PDA

View Full Version : multiplayer in BoS

Little_D
Jul-05-2013, 12:20
Hi gents,

from the new update 05.07.2013, about the multiplayer:

We've got big plans for this game mode. We have vast experience in creating exciting systems allowing players to not only to fly together, but feel themselves as a part of a huge and live world too. We know that it's what most of you want. However we're unable to achieve that now and we hope to get to it if game launches successfully. Anyways, not to do something at launch does not mean to do nothing at all.

We're developing multiplayer missions. All servers will be created and maintained by players. To launch a server you'll need to download and install a special piece of software that runs dedicated servers. To play in multiplayer you'll only need to find a server in the game's interface and join it. The Full Mission Editor will allow you to create complicated online scenarios of your own, add scripted events and scenes, or you can simply play dogfight missions.

All servers are divided into two classes:

1) Global statistics ON
2) Global statistics OFF

If a server was created with global stats turned on then all the match results will affect your profile; if not - your stats won't be influenced by your combat performance. If the server is open for global statistics then the player will only be allowed to use the skins that they've unlocked playing the Historical campaign.

With global stats on or off, you'll be using only the planes and mods that you've obtained by purchasing the game or have unlocked by playing the Historical campaign (game SKUs and pricing will be described later)

For the stats to be counted, the server must fit one of the difficulty presets: Normal and Hard. If the server's owner does not want the stats to be counted (or the server has been created for a specific event) then setting can be changed in any possible way.

did i understud this right?

1. we have to wait a little bit longer to play multiplayer, when the game comes out?
2. if i want to have other wepons/bombs or skins i have to pay for it or play this !$@&%/ online-singleplayer-campaign?

regards

Little_D

Dutch
Jul-05-2013, 15:56
Who knows mate? That entire post was so full of contradictions it raised more questions than it answered. And now it seems there is confusion as to whether 'unlockable' content will be available for purchase.

Very confusing, but we'll find out in about a year I suppose. :thumbsup: