PDA

View Full Version : New recruit

Doc Fontaine
Jul-11-2013, 06:55
Morning chaps. I've just joined ATAG so I thought I'd popped my head around the door so-to-speak and say hello. Hopefully I'll be in the air with you all soon enough; I got CoD just yesterday so it's going to take me a few days to get the hang of flying to a standard that isn't going to get me shot up by a preying 109.

I'm glad to see the group's still going, I've seen plenty of ATAG videos on YouTube but the general consensus on there was that most of the multiplayer for CoD had died out. Looks like they were wrong.

Dutch
Jul-11-2013, 07:13
Hello mate. Welcome to the forum. :D

'Cliffs of your home town' is still very much alive and well. Be sure to download the Team Fusion mods from here; http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100

Then take a gander at the Team Fusion Wiki in the header bar of the forum. Pick your chosen steed and follow the guide. Also downloading Teamspeak, and jumping on the server for some assistance will help with the learning curve immensely. :thumbsup:

Doc Fontaine
Jul-11-2013, 12:51
Oh don't worry, I downloaded the TF mod before I even started the game up :thumbsup: Haven't seen any combat yet though; I've just spent all afternoon going through the training over and over again. The Tiger Moth was fine but the moment they put me in that Hurricane things got tough... Took me ages to suss the engine out, then taxiing. Taking off is a doddle but my landing definitely needs work; it's a lot better for the pilot and aircraft both when it doesn't career off the end of the runway at 130mph into a bumpy cornfield.

Dutch
Jul-11-2013, 13:16
Get into the circuit, throttle off, slight back pressure on the stick, gear down at 180mph, fine pitch, add up trim to keep level until your speed drops to 140, lower flaps, turn in, keep adding up trim, trickle of power, check her a couple of times to knock off a bit more speed, flare, hold her on the flare, throttle off, and she floats down like a leaf, landing at 75-80mph. :thumbsup:

Just landed a Spit I 100oct at 65mph at Ramsgate online using this sort of technique. :D

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-11-2013, 13:28
Get into the circuit, throttle off, slight back pressure on the stick, gear down at 180mph, fine pitch, add up trim to keep level until your speed drops to 140, lower flaps, turn in, keep adding up trim, trickle of power, check her a couple of times to knock off a bit more speed, flare, hold her on the flare, throttle off, and she floats down like a leaf, landing at 75-80mph. :thumbsup:

Just landed a Spit I 100oct at 65mph at Ramsgate online using this sort of technique. :D

Boompsie daisy........ :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVKPS5aPvOc&sns=em

Welcome to the forum and Cliffs of Dover, Doc Fontaine. Looking forward to meeting you online very soon, I hope!

Snapper :salute:

DRock
Jul-11-2013, 13:29
Welcome, Doc.

Cheers,
ATAG_DRock

Dutch
Jul-11-2013, 13:33
Boompsie daisy........ :)

Yeah, I know, I've seen you do it mate. :D

ATAG_JTDawg
Jul-11-2013, 14:55
Welcome m8 :thumbsup:

Old_Canuck
Jul-11-2013, 15:22
Welcome :salute:

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-11-2013, 16:15
Yeah, I know, I've seen you do it mate. :D

Hey, I've walked away from every landing I've ever made in Clod. Especially when my wife is calling me to dinner! LOL

ATAG_Colander
Jul-11-2013, 16:21
Hey, I've walked away from every landing I've ever made in Clod

So that's the 2 times you where not shot down :)

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-11-2013, 16:25
So that's the 2 times you where not shot down :)

Geez, you guys are tag teaming me here! Hey, anybody who makes it back from a mission in an undamaged aircraft is definitely not trying hard enough! :-P

Dutch
Jul-11-2013, 16:43
Hey, anybody who makes it back from a mission in an undamaged aircraft is definitely not trying hard enough! :-P

The aforementioned landing at 65mph was undertaken following a very memorable excursion over Dunkirk, solo. It was very dark, the sun was going down, and those inconsiderate and not to say pesky Stukas and G.50s and 109s were all flying close to the deck so's we couldn't see 'em. I wasted loads of ammo firing at flak bursts............

For a while there were three Spits circling eachother over Dunkirk harbour, wondering which of us were attracting all the flak. :D

In spite of these terribly adverse circumstances, I finished off two Stukas and a G.50, all shared kills with the other two blokes, then after my ammo had gone, had a fantastic chase with a chap in a G.50, but I had empty guns. I was trying to force him into a pilot error, but he didn't succumb. He was a great pilot, but I can't remember his name. RollingStoned may bear me out here. When I saw that there were only a few minutes left before the end of the mission, I buzzed off back to Ramsgate at 'full tilt boogie mama' settings, and landed undamaged.

You were saying.......???? :D

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-11-2013, 17:56
Wow, sounds like that was a helluva mission, mate! :thumbsup:

Of late I've been favouring the Spitfire 1a 100 octane for its slightly extra pep over its 2a counterpart under 15 angels. Monday night I was flying at 30 angels with three other Spits, and DRock gave me a quick demonstration of the 2a's superiority over the 1a 100 octane in contrail country by literally flying barrel rolls over me. Very convincing. Luckily I picked up some bullet holes on a missed pass on a He111 so I could prove my efforts upon landing......

:-P

ChiefRedCloud
Jul-11-2013, 20:55
Welcome to the fray .....

http://imageshack.us/a/img443/8789/willeyspitwelcome.png