PDA

View Full Version : Easy FPS Checking

ATAG_Freya
Jun-24-2013, 13:09
THIS IS OLD NEWS TO MOST OF YOU, but for those who don't know it and want to check your frame rates with the in-game display, there is a simpler way than having to type "fps START SHOW". Typing can kill you.
I haven't seen it posted here at ATAG in my few months hanging around, but apologize if its here already...

So - edit the file "rcu" found in your "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD" folder (the one in documents - 1c softclub) with notepad and add the following lines ---

@a aa fps START SHOW
@a ab fps HIDE STOP

This now lets you check FPS easily by just bringing up the console (shift tab), then type "aa" , then enter, then (shift tab) again. Turn it off by typing "ab" in the same fashion. EASY ! QUICK! Don't get killed typing!

This works in online or offline, in this sim and in IL46. I found this a long time ago on either Banana site or SAS 1946 ( I can't remember) but it was likely presented by one of you guys who frequent this site!
Whoever it was that came up with this -- THANKYOU X 1000 -- and all due cred goes to them!!! (please say so if you know who it was)

EDIT: Thanks to a recent post from Atag_Septic I now know the name to whom we owe a big thankyou - Grathos - http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20601

THANKYOU GRATHOS !!!
Cheers,
Freya

ATAG_Snapper
Jun-24-2013, 13:18
Very handy. Thanks for posting this, Freya! :thumbsup:

Thread "stickied" for easier reference in future.

:)

DK_
Jun-27-2013, 00:53
Thanks for the tip!

ATAG_Torian
Jun-27-2013, 03:12
Thx Freya, hadn't seen this b4.

ChiefRedCloud
Jun-27-2013, 12:40
Good stuff this Freya ..... thanks

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-27-2013, 14:05