PDA

View Full Version : Cant install this mod

rogerio_
Jun-07-2013, 14:41
Hey guys,

I watched the install vídeo and followed all the procedures, but when I clicked the file of installation (Mod Installer.exe) inside the game's folder, it just doesnt run, and the install window does not open also.:grrr:

Someone has already been trough this? Thanks and greetings from Brazil.

My computer configuration is:

AMD Athlon II X2 245;
6GB Ram
Windows 7 64bits - Ultimate
AMD radeon HD 6670 - 1GB Ram.

Muffin
Jun-07-2013, 18:40
Try running the installer as an admin.

rogerio_
Jun-07-2013, 19:45
Try running the installer as an admin.

Thanks, but I tried to execute as admin and it didnt worked out. I dont know what happens with my WIN 7.

I tried to put in my file as reliable in my antivirus but it did not work. I would like it lot to work.

rogerio_
Jun-08-2013, 00:18
Hi,

I watched the task manager while running the installer, and I could see that the file appears and then disappears from the list of managed executables. Does the installer is corrupted?

Thanks for help!

rogerio_
Jun-08-2013, 02:09
HI,

Already have disabled my antivirus and nothing has downloaded the installer on another computer and nothing.
As in yours works and mine does not? The file tries to run but not to run.

56RAF_klem
Jun-08-2013, 02:59
Check that the patch files are complete. Also note there are TWO patches and they must be unzipped before you can use them:

1.TF 3.00 M0d Installer.exe
Properties:
Size 380MB (399,170,560 bytes)
Size on disc: 380MB (399,171,584 bytes)

2. Minipatch 3.01 Mod Installer.exe
Properties:
11.0 MB (11,594,240)
Size on dosc: 11.0 MB (11,595,776 bytes)

No 1. must be installed before no 2.

Also note they do not need to be in the game folder, put them in a Downloads folder and run them from there. You will be asked to confirm the game folder when you run them.

BUT First....
You probably know this but you should go to Steam Library, right click on il-2 sturmovik Cliffs of Dover and select Properties, then:
Select UPDATES tab and under Automatic updates select "Do not automatically update this game"
then...
Select LOCAL FILES tab and click on VERIFY INTEGRITY OF CACHE to have Steam check and correct any files errors - just to be sure you start with a clean Steam version before you install the patches.

rogerio_
Jun-08-2013, 16:44
Hi,

Thanks for the guidance. All checked and there was no error in the archives both in size and in checking the integrity of the steam.

What caught my attention is that the installer tested on four different computers and the file did not open any of them. :(

I'm giving up for now but I think if anyone else has the same problem may perhaps appear a solution.

Thank you for your help. :thumbsup:

Catseye
Jun-08-2013, 17:13
Hi,

Thanks for the guidance. All checked and there was no error in the archives both in size and in checking the integrity of the steam.

What caught my attention is that the installer tested on four different computers and the file did not open any of them. :(

I'm giving up for now but I think if anyone else has the same problem may perhaps appear a solution.

Thank you for your help. :thumbsup:

This makes me think that the file is corrupted.
Perhaps re-download it and try again?

rogerio_
Jun-08-2013, 18:00
This makes me think that the file is corrupted.
Perhaps re-download it and try again?

hi,

Grateful for your help, but it was exactly what I did, I downloaded the file on the four computers because I thought that what was downloaded was in trouble, but none of the files work

ATAG_Slipstream
Jun-08-2013, 18:20
hi,

Grateful for your help, but it was exactly what I did, I downloaded the file on the four computers because I thought that what was downloaded was in trouble, but none of the files work

I don't get why this is happening on four different computers. I had to reinstall the complete game yesterday and I downloaded and reinstalled both the patches without any problems at all. I've been online flying most of the afternoon.

Either-way, don't give up. Everyone is very helpful here and we'll get you set-up one way or the other.

EDIT...

Whats even stranger is your system is almost identical to mine.

AMD Athlon II X2 215
4GB RAM
Windows 7 64bit - Ultimate
AMD Radeon HD 5850

~S~

Catseye
Jun-08-2013, 22:36
hi,

Hmmmm, this is very strange.

What is especially interesting is that it will not open in 4 different computers and you downloaded it separately on all four of them. From the same source?

Are you running the same anit-virus program on all 4 computers?

Just thinking out lout here but maybe turn off your anti-virus and your firewall temporarily and try again as Administrator.

This is very puzzling.

Hope somebody comes up with a solution for you.

rogerio_
Jun-09-2013, 02:29
Hmmmm, this is very strange.

What is especially interesting is that it will not open in 4 different computers and you downloaded it separately on all four of them. From the same source?

Are you running the same anit-virus program on all 4 computers?

Just thinking out lout here but maybe turn off your anti-virus and your firewall temporarily and try again as Administrator.

This is very puzzling.

Hope somebody comes up with a solution for you.

Thank you for your interest. Yes, the downloads were made on each computer and the same source, this forum. Two computers do not have antivirus and I have disabled the firewall, because I've had problems with installations with firewall enabled.

Everyone has the same behavior, with a window open in the task manager processes, I can see that the installer executable appears, try running seconds and then disappears from the process list.

I do not know what this is the first time I see this in installing MODs or games.

56RAF_klem
Jun-09-2013, 05:21
Thank you for your interest. Yes, the downloads were made on each computer and the same source, this forum. Two computers do not have antivirus and I have disabled the firewall, because I've had problems with installations with firewall enabled.

Everyone has the same behavior, with a window open in the task manager processes, I can see that the installer executable appears, try running seconds and then disappears from the process list.

I do not know what this is the first time I see this in installing MODs or games.

OK, I am assuming you did unzip the downloaded .zip files to get to the .exe's and haven't simply double clicked the .zip files expecting them to do the installation.
I wonder if its something to do with perhaps installing the original game not as Administrator (just guessing in the dark).

{EDIT: another guess, be sure you have run the game once before installing patches. I believe the 1C Soft Club folder doesn't get created until you have and maybe the patch needs to see that.}

Anyway, Win 7 has fairly strong user account controls especially under \Program Files (x86)\ and \Program Files\ although running as Admin should help but I have had problems in the past so, try this on a PC where you have the disc space:

Create a folder C:\MyProgram Files\
Copy the entire \il2-sturmovik cliffs of dover\ folder contents (all subfolders and files) from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il2-sturmovik cliffs of dover\
into C:\MyProgram Files\ so you end up with C:\MyProgram Files\il2-sturmovik cliffs of dover\ plus subfolders and files.
Then try installing the patches to C:\MyProgram Files\il2-sturmovik cliffs of dover\.

If it works just run CoD from there (make a new desktop shortcut). It will still recognise your \My Documents\1C Soft Club\il2-sturmovik cliffs of dover\ folder where your personalised files are.

I'm actually running mine from H:\ATAG MODCLOD\il2-sturmovik cliffs of dover\ which just happens to be where I was doing beta testing. The patch did also install ok to my standard C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il2-sturmovik cliffs of dover\ folder, however I am the Administrator on my PC (as most people are) so maybe that has something to do with it.

56RAF_klem
Jun-09-2013, 05:24
Another guess, be sure you have run the game once before installing patches. I believe the 1C Soft Club folder doesn't get created until you have and maybe the patch needs to see that

Catseye
Jun-09-2013, 15:16

The installer executable appears to be looking for a file and not locating it shuts down.

Just reconfirming what was just said by others - Ensure that the original version of CLOD has been run at least once to create the 1CSoftClub file in the "My Documents" folder.

Keep at it.

rogerio_
Jun-09-2013, 23:18
HI,
I installed Steam and the game and after that the MOD INSTALLER worked. I believe that something was corrupted on Steam.

One detail that has generated many questions.:doh:

Thanks for your patience and dedication. I'll post my impressions of the improvements:ilike:

ATAG_Slipstream
Jun-09-2013, 23:21
HI,
I installed Steam and the game and after that the MOD INSTALLER worked. I believe that something was corrupted on Steam.

Thanks for your patience and dedication. I'll post my impressions of the improvements:ilike:

Glad you got it sorted and I hope you enjoy the patch! :thumbsup:

Catseye
Jun-10-2013, 13:01
HI,

Excellent Rogerio!!

See you in the air.