PDA

View Full Version : Skins from planes

Little_D
Jul-04-2013, 09:24
hi gents,

first i have to say, i like the different skins on the 109 typs. with this you can easy see what 109 typ fly close to you.
what makes me wonder is, wy only 109ner typs have different skin and spit/hurri dont have different skin, so you can see against what type of plane you are fighting with and adjust your tactic?

when i know like red pilots know, with what type of 109 i fight i can adjust my tactics.

regards

Little_D

III./ZG76_Keller
Jul-04-2013, 13:18
Different skins on the 109s is a not so perfect way to add some variety to the game, you shouldn't really be able to tell the make of 109 by the paint scheme. Paint styles were more of a Jagdgeschwader variation, so you may have seen an E3 painted the same as an E4 if they were both planes belonging to JG53. Hopefully we'll be able to choose our skins based on Jagdgeschwader and not plane model some day.

RAF paint was far more standardized than the Luftwaffe.

E69_pupo
Jul-05-2013, 05:35
spit Ia and spit IIa have different skins, havent checked the others, but then again they are seldom used used online, and according to this boards they didnt play that much of a roll in BoB either.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Jul-05-2013, 05:52
Yep what Keller said.

My 109's are all same skin/paint job (for the staffel) regardless of type. The canope is different on e4 varient but you can't really see that until very close.