PDA

View Full Version : If you're thinking of getting DCS for the first time...

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Jun-28-2013, 17:21
If you haven't seen this video, you should watch it; it's great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn3VOukLB4k

ATAG_Snapper
Jun-28-2013, 18:47
That was an awesome video! :thumbsup:

I was laughing all through it, but mainly because I could identify with HumanVegetable. roflmao

Dutch
Jun-28-2013, 20:57
:)

Everyone who buys the A-10 should begin with this vid. Excellent! :thumbsup:

VMF214_Jupp
Aug-02-2013, 21:59
~S~
Installed it today.

Headshot
Aug-03-2013, 06:24
You look like your getting there. I have been trying to learn to fly the P51, not so many buttons but still a lot to remember. After flight training in start-up take-off and landing, my next big challenge was one on one with the p51 AI. I've spent hours against this AI and have never taken him down. I usually destroy my engine after a few minutes. Great to have a chalange but a bit to hard for my liking.

Foul Ole Ron
Aug-03-2013, 17:29
The AI can be a bit of a challenge alright in that it does know how to fly and conserve energy. If you start hauling the Mustang around too aggressively to get on his tail you'll blow chunks of energy and then he'll just climb up away from you. If you concentrate on keeping up your energy with wider curves and trying to match his maneuvers if nothing else it'll teach you how to fly the Mustang to normal and accelerated stall limits.

To protect your engine during combat maneuvers make sure that you open up both rads manually before going into the fight. The automatic setting just can't react fast enough - especially when you're pulling up into steep climbs and stall turns where the airflow over the engine is very restricted. With both rads open you should be able to keep a setting of 2700 and 50-55" going for a fairly long period of time without having to constantly having to monitor temps every 5 seconds. You can try to push the engine harder to full military power limits but with the AI it's not that necessary I've found - especially if the AI level is set to around medium.

Combat Wombat
Aug-03-2013, 17:52
just out of bed check what's happening Atag and ran across this video , well I pissed myself it was the best laugh i have had in quite a while ,thanks for the great start Headshot, And yes I've got the sim but yet to fire it.

heinzknocke
May-23-2014, 03:16
I once heard the saying in a film "YOU CAN TEACH MONKEYS TO FLY BETTER THAN THAT".I think that works here.

I downloaded this yesterday and have to agree v difficult but great fun.

Heinz

:)