PDA

View Full Version : No servers

SoW Reddog
Jun-13-2013, 08:10
On tuesday night I tried resolving my disappearing planes/LOD issues following the instructions in that thread on here. Since then, I have a message in my client window "can't find servers" or "no servers" (something like that) and consequently can't connect to play online. The game seems fine offline, although I had several launcher crashes with teh ruc files so have restored back to not use that. What config changes could I have made which prevents servers from showing up?

I read somewhere about a "fix" for this issue being to create my own server, but that hangs when I try it. I really really don't want to reinstall, but is that my only option? please help as I was having an awesome time online and have TrackIR arriving today to improve my experience. I don't want to have to miss out.:(

Wulf
Jun-13-2013, 09:57
Hmmmmm ... strange. Can't see why those changes would cause a problem. The only time I get "no server" messages is when I forget to connect Steam online. Are you sure you aren't just in offline mode?

ATAG_Bliss
Jun-13-2013, 11:47
On tuesday night I tried resolving my disappearing planes/LOD issues following the instructions in that thread on here. Since then, I have a message in my client window "can't find servers" or "no servers" (something like that) and consequently can't connect to play online. The game seems fine offline, although I had several launcher crashes with teh ruc files so have restored back to not use that. What config changes could I have made which prevents servers from showing up?

I read somewhere about a "fix" for this issue being to create my own server, but that hangs when I try it. I really really don't want to reinstall, but is that my only option? please help as I was having an awesome time online and have TrackIR arriving today to improve my experience. I don't want to have to miss out.:(

This is a really easy, but strange fix. I don't know what causes the issue, but to fix it, go into MP and simply start your own server. Just skip right through the difficulty sections, server name etc, and load any mission included with the game (they will be shown on screen). You'll see the loading bar and be in your own server.

After that, just disconnect and refresh the server list, and you should see all the servers now.

SoW Reddog
Jun-13-2013, 11:58
This is a really easy, but strange fix. I don't know what causes the issue, but to fix it, go into MP and simply start your own server. Just skip right through the difficulty sections, server name etc, and load any mission included with the game (they will be shown on screen). You'll see the loading bar and be in your own server.

After that, just disconnect and refresh the server list, and you should see all the servers now.

Thanks Bliss. Guess you missed the bit of my post that says I've tried that and it hangs before I can load a mission?

ATAG_Bliss
Jun-13-2013, 12:19
Thanks Bliss. Guess you missed the bit of my post that says I've tried that and it hangs before I can load a mission?

Yep - missed that part. What do you mean by hangs? Do you get an error or does it just never load the mission? Did you try to start the server with any other missions?

SoW Reddog
Jun-13-2013, 13:58
Bliss, I go to Server, and I get the server options page up. I click on "OK" bottom right, and it just sits there as if it's thinking about it. There must be a setting somewhere in the config that get's overridden by starting a server and allows me to browse servers again. Hopefully I can find it. Otherwise I'm thoroughly pee'd off tonight as my Track IR is sat in the post office till Saturday now when I can go pick it up. :(

SoW Reddog
Jun-13-2013, 14:08
Oh I am SOOOO stupid. Where's the head banging desk smilie.

Steam had decided I should be "offline". Why, I can't say, but funnily enough going "online" solved the issue.

Thanks for trying to help me out guys.

Dutch
Jun-13-2013, 14:33
Hmmmmm ... strange. Can't see why those changes would cause a problem. The only time I get "no server" messages is when I forget to connect Steam online. Are you sure you aren't just in offline mode?

Winner!!

:D

Edit: Of course, Snapper is quite correct in his post below. I once went through the entire controls menu resetting all of my HOTAS controls, convinced they'd disappeared due to an update patch. It took around an hour to get it all sorted. Then I looked down and noticed I'd left my X-box controller plugged in. So I unplugged it, then had to go back through the entire controls menu a second time to put them back the way they were to begin with. Sigh.........

ATAG_Snapper
Jun-13-2013, 15:59
Oh I am SOOOO stupid. Where's the head banging desk smilie.

Steam had decided I should be "offline". Why, I can't say, but funnily enough going "online" solved the issue.

Thanks for trying to help me out guys.

We all get caught by things equally simple, but not always immediately evident. Thanks for the update -- it may well help someone else very soon with all the new players coming on board. :thumbsup: