PDA

View Full Version : Real Dogfight Session Video

Royraiden
May-31-2013, 19:21
This was posted at the BOS forums on today's friday update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d59wI2Uf6oA&feature=player_embedded

Looks pretty damn good if you ask me.They said they installed a few cameras and sensors on each plane,also some of the developers were on the planes as passengers.

vranac
May-31-2013, 19:56
Not bad , but this is the real stuff with Yaks :stunned:
Look at the channel few more nice videos there.

http://vimeo.com/34697435

http://vimeo.com/33614475

Royraiden
May-31-2013, 20:22
Not bad , but this is the real stuff with Yaks :stunned:
Look at the channel few more nice videos there.

http://vimeo.com/34697435

http://vimeo.com/33614475

That second video was awesome! Its amazing how hard the pilots needed to roll their heads around to keep the enemy in sight.

nacy
Jun-01-2013, 08:23
What blah blah blah to make a games.

If you make a game in space, it will go to the moon?

ATAG_Slipstream
Jun-01-2013, 08:39
What blah blah blah to make a games.

If you make a game in space, it will go to the moon?

I agree nacy.

2 duel seat Yaks & one helicopter plus costs, such extravagant behavior can only be afforded by the "pay for your own fresh air" business model.

Nice videos btw vranac

Royraiden
Jun-01-2013, 11:15
I agree nacy.

2 duel seat Yaks & one helicopter plus costs, such extravagant behavior can only be afforded by the "pay for your own fresh air" business model.

Nice videos btw vranac

Ok I wont post anything else on this section of the forum.I still dont understand why it exists to begin with because most of the info/screens/videos are left as wrong or bad.I dont support the pay per plane system either but how is that related to the video?This wasnt made just for the fun of it, useful data and experience was the main purpose, but I could be wrong.

To Nacy I havent understood a single comment you made.

ATAG_Snapper
Jun-01-2013, 11:16
I could think of worse ways to spend a morning! LOL

Thanks for posting these, gentlemen. It's a great idea to have developers experience for themselves the g-forces involved. I laid down the princely sum of $150 for a 20-minute ride in the backseat of a Harvard almost 10 years ago. It was at a local air show, they accepted VISA, and I thought "Why not?". I had a chance to briefly chat with the pilot beforehand. He was a former RCAF F-18 pilot and a current airline pilot. He was flying the Harvard as a volunteer -- he loved getting the free airtime in the crate. When I told him about the wonderful new Russian flight sim called "IL2 Sturmovik", he chuckled and reached into the rear cockpit and snicked in a control stick. It had a spring-loaded button just like a vacuum cleaner attachment. LOL

Once we were airborne he demonstrated some basic turns, then a wing over. He gave me a quick heads up first by telling me we were going to "attack" the red barn down below just ahead and to the left. What a cool feeling to feel the wing blot out the sun and see that barn in the upper canopy! He ended the dive almost as soon as it started -- but I remember my head feeling very heavy. I asked him if we hit 6 g's and he laughed and said, "No, about 2, maybe 2 and a half!" Oh.

He then let me take the controls and I skidded around the sky with the ball firmly tucked into the corner each time. It ain't easy being an ace pilot. All too soon we had to go back. Our approach was a lot longer, slower, and flatter than the greased-on approaches I make these days at Hawkinge in my Spittie. Hehehe.

I gotta find my pics -- they're buried in a hard drive somewhere!

Dutch
Jun-01-2013, 11:36
I seem to recall our friend Luthier posting a video some years ago called 'fighter pilot for a day', where he went up and did something similar to Loft & Co. In fact there are quite a few youtube vids in similar vein done by quite a few chaps.

We have no idea whether company funds paid for it, or whether the individuals themselves had to foot the bill to take part. Either way, if you can't do something like that whilst researching a flight sim, there's something wrong.

Whether or not it'll help make IL2 Sturmovik - Battle of Stalingrad the best combat flight sim of all time remains to be seen.

I enjoyed the vid though. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Slipstream
Jun-01-2013, 14:13
Ok I wont post anything else on this section of the forum.I still dont understand why it exists to begin with because most of the info/screens/videos are left as wrong or bad.I dont support the pay per plane system either but how is that related to the video?This wasnt made just for the fun of it, useful data and experience was the main purpose, but I could be wrong.

To Nacy I havent understood a single comment you made.

What I posted wasn't meant to cause any offence to you, or anyone else for that matter and I actually enjoyed the video. What I posted was my own personal thought and does not reflect the opinions of any other entity.

People like yourself posting videos, and the rest of us commenting on them are what makes this forum a cool place to be, so please continue to post as despite my shitty attitude at times, I'm an aviation enthusiast and I enjoy viewing screens, videos, information etc.. that others have rooted out and taken the time to post here.

~S~

Royraiden
Jun-01-2013, 17:18
What I posted wasn't meant to cause any offence to you, or anyone else for that matter and I actually enjoyed the video. What I posted was my own personal thought and does not reflect the opinions of any other entity.

People like yourself posting videos, and the rest of us commenting on them are what makes this forum a cool place to be, so please continue to post as despite my shitty attitude at times, I'm an aviation enthusiast and I enjoy viewing screens, videos, information etc.. that others have rooted out and taken the time to post here.

~S~

I apologize for my reply, my attitude wasnt the best either.

ATAG_Slipstream
Jun-01-2013, 18:15
I apologize for my reply, my attitude wasnt the best either.

No problem at all, I guess we are all a passionate bunch! :thumbsup:

nacy
Jun-01-2013, 18:26
I will buy the games BOS.
777 can pay for a flight on Yak to improve my dogfight (777 thank you):flying:

Hooves
Jun-10-2013, 14:37
Both these videos are just AMAZING, those yak's were doign some pretty gnarly maneuvers at low alt, it got MY blood pumping just watching, And the neck strain those guys must go through makes me realize how fit these pilots must have been! I hope the Oculus Rift can give us a taste of really twisting around in the cockpits like these guys!!!!