PDA

View Full Version : High Altitude dogfight mission

Basha
Jul-15-2013, 13:57
Hi all, just putting the notion out there of having a high altitude air start DF mission in the rotation on server 1 or 2 for a bit of fun, very little DF is done at the alts that BoB was fought at and i for one would love to give it go, cant help with scripting it up tho :(...

thought and suggestions please :thumbsup:

Continu0
Jul-15-2013, 14:53
Well, what are you flying? Blue or Red? I Fly blue and i am often at 6000m and above. You have to be patient up there, but fights are way more intense when they occur.

I am against air start because of the realism. But putting up AI bombers at 6000+ helps a lot! This has already be done.

Roblex
Jul-15-2013, 15:11
Perhaps it is as simple as taking away the 110s & 109Bs and long fuses then giving the Ju88s and 111s a 6000m airstart. Or how about devastating ack up to 4000m?

There was talk of a mission that was won by dropping a certain tonnage on specified airfields so inaccurate high level bombing would not be such an issue.

ATAG_EvangelusE
Jul-15-2013, 19:11
Sounds a good idea! No objection to air starts either as a one off mission in the server rotation.

No.54 Ghost (KL-G)
Jul-16-2013, 09:02
bombers would have to attack strategic objects and go further inland over england if you want more planes up there.
also larger formations would be necessary.
a single hurry/spit can down the 5 bombers we have on most maps, and right now its just a race to get to them first before they are killed.

III./ZG76_Saipan
Jul-16-2013, 11:00
I thought at one point salmo was working on something about % damage to airfields that would knock them out or act as a mission objective...any news on that?

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jul-16-2013, 11:47
I thought at one point salmo was working on something about % damage to airfields that would knock them out or act as a mission objective...any news on that?

You're right he was.
His mission though seemed to run into the de-spawn bug where the AI aircraft just would not disappear after returning home. I flew over Calais to see around 300 bombers going around i circles at low altitude. Slideshow.

The above is the main issue with AI bomber raids. Apparently they don't de-spawn like they used to in IL2. As the maps progress more and more of them just stack up, slowly killing the server and player GPUs.