PDA

View Full Version : The game is collapsing, after looking at bombsight Ju 88

Cassius
Jun-26-2013, 08:50
Some time ago it was ok ... But as that happens, the game collapsed after taking a look at bombsight Ju 88. I do not remember exactly when it happened, before the patch TF's for sure I stopped flying on the Ju 88. Now I tried to fly it, and got the same thing again.
The game is collapsing, only after looking at bombsight Ju 88. And He 111 fine.
I reinstalled the game, Win 7 too. Updates for Win are installed. In what could be the problem? Has anyone experienced this?

ATAG_Slipstream
Jun-26-2013, 09:31
Hi Cassius,

Yes its a well known bug, I get it too. It seems to happen me when the mouse catches a tooltip when looking into the sight or when the Secondary Controls info window is displaying text as you look into the sight.

I usually hit F10 before looking into it to disable tooltips and make sure that the info window isn't displaying displaying any text.

1lokos
Jun-26-2013, 13:44
I use hit "Look front" key before "Lean to gunsight", work too.

Sokol1

Cassius
Jun-26-2013, 17:17
We have two identical sights, at a look in one, game falls (Ju 88), at a look in other (He 111) it doesn't occur. I don't understand... All windows, chat, and info a window aren't active when I change to a place and I try to look in a sight. Мysticism...

EG14_Marcast
Jun-28-2013, 09:28
It's a bug only in Ju88. It's easily overcome in the way 1lokos wrote: when you shift to bombardier position, manage to keep the view straight forward and don't move it before to shift to the bombsight. The bug doesn't exist if you use TrackIR 5.

Cassius
Jun-28-2013, 13:46
I try that way. I use the mouse for view...Thx.
P.S.
Just checked. 1 time at the field, 2 times I can look at bombsight from 5500, then collapsed.

1lokos
Jun-28-2013, 18:33
Cassius,

From what I've tested, which cause game crash in Ju-88 bombsight is if
you point of view (POV) are not straight ahead.
Active pop-up or secondary controls (flaps, gear, etc) windows dont cause
this if I am looking straight ahead.

Look at Controls > Camera > "Reset view" what key is mapped for this event - for default is keypad "/".
And every time you need look at Ju-88 Bombsight , hit this key first.

If you joystick provide mapping software, create a button macro with "/,Shift,F1" (or what key you use to look at bombsight).

I use Joytokey (useful for another things in il-2 CloD too) to do this (Reset view and look through bombsight).

Sokol1

Cassius
Jun-29-2013, 05:16
1lokos
I have all these buttons are configured yet. I did all you said. And just now, I again checked ... And the game crashed after the first view in sight...
P.S. Once more...A little win...It works, when I use a field of view of 90 before view in sight, and only on the ground, after I went to the sea, crash come again:)

1lokos
Jul-25-2013, 00:15
Is know that this Ju-88 bombsight bug is related to camera position - in bombardier cockpit if camera are off-set from look forward view before hit "Shift+F1" the game freeze.

But some users notice that this dont happens if they are using TrackIR.

Since my TrackIR are in drawer (I dont get used with this "Epileptic" movements around center :D)
I test using NewView - a utility that emulates TrackIR movements with POV HAT and therefore uses the same .DLL.

Here the game dont freeze hitting "Shift+F1" in bombardier cockpit in whichever camera position. :thumbsup:

Sokol1