PDA

View Full Version : Ju88 propeller pitch

EG14_Marcast
Jul-02-2013, 10:48
It seems to me that after the last patch 3.01 the Ju88 engine revs are much more sensitive to the propeller pitch than to the throttle command. In horizontal flight with 2/3 throttle I have to keep about 50% pitch to don't go into the red zone. All other planes are not so sensitive. Is it an historical feature?

ATAG_Colander
Jul-02-2013, 11:54
This one is for the FM guys to answer.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jul-03-2013, 15:15
It seems to me that after the last patch 3.01 the Ju88 engine revs are much more sensitive to the propeller pitch than to the throttle command. In horizontal flight with 2/3 throttle I have to keep about 50% pitch to don't go into the red zone. All other planes are not so sensitive. Is it an historical feature?

The original game's Ju-88 prop pitch system was incorrectly modelled as a constant speed. We had to redo the prop to a variable pitch system to line up with the historical installation. Ivank spent a lot of time on this, and encountered a lot of difficulty in getting it to a decent level of functionality the current incarnation. We feel it is as close as we can get at the moment, although we may re-visit it at some later date if our knowledge of the code improves to the point we can re-write the prop management code and improve performance. But it is down on the list of priorities.

EG14_Marcast
Jul-04-2013, 03:47
.......we may re-visit it at some later date if our knowledge of the code improves to the point we can re-write the prop management code and improve performance. But it is down on the list of priorities.

I guess so. Thanks for the answer, and above all thanks for your commitment to improve the game.

Kling
Jul-04-2013, 05:16
The original game's Ju-88 prop pitch system was incorrectly modelled as a constant speed. We had to redo the prop to a variable pitch system to line up with the historical installation. Ivank spent a lot of time on this, and encountered a lot of difficulty in getting it to a decent level of functionality the current incarnation. We feel it is as close as we can get at the moment, although we may re-visit it at some later date if our knowledge of the code improves to the point we can re-write the prop management code and improve performance. But it is down on the list of priorities.

Good reply!