PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to fix AI behavior?

Major Tom
Jun-24-2013, 00:53
I figure this sort of thing is hard coded and can't be fixed, but if Team Fusion could fix the AI behavior to behave a bit more realistically it would be greatly appreciated. Especially the crummy AI "flying home fat dumb and happy while I pour lead into their aircraft bug", please let the AI know the war does not end when they decide to RTB. That one really bugs me. If anybody could fix this I know Team Fusion could. If there is a fix out there I don't know about please clue me in.

E69_pupo
Jun-24-2013, 11:36
the AI gunners would be a joy to get fixed. they seem to have a bulls eye accuaracy shooting at huge deflection, but then freeze when i park at their six.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jun-24-2013, 11:44
the AI gunners would be a joy to get fixed. they seem to have a bulls eye accuaracy shooting at huge deflection, but then freeze when i park at their six.

So true.. they seem more likely to hit me when I'm doing everything possible to make it difficult... and then the miss the simplest shots...

Major Tom
Jun-24-2013, 12:58
So true.. they seem more likely to hit me when I'm doing everything possible to make it difficult... and then the miss the simplest shots... This stuff would happen in 1946 as well but was fixed in the 4.11 + patches. I love the AI behavior in 4.12 I just wish I had it in COD. It is fun to fly against the AI in 1946 now but I find myself missing the graphics and complexity of the COD models. I know one answer would be to team up with a squadron and fly online, but I work a non-traditional schedule, in other words I am on-call and have no schedule. So I am unable to fulfill any promise of time commitment to a squadron which would be unfair to them. So that is why I fly mostly offline. I am assuming that fixing the AI was possible in 1946 because Team Daidalos has access to the source code. If true, I wish Team Fusion had access to the COD source code. Maybe it would be available for a price? With a number of community members pitching in maybe we could get it? How much could it be worth now that the game has been abandoned by the devs?

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jun-24-2013, 13:01
So I am unable to fulfill any promise of time commitment to a squadron which would be unfair to them. So that is why I fly mostly offline. s?

Plenty of squads do not require specific time commitments. It's worth asking around if you see a squad you like... some are quite flexible and have people operating in various timezones.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jun-24-2013, 13:01
This stuff would happen in 1946 as well but was fixed in the 4.11 + patches. I love the AI behavior in 4.12 I just wish I had it in COD. It is fun to fly against the AI in 1946 now but I find myself missing the graphics and complexity of the COD models. I know one answer would be to team up with a squadron and fly online, but I work a non-traditional schedule, in other words I am on-call and have no schedule. So I am unable to fulfill any promise of time commitment to a squadron which would be unfair to them. So that is why I fly mostly offline. I am assuming that fixing the AI was possible in 1946 because Team Daidalos has access to the source code. If true, I wish Team Fusion had access to the COD source. Maybe it would be available for a price? With a number of community members pitching in maybe we could get it? How much could it be worth now that the game has been abandoned by the devs?

1C has clearly indicated it is not willing to release the code.

Regarding AI, yes this is an issue we would like to look at in the future. Right now, we do not have the expertise or knowledge of the game's systems to be able to change it. We'd certainly be interested in bringing onboard people who have the skills to work in this area.

Major Tom
Jun-24-2013, 13:12
Plenty of squads do not require specific time commitments. It's worth asking around if you see a squad you like... some are quite flexible and have people operating in various timezones.Ok, I will do that. I've been interested in organized online flying for some time now but figured I would have to be able to schedule some block of time to do it.

Major Tom
Jun-24-2013, 13:14
1C has clearly indicated it is not willing to release the code.

Regarding AI, yes this is an issue we would like to look at in the future. Right now, we do not have the expertise or knowledge of the game's systems to be able to change it. We'd certainly be interested in bringing onboard people who have the skills to work in this area.I know you guys have a lot on your plate fixing the game. You have already made it more enjoyable for me with the first patch, thank you. Hopefully you will get more people to team up with you then. Also, I am really looking forward to you guys fixing that visibility bug with the planes at certain distances, that looked really great and it is another issue that has bugged me about COD. In fact, I have been considering going back to flying with icons on, please save me from that.