PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Detroit...and help me get started please!

mcair
Jun-09-2013, 21:54
Hey everyone,

COD is my first venture in combat sims/online gaming, and I'm really looking forward to joining a mission online.

Please forgive my ignorance, but having scanned these forums for an hour or so, and having done some Googling, I'm looking for some pointers to get me up and running.

Firstly, when I try to connect to a server, COD tells me the server version 3.01 is not compatible with my client, which is running under Steam so I assume I have the most current version. Do I need a separate patch?

Second, what is "team fusion", do I need it to play online and how do I get it?

Thirdly, any other utilities that you guys can recommend? I have a beefy system used to FSX with a ton of add-ons, so I can load pretty much anything.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers!

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jun-09-2013, 22:07
Hello Mcair

You need to first install the game, update it through Steam to the latest official patch.

Then install the TEAM FUSION patches. Look here for the patches here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100

TF 3.00 first, then TF 3.01.

If you have questions, please take the time to scan the forums for answers, and don't forget to read the wiki page.

Osprey
Jun-10-2013, 07:33
Get yourself TrackIR or Freetrack - you need to do more looking about in a Combat Flight Sim than in FSX.

What do you plan on flying? Any favourite type?

9./JG52 Ziegler
Jun-10-2013, 07:42
Get yourself TrackIR or Freetrack - you need to do more looking about in a Combat Flight Sim than in FSX.

Yeah, 109 :-P

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-10-2013, 08:43
Can I get a link to the "Wiki" Page ????

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jun-10-2013, 08:46
see the big yellow bar at the top of the ATAG forum ^^

mcair
Jun-10-2013, 11:20

Had a TrackIR for years, its indispensible in FSX too. Spitfire is my favorite. Looking forward to splashing some Stukas!

Osprey
Jun-10-2013, 13:02
Very good. You are more than welcome to take some flights with the ACG squadron pilots, No.64 are on Spitfires so just jumped in with them - all our website and connection details in my sig :)

Enjoy!

mcair
Jun-12-2013, 07:43
Very good. You are more than welcome to take some flights with the ACG squadron pilots, No.64 are on Spitfires so just jumped in with them - all our website and connection details in my sig :)

Enjoy!

Cheers, I might do that.