PDA

View Full Version : world of warplanes

III./ZG76_Saipan
Jul-02-2013, 14:01
http://www.pcgamer.com/gallery/world-of-warplanes-trailer-and-screenshots-take-off-ahead-of-open-beta/wowp6/

looks great but I will assume its an arcade game. they don't even show cockpit view, never a good sign

gorman
Jul-02-2013, 17:59
Just like it had been mentioned here on forum in the past, War of Warplanes is arcade and I mean arcade all the way. They do not show a cockpit view because there isn't one and I believe that the graphics presented on the trailer do not match the actual thing. The game of the "less-hardcore sim" niche, that is more worth mentioning is in my opinion beta of MMO War Thunder. It has variable realism settings where the one labeled with "full real" is closer to our standards with cockpit view only etc. and it uses Wings of Prey FM and DM which in turn was adopted from original Il-2 i think, but I'm not sure. I have tried it but didn't like the pay-to-unlock-aircraft system and small amount of full real players thus long waiting times.

palker
Jul-03-2013, 03:45
I got a closed beta invite and i was disappointed. The game would be quite fun to play but there is one glaring issue that cannot be overlooked. And that is that your controls input has to be verified by the server before the aircraft will move, so dependent on the server location there is always some amount of input lag and that was a deal breaker for me.