PDA

View Full Version : Friday update 28 June -WIP video made by Hawkzz

Mattias
Jun-28-2013, 09:52
:salute:

This weeks Fridays update features a really beautiful video made by Hawkzz. Its an artistic piece and not intended to showcase any particular modifications. but of course some of our recent work is clearly visible :thumbsup:

Please note that this video does not show any of the work in progress on ammunition, hit SFX and damage model (this will all be showcased in future Fridays updates)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6tgTtchfM0

Cheers/TF

Kling
Jun-28-2013, 10:21

This weeks Fridays update features a really beautiful video made by Hawkzz. Its an artistic piece and not intended to showcase any particular modifications. but of course some of our recent work is clearly visible :thumbsup:

Please note that this video does not show any of the work in progress on ammunition, hit SFX and damage model (this will all be showcased in future Fridays updates)

Cheers/TF

Awesome!!!!!!!!
May I ask, the shadows are NOT flickering at ca 01:00.. Is this something TF has looked into?? Looks awesome anyway!!!

louisv
Jun-28-2013, 10:42
You guys are too good to be true :thumbsup:

Old_Canuck
Jun-28-2013, 10:57
Oleg's vision of interactive art lives on :thumbsup:

Ekko
Jun-28-2013, 11:17
Thank you!. For your time and Work,

Basha
Jun-28-2013, 12:11
Beautiful!!:):thumbsup:

Falco
Jun-28-2013, 12:12
AWESOME:salute:

9./JG52 Ziegler
Jun-28-2013, 12:25
Wow, them sure is some purdy planes!:thumbsup: Seriously, thanks Team Fusion for these updates that keep my enthusiasm for this high with promise. Mostly just thanks for the time and efforts you guys have put into making this sim into what, IMO, it was supposed to be. I really look forward to the next patch based on these visuals.

Cassius
Jun-28-2013, 14:47
Amazing...:thumbsup:

Manoxerox
Jun-28-2013, 15:37
Bloody .ell!!! Looks fantastic!! You guys deserve our gratitude and much more!!:ilike:

ChiefRedCloud
Jun-28-2013, 15:42
Very nice ..... thanks .... :thumbsup:

III/JG53_Don
Jun-28-2013, 15:53
you guys should really work on your aiming! ;) just kidding, nice video!

Sandy1942
Jun-28-2013, 16:43
Really, beautiful effects of firing!

Catseye
Jun-28-2013, 18:27

Cheers/TF

Hi Mattias,

oopsy, missed full text:
PM sent to you.
Cats . . .

Continu0
Jun-28-2013, 19:28
Bravo!

Have you calmed down the water? I don`t see anything white in it now... And since when are the trees moving in the wind?

Kling
Jun-28-2013, 20:01
Bravo!

Have you calmed down the water? I don`t see anything white in it now... And since when are the trees moving in the wind?

They always did in Clod! Depending on the wind ;)
Even old il2 1946 had trees moving in the wind from day one.

ATAG_CrusaderOne
Jun-29-2013, 02:12
Elegantly done!

aus3620
Jun-29-2013, 04:05
nice music selection and video.
making an already graphically attractive game more so.

Dutch
Jun-29-2013, 06:04
Very nice vid. :thumbsup:

Do we see a move toward lighting more akin to the release version? The clip looks more like the original release's lighting plus a 'SweetFx' sort of thing.

Here's a few screenshots from just after release, but Jaws does this much better than me! Compare the third shot to the one in my sig, and that's the difference I mean. :D

Mattias
Jun-29-2013, 06:12
Thank you all for your kind feedback :salute:

We have been working with the water, but I think Hawkzz need to answer this question since I'm not 100% sure what WIP/mods he had loaded when shooting it :D

May I ask, the shadows are NOT flickering at ca 01:00.. Is this something TF has looked into?? Looks awesome anyway!!!

Same here -the ball is in Hawkzz corner :D

Very nice vid. :thumbsup:

Do we see a move toward lighting more akin to the release version? The clip looks more like the original release's lighting plus a 'SweetFx' sort of thing.

Here's a few screenshots from just after release, but Jaws does this much better than me!

Some of the work on light/colors are seen in the video but we are working on further improvements that we will showcase soon :thumbsup:

Cheers/m

Roblex
Jun-29-2013, 10:20
I noticed a spit setting fire to the tailplane of a 109 at one point. I have not seen that happen before, is that new or have I just been unlucky not to see it happen in the existing game? I have only seen fuel from the engine or wing-tanks burning, never fabric.

Edit: Just after 6:30 the spit hits the tailplane and you get the expected flash but then the flash seems to flare up again even though he is no longer being shot at.

Dutch
Jun-29-2013, 10:32
I noticed a spit setting fire to the tailplane of a 109 at one point. I have not seen that happen before, is that new or have I just been unlucky not to see it happen in the existing game? I have only seen fuel from the engine or wing-tanks burning, never fabric.

Edit: Just after 6:30 the spit hits the tailplane and you get the expected flash but then the flash seems to flare up again even though he is no longer being shot at.

I think i'm right in saying that this happens currently. I've noticed these mini fires when attacking 109s, and saw one or two just the other day, mainly on the ailerons. My loadout is still 50/50 AP and DeWilde, by the way.

Catseye
Jun-29-2013, 12:34
I think i'm right in saying that this happens currently. I've noticed these mini fires when attacking 109s, and saw one or two just the other day, mainly on the ailerons. My loadout is still 50/50 AP and DeWilde, by the way.

HI Dutch,
In the video I also noticed the hit flashes and thought that perhaps a mix of white tracer and dewilde were being used. On closer examination, it looks like the tracer is flashing on impact.

The only .303 round that should be flashing on impact is the deWilde round. My take on the video is that it may be been compiled by using a file version created earlier that showed ball rounds flashing on impact which is incorrect. The white tracer in COD is based on the ball round and that is probably why it is incorrectly flashing based on the adjusted impact graphics files not being removed prior to compiling the video.

I am in the middle of completing the attributes of the deWilde round and my testing shows it to be working correctly - assigning the flash to this round is the last portion for completion.

Cheers,
Cats . . .

Dutch
Jun-29-2013, 12:42
:thumbsup:

Thanks Cats. Excuse my ignorance, but I thought the 'observer' rounds also were supposed to flash on impact, isn't that why they're called 'observer' rounds, or have I been barking up the wrong tree again?

Edit: Or is it a puff of smoke in their case?

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jul-01-2013, 06:23
Edit: Or is it a puff of smoke in their case?

I think the observer rounds had a compressed powder that burst on impact. If true, it would not be a flash, but a "puff".

Hawkzz
Jul-01-2013, 06:29
The Video contains no new effects being worked on, The shadow flicker is still present just the slow mo
makes it reduced. The vid was never created for public display originally.

Thanks for kind comments.

Cheers
Hawkzz.

Kling
Jul-01-2013, 06:40
The Video contains no new effects being worked on, The shadow flicker is still present just the slow mo
makes it reduced. The vid was never created for public display originally.

Thanks for kind comments.

Cheers
Hawkzz.

Ha but then its false advertising! :)
Mattias come back here and give us a proper WIP update! :P

(intended as a joke as a lot of people here struggle to see the connection between sarcasm + smiley = jokes)

Mattias
Jul-01-2013, 07:19
Ha but then its false advertising! :)
Mattias come back here and give us a proper WIP update! :P

(intended as a joke as a lot of people here struggle to see the connection between sarcasm + smiley = jokes)

roflmao
There is WIP's in the video (either that or I'm starting seeing things :beaten:), but I think Hawkzz is referring to the fact that there is no hit effects/damage model WIP's.
Pleae correct me if I'm wrong Hawkzz :wf:

Cheers/m

KDN
Jul-01-2013, 10:20
Excellent Job, thank you.
Thank you Hawkzz for a beautifully composed video. :)