PDA

View Full Version : Contact ex CLOD users via Steam?!

Kling
Jul-22-2013, 10:46
Many people have once downloaded Clod when it initially came out and immediately decided to not continue playing it.

Reading the other thread about how to attract new players it struck me that maybe there is some way via Steam to see which users have once downloaded Clod.
If this is the case, is it possible to contact these players via private message or email?
One could send a preedited message/email to these players and
Include som links to recently made videos on youtube and also a link to the team fusiom forum on the ATAG website and encourage these guys to once again have a look at the game.

Would this work?!

Best regards
ATAG_Kling

ATAG_Lewis
Jul-22-2013, 10:49
Sounds like a great idea to me Kling....If someone susses it out I don't mind trolling the PMs and sending them..I have time to do that at the moment...

Good thinking

...lew...

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jul-22-2013, 14:32
If I may make a suggestion:

Better to wait to contact ex-CoD users until we are ready to put out the 2nd Release and we have promo videos with the new features in place.

Thanks Buzzsaw :salute:

Kling
Jul-22-2013, 15:04
If I may make a suggestion:

Better to wait to contact ex-CoD users until we are ready to put out the 2nd Release and we have promo videos with the new features in place.

Thanks Buzzsaw :salute:

Sounds like a great idea!!

Do you know Buzzaw if its even possible to see which Steam users have downloaded CLOD in the past?

ATAG_Lewis
Jul-22-2013, 16:45
Rgrt Buzz....We need to make sure it can be done.....Is there a way to find them?

Mattias
Jul-22-2013, 17:11
Great idea!
I must say I'm very happy to see threads like this and the "How Can We Get More People to Play Clod?" All of you who create and contribute to threads like this are really what will keep this great sim alive :party2:

Dutch
Jul-22-2013, 17:43
is it possible to contact these players via private message or email?

I don't know Kling me old chum, and it was a bit of a revelation to me when this came up in conversation the other day. I've always thought of Steam as a necessary evil, something that has to be there for me to play the game. I've never even looked at the 'community' tab in Steam, until Sokol pointed it out the other day. More fool me, it would appear. I'll see if I can suss out what can and can't be done, but not tonight. Too many beers, just for a change......:D

Kling
Jul-22-2013, 17:54
I don't know Kling me old chum, and it was a bit of a revelation to me when this came up in conversation the other day. I've always thought of Steam as a necessary evil, something that has to be there for me to play the game. I've never even looked at the 'community' tab in Steam, until Sokol pointed it out the other day. More fool me, it would appear. I'll see if I can suss out what can and can't be done, but not tonight. Too many beers, just for a change......:D

Hahaha sounds like ure having a great night!!
I would happily check myself but im on vacation and far from Steam atm...

ATAG_Colander
Jul-22-2013, 19:17
I'm sorry to bring this up but...

Even if you manage to obtain a list of nicks, How do you plan to obtain the emails?

Dutch
Jul-22-2013, 19:29
I'm sorry to bring this up but...

Even if you manage to obtain a list of nicks, How do you plan to obtain the emails?

I'm sure our friendly neighbourhood Kling (on) meant contacting them by pm via Steam. E-mails don't really enter into it. Or 'ennerinuit' if you say it quickly. I should go to bed.......

Artist
Jul-23-2013, 03:24
The Team Fusion Bugtracker (http://tfbt.nuvturais.de) (aka IL2bugtracker) has some 600 registered (albeit rather inactive :-( ) users, which will be notified and asked for cooperation the moment the next patch is out.

Artist

Kling
Jul-23-2013, 03:38
The Team Fusion Bugtracker (http://tfbt.nuvturais.de) (aka IL2bugtracker) has some 600 registered (albeit rather inactive :-( ) users, which will be notified and asked for cooperation the moment the next patch is out.

Artist

Thats a great start!!!
Let me know if you need help to contact these people. Im sure Lewis and I could take 200 each and email them.
But as buzzaw said, we need to wait for the next set of videos that TF will release...

@ Colander, I have no idea how Steam is coded, maybe its registred somewhere which users have downloaded Clod once in their past. If there would be anyway to contact these it would be great!

@Dutch, go to bed haha! :) :)

Artist
Jul-23-2013, 06:52
Thats a great start!!!
Let me know if you need help to contact these people. Im sure Lewis and I could take 200 each and email them.Thanks for the offer, but that's no problem at all: the bugtracker is a redmine server, so contacting the registered members is easy. The moment I have the official announcment for the next patch, the bugtracker will inform its members.
Artist

Kling
Jul-23-2013, 08:40
Thanks for the offer, but that's no problem at all: the bugtracker is a redmine server, so contacting the registered members is easy. The moment I have the official announcment for the next patch, the bugtracker will inform its members.
Artist

Perfect!!
So, has anyon figured out a way to contact Clod steam users?!

Hessle
Jul-30-2013, 06:41
Dont Forget that many people want a solid SP experience, CLOD cannot provide this without using workarounds/tweaks, the coop against AI (that most people like to train on) is FUBAR.