be this either way.......

Mattias
Jun-01-2013, 19:17
http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s497/MusseMus77/Screenshot30511_zps0d4abea3.png (http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/MusseMus77/media/Screenshot30511_zps0d4abea3.png.html)

nacy
Jun-01-2013, 20:51
Yes Clouds No Batmanroflmao

ATAG_Snapper
Jun-01-2013, 21:43
Roblex, some features may have been included in CloD but not activated because they were not fully sorted yet at the time of the too-early release. Oleg stated that the CloD series would include turbulence and other weather effects. Perhaps TF have unlocked (some of) these features and sorted the bugs?
Time will tell.

Good point, Gerrit!

In a related note, does anyone remember if the original Clod version modelled slipstream turbulence? IIRC you got bounced around enough to throw off your aim if you saddled up right behind a bomber.

Me dear ol' Dad (R.I.P.) told me a story of his training days in 1942. (BCATP -- St. Hubert, Quebec; a long way from his home in Wallaroo Mines, S. Aussie). He and several others were flying Tiger Moths in formation when the leader pointed skyward. Above were a flight of Spitfires peeling off to dive on them in a mock attack. Their formation broke apart, and Dad said they were all doing tight turns as the Spits repeatedly pressed their attack. "The faster Spits couldn't match our turn, but their slipstream really hit us hard as they passed us by inches!" The Tiger Moths eventually made their way individually back to base. Did the Spitfires get reported? "No record of any Spitfires in that area at that time...." Didn't you get their markings? A wry grin... "No lad, a little busy at the time."

OBT~Psycho
Jun-02-2013, 04:32
I think it was in the list of the planned features, such as dynamic weather for instance, but went down the trash bin once they release the product.

BTW, as mention in the thread, it is supposed to be a "great premiere in the flightsim world" and this slipstream is modeled in Rise of Flight I think.

not to mention the "new eyes" comment

I really hope it is a new LOD or something like that, or why not a way to make night flight feasible in large groups....

Continu0
Jun-02-2013, 06:28
Good point, Gerrit!

In a related note, does anyone remember if the original Clod version modelled slipstream turbulence? IIRC you got bounced around enough to throw off your aim if you saddled up right behind a bomber.

Me dear ol' Dad (R.I.P.) told me a story of his training days in 1942. (BCATP -- St. Hubert, Quebec; a long way from his home in Wallaroo Mines, S. Aussie). He and several others were flying Tiger Moths in formation when the leader pointed skyward. Above were a flight of Spitfires peeling off to dive on them in a mock attack. Their formation broke apart, and Dad said they were all doing tight turns as the Spits repeatedly pressed their attack. "The faster Spits couldn't match our turn, but their slipstream really hit us hard as they passed us by inches!" The Tiger Moths eventually made their way individually back to base. Did the Spitfires get reported? "No record of any Spitfires in that area at that time...." Didn't you get their markings? A wry grin... "No lad, a little busy at the time."

Hey

Rise of flight already modeled this, but let me drop a comment to this:

Once in a while I experience that graphics-bug where other planes get a white "something-like-a-contrail-but-a-lot-bigger". Those planes then look like comets and almost disappear in that contrail-thing. I never managed to capture a screenshot as it usually happens in combat-Situations. Tight turning, no time to press a button...

This Contrail-Thing is about as long as I would imagine that a Slipstream has an impact on other planes, so maybe 3-4 times the length of the aircraft itself.
The bug appears at all alltitudes btw.

My tought on this was that maybe this bould be a grapical relict of a modeled, but not implemented slipstream...

Has anybody seen this? Any toughts about it?

Btw: XFX 7870 Graphics-Card. as far as I remember, this bug also occured with the last TF-Patch.

Kling
Jun-02-2013, 06:36
Hey

Once in a while I experience that graphics-bug where other planes get a white "something-like-a-contrail-but-a-lot-bigger". Those planes then look like comets and almost disappear in that contrail-thing. I never managed to capture a screenshot as it usually happens in combat-Situations. Tight turning, no time to press a button...

This Contrail-Thing is about as long as I would imagine that a Slipstream has an impact on other planes, so maybe 3-4 times the length of the aircraft itself.
The bug appears at all alltitudes btw.

My tought on this was that maybe this bould be a grapical relict of a modeled, but not implemented slipstream...

Btw: XFX 7870 Graphics-Card. as far as I remember, this bug also occured with the last TF-Patch.

Yes i have seen this bug too!!!

You have an intresting thought there about what it could be. Never struck me before!!

Roblex
Jun-02-2013, 12:03
Hey

<snip>

I saw it last week for the first time and just assumed it was a bug displaying the fuel leak or smoke as it was on a bomber I had just shot up. It was only on that one plane out of a group of three so I don't think it was turbulence being shown.

Catseye
Jun-02-2013, 21:04
Good point, Gerrit!

Ah, St. Hubert PQ.,
I remember as a kid of 7 when they had war exercises, me and a few friends would get out onto the grass on the approach and lie down and watch the Vampires and F86's landing over our heads and taking off again. My biggest impression was the amount of smoke trail from both the Vampire and the F86 and the smell of Kerosene as they passed overhead at less than 100 ft.

I also remember walking down the flight line when a flight of B29's landed and trying to climb up the nosewheel landing gear into the cockpit area.

It was neat also on the hangar line to walk amongst the F86's and tiptoe up and look into the intake and into the exhaust area and also peek inside the airbrakes area. All this totally at will without security chasing us off.

The things you can do when you are a kid . . . . .

Oh, and then there was a Mustang on a low level hi-speed fly by along the main runway and a full 90 degree zoom climb and arching back wheels and flaps down and landing on the same runway he just did the fly-by on.

Lots of memories of post war RCAF days in Air Defence Command.

Cheers,
Cats . . .

Roblex
Jun-03-2013, 02:16
I think I may have found a likely candidate for "We also hope to introduce a bit of a revolution in Flight Sims in terms of enviroment with this release."

I was going through my old IL2 related email trying to get rid of the deadwood and stumbled across the original Team Fusion announcement of what they were hoping to put in the patch and the only two things that were on that list and have not been seen yet were the Device Link code, which they have now told us is in the upcoming patch, and
' Seasonal map changes of the English Channel map - This includes the standard English Channel Summer map with greatly improved textures, to an Autumn, and Winter versions of the same map"

OK, maybe not unprecedented in flight sims but something not often seen in MMO flight sims and definitely to do with 'Environment'.
IL2 and other sims have maps with snow and other maps without snow but I am not sure who has four seasonal versions of the same map (though you might ask why a sim about an event that only lasted one summer would need four seasons :D )

buster_dee
Jun-03-2013, 06:20
Dropping leaflets to an enemy airbase's ground hogs.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Jun-03-2013, 08:13
I'm in agreement with Soren and think it is a weather related phenom. Imagine rain, snow, icing conditions!:thumbsup:

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jun-03-2013, 09:28
I'm in agreement with Soren and think it is a weather related phenom. Imagine rain, snow, icing conditions!:thumbsup:

Some rain/ storms would be awesome, as well as the ability to have a properly overcast sky that didn't kill PCs...

But as for snow and icing!!!! We just got rid of the icing in the clouds.
Summer 1940? Icing?
Please, dear God no.:)

My speculations are
1. Controllable ground/sea vehicles (which would need further work fixing the net-code which already has trouble after 80 players)
2. Fixing the LOD issues (which it sounds like they have a good handle on)
3. FPS/CPU friendly resultion to Tree collisions

Muffin
Jun-03-2013, 11:15
I believe this is what you mean:

http://i39.tinypic.com/fusxh0.jpg

Im not sure what causes it, but I have noticed it only appears when an aircraft its about to stall.

Kling
Jun-03-2013, 13:04

Im not sure what causes it, but I have noticed it only appears when an aircraft its about to stall.

That is exactly my observation too!

Continu0
Jun-03-2013, 14:22
Yes, that is that thing... Can`t tell if it is related to beeing close to stall tough...

nacy
Jun-03-2013, 14:42
no patch yet?

Nacy going to bed ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Here in France 20h41

buster_dee
Jun-03-2013, 20:18
Years ago a small group was trying to make a night bomber simulation. The remnants of that group formed 242 Squadron. I was an "outsider," volunteering to do anything they would let me do. I thought sea rescue would be a nice feature and started doing research on what kind of launches might be used. As a night bomber sim, I think that "tension" would have worked. Not so sure about the daytime environment. But I still think it would be a cool feature. So, I'll make that my guess.

With the great work TF has done so far, I just can't believe it will be something meaningless. I will probably like it, whatever it is.

We had 3 of the Yak3/9 reproductions at a local airport (I think 9 were built). One was getting paint work, one was getting engine maintenance, and one was just trying to find a permanent home. That last one used to do these incredible low, fast passes over the runway after takeoff, finished off with a graceful climbing turn that barley clipped controlled airspace. No one that I know of ever reported it.

Chivas
Jun-03-2013, 20:23
no patch yet?

Here in France 20h41

Nobody has said there was an impending patch. I would suggest you stay in bed for a few months.

Kling
Jun-04-2013, 03:07
no patch yet?

Here in France 20h41

?????
Why do you think there is a patch coming?!

DUI
Jun-04-2013, 03:23
For some reason, Nacy has to bring up this topic every some days.

Last communication from TF regarding the release date of the patch was "in about 2 months".

LG1.Farber
Jun-04-2013, 03:50

That is condensation trails from the wingtips, they are only slight when seen from your cockpit but this is what everyone else sees. Yes it does happen close to the stall... However I have not seen this since the TF patch...

Continu0
Jun-04-2013, 08:54
If it is what you say, then it is certainly overdone... This plane is about 2-5 miles away. For this distance it is just too big...

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jun-04-2013, 09:56
If it is what you say, then it is certainly overdone... This plane is about 2-5 miles away. For this distance it is just too big...

I've seen hundreds of aircraft stall during manouevres both aerobatic (extreme angles of attack) and in level flight.
Never have I seen anything that remotely resembles what we see in game.

The wingtip trails that you see from inside the cockpit look ok. When those trails are seen by other players external to your cockpit they look awful

Although, like Farber, I've not seen these since that 3.01 patch, and I'd forgotten about it since!

ATAG_Ribbs
Jun-04-2013, 14:17
I have seen this to... a lot more before TF patch, but a few times after it also. Ive witnessed it at high altitudes, and also when friendly aircraft was landing..while I was sitting on the ground. No rhyme or reason...

Muffin
Jun-04-2013, 14:31
When I took the screenshot I was only getting 20 fps, major fps killer that!

Kling
Jun-04-2013, 17:00
When I took the screenshot I was only getting 20 fps, major fps killer that!

When did you see it last?! After or before the TF patch?

trooph
Jun-04-2013, 17:14
Ive seen it a week ago on a slow flying spit. Tf 3.01

Roblex
Jun-04-2013, 17:23
I saw it it last week on a bomber. It was not high enough for contrails and not any slower than the bombers it was in formation with.

56RAF_klem
Jun-06-2013, 02:16

I saw it last night on a 109 I was about to kill. I believe the 109 has a special control for it :grrr:

And you're all wrong, it's novel and 'environmental'. Its the "Mole Raincloud"
The forums are scanned for anyone releasing details from a Closed forum into an Open forum and causing endless speculation. Their Steam account is tagged and everywhere they fly it pissistently rains all over them :-P

OBT~Psycho
Jun-06-2013, 08:52

as many other, I've seen this recently, actually yesterday night. We were flying in close formation, when a 109 trying to regroup didn't pay attention at his speed and was about to ram the leader. He pushed his stick and then...wingtip smoketrail!

ATAG_Bliss
Jun-06-2013, 12:55
Just like contrails, the wing tip stuff could only be seen by your own player before the TF patch.

Now everyone in MP can see everyone's contrail and wingtip smoke. Before the TF patch you could only see your own for both aspects.

That is one the things that got fixed. The vanilla game was never possible in MP to see this.

ATAG_Freya
Jun-06-2013, 13:53
My guess is player operated flak guns. Just thought I would throw that out there..

ATAG_Freya
Jun-11-2013, 00:07
I may be accused of kicking a dead horse, but earlier in this thread there was talk about the strange white clouds seen on aircraft. Check this out.. Strange eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mvmjzfapV8

Continu0
Jun-11-2013, 01:37
That is exactly what I was talking about. Best video of it so far.

And those are in no way "wing-tip-smoketrails". I have no Idea what kind of bug this is, but it looks like I would imagine a slipstream from the aircraft...

Kling
Jun-11-2013, 04:29
I may be accused of kicking a dead horse, but earlier in this thread there was talk about the strange white clouds seen on aircraft. Check this out.. Strange eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mvmjzfapV8

Hm intresting.....

Dutch
Jun-11-2013, 06:29
Good vid of the Effect Freya mate. Contrary to Bliss' statement above, this effect was in the 'vanilla' version. We Red chaps thought for a while that the 109s had a 'fire extinguisher', which people were using as a cheat, because it invariably brought fps to a near standstill. Seems the unknown effect is still there. I've seen it myself on a few occasions recently.

OT: Like that version of 'Ghost Riders in the Sky' BTW. Frankie Lane? Jim Reeves? :D

ATAG_Freya
Jun-11-2013, 08:29
Marty Robbins, Dutch. :thumbsup: Ever since Fallout New vegas I love classic country. No Idea why. This "effect" was out in force last night. Hadn't seen it for a week or so till then. Didn't seem to destroy my FPS's though, and it sure made spotting at a distance easy!:beaten:

HolyGrail
Jun-11-2013, 19:19

Hi Freya ,
please , do you happen to have recorded track of this white pile up ugliness used in your video
or was it live in-game footage without recording track ? :D
With track we might be able to do something about it , without track we're doomed , thx :thumbsup:

ATAG_Freya
Jun-11-2013, 21:32
Sorry HolyGrail, I use MSI afterburner to record because recording with the "in game recorder" is reported to give troubles sometimes. I wish I could help. When I see another consistent occurance of this I'll try to get it with the game's track recorder! Surely someone must have some footage of this?

HolyGrail
Jun-12-2013, 12:16
Thanks Freya ,
no problemo , don't be sorry , it's all cool , we will try to get to it later on :thumbsup:
Considering " Revolutionary feature " topic , I believe this white smoke " effect "
is indeed looking revolutionary ! :D

:salute: HG

coolhand3011
Jun-13-2013, 21:04
Thanks Freya ,
no problemo , don't be sorry , it's all cool , we will try to get to it later on :thumbsup:
Considering " Revolutionary feature " topic , I believe this white smoke " effect "
is indeed looking revolutionary ! :D

:salute: HG

I saw it today really heavily off a FW200 today in ATAG, I recorded a track and flew around it several times but when I played it back later there was no white cloud. The only damage that it had was a fuel leak. Out of the formation it was the only one doing it. I can upload the track and the one in my gunsight was the one doing it but for whatever reason it doesn't show up on the track, so I'm not sure that it will help any. It might not show up on tracks though.

HolyGrail
Jun-14-2013, 13:57
Thank you coolhand3011 ,
that's what we thought as well , yep , this weird effect may not show up in the recorded track once it is replayed :grr:
We will carry on with the other stuff until we bump to this white smoke issue again and having extra free available
time to check it out or maybe someday there will be at least one recorded track in existence where this
effect could be somehow seen even when replaying the track .
Thank you for trying :thumbsup:

~S!~ :salute: