PDA

View Full Version : land markers for targets

Chair1
Jun-21-2013, 07:50
I can not find most targets like Lewes Train depot. It would be nice if there were land marks or pictures of areato refer to as thought the resistance had supplied markers to help guide you to the target. :grandpa:grandpa:grandpa

Dutch
Jun-21-2013, 08:04
Agree, they're hard to find these days. I suggested some time ago that important strategic targets would have barrage balloons around them to deter dive-bombing, whilst making them a lot easier to spot for both attackers and defenders.

Unfortunately the balloons caused technical problems back then, but I wonder if since the TF mod, such an idea might be practicable? Just one per target would be a big help.

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-21-2013, 08:40
Dutch: Ya know we used to fly over the targets and take photos and post em, with the proverbial arrows and pointers and such. I'll see if I can do that again with the new maps

Knucks

Dutch
Jun-21-2013, 09:31
Dutch: Ya know we used to fly over the targets and take photos and post em, with the proverbial arrows and pointers and such. I'll see if I can do that again with the new maps.

We did indeed. :D That'd be cool, too. :thumbsup:

=vit_unit=
Jun-21-2013, 10:10
Learn the map.
For example, I have no problem with finding targets where ever its are.

Do not simplify the game, please.

Roblex
Jun-21-2013, 14:16
I think I agree with Vit. I have seen too many online games ruined by being dumbed down.

On the other hand better info on *exactly* where the target is would be OK as I think that in real life bomber pilots would be told a bit more than 'Hit the fuel dump in J11.5'. They would have had pictures or at least marked maps.

I know the fuel dump at Estree caused me no end of problems for two reasons:-

1) There were (are?) two missions that mentioned taking out the fuel dump at Estree whereas only one of the missions actually had a fuel dump there
2) It is described as being in M2.5 but is on the West side of Estree airfield. The airfield is in M2.4 so anything West cannot be in M2.5!

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-21-2013, 14:37
We are with all of you as to "Dumbing down" dont want that !!! just talking about a reconnaissance photo or two !!!

Which would certainly be well with in the realm of realistic !

Dutch
Jun-21-2013, 14:46
Which would certainly be well with in the realm of realistic !

So would barrage balloons!! But never mind, woe be it for me to be accused of 'dumbing down'........:ind:

Chair1
Jun-21-2013, 21:45
I like Knukles idea of pictures of the area and target and I agree with VIT not to dumb down the game .I like it the way it is . I only get to play a couple of hours twice a week and hate to spend 30 minutes to an hour just looking for a target.
In this war there were recom planes that took photos of the tareget to help the bombers find the correct target.

III./ZG76_Saipan
Jun-21-2013, 23:08
go to lewes from the sw, youll see the train tracks into town, just follow them. target is 2-3 bldgs. in some trees. stay low, do the drop, hard left and follow the river out to the north. also, most targets are easily seen from a distance at altitude. I would be glad to send you a pm with target info if you want.

Chair1
Jun-22-2013, 07:42
go to lewes from the sw, youll see the train tracks into town, just follow them. target is 2-3 bldgs. in some trees. stay low, do the drop, hard left and follow the river out to the north. also, most targets are easily seen from a distance at altitude. I would be glad to send you a pm with target info if you want.

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-22-2013, 09:09
Saipan should know: He's bombed the crap outta that a few times:

Dutch and I were even waiting for him one day:::: he still snuck in and destroyed it: never did see him !!!

FTC_Snowy
Jun-26-2013, 17:29
Recon photos of such targets would be most helpful and certainly be consistent with reality. I'd welcome that.

Dutch
Jun-26-2013, 18:39
Recon photos of such targets would be most helpful and certainly be consistent with reality. I'd welcome that.

So would Barrage Balloons.......:P

FTC_Snowy
Jun-27-2013, 15:32
So would Barrage Balloons.......:P

Indeed

Chair1
Jul-20-2013, 09:55
I have an Idea that would help us less talented find the Target. If a video of the attack of the different targets with enough lead in to give us a sense of direction would probably help lots.:grandpa