PDA

View Full Version : Blenheim bombing?

jlan5031
Jul-22-2013, 11:45
I've been searching web after web trying to figure out how I can get the Blenheim bombing commands to work. I can't figure out how to make it work. I've tried all the solutions I found without success. Given my computer skill level, I need some clear, specific, directions.
The following are the keys I have bound and left those I haven't bound blank. I'd like to know if I've missed anything and/or what others have done to be successful.
Toggle Bomb Bay Doors=
Close Bomb Bay Doors=F
Open Bomb Bay Doors=D
Toggle impeller=
Close impeller=
Extend impeller=
Drop Ordinance(Bombs)=Joy Stick 2+Key 2
Toggle Bombsight Automation=B
Toggle Bombs Armed=Shift
Toggle Bomb Distributor Short Delay through Safely Jettison Bombs=
Bombay Doors= Joy Stick 2+Key 3

I hope some kind heart will take the time to help me.
Thanks

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jul-22-2013, 12:08
Blenheim bomb bay doors are automatic.

The only key you need is "drop ordnance".

If you're having trouble, it's more likely that either;
1. You do not have a working load-out selected, or
2. Bombs are not arming.

Meaks
Jul-22-2013, 13:21
Your not flying 'Single Player,are you?.........because if you are,it won't work either,it just does'nt allow you to load any ordnance,you have to fly either,FMB or Multiplayer,excuse me if I'm wrong but I think this is correct.

Roblex
Jul-22-2013, 13:23
To elaborate on what Pstyle said:-

Unlike the LW aircraft, you do not need to 'arm' the bombs before dropping them. It is automatic but I believe there might be a minimum amount of air time before they arm. Skip bombing is OK because they usually spend long enough travelling horizontally but I think that if you dive bomb from too low it might fail to arm before impact. I have also had bombs fail to work when skip bombing when I have dropped very late but still so low that they could not have bounced over. Someone correct me if I am wrong!

The bomb doors are spring loaded so as soon as the bomb drops it pushes open the doors then closes again.

Possible causes of failure:-

You are flying offline and the mission does not have bombs loaded. The Blenheim free flight mission is unarmed I think.
You are offline and have been using Autopilot and it decided to drop them earlier in the flight without you realising. There is no sound or message to confirm the bombs dropped.
They are all dropping and exploding but so far away from the target that you are not seeing them :D

Two ways to check what is happening are
1) offline fly in external view and press the drop bombs key and watch for the bombs dropping
2) Go online, load up with small bombs and short fuses, take off and fly back over the airfield at 1000ft then drop and immediately put it into a climbing turn and watch for the explosions from the cockpit or rear gunner position. Don't do this on an active airfield :D

1lokos
Jul-22-2013, 13:31
Blenheim
2. Bombs are not arming.

Notice this "arming" mean that bombs need some time in "flight" to arm themselves.

Ie, if you drop bombs with plane on runway they dont explode - no time for fuse arming.

In other words, in Blenheim no manual key/button is need to arm bombs. Just drop them. :thumbsup:

To put bombs in Blenheim in Quick Mission "Cross Country" read here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4625&p=46939&viewfull=1#post46939

Once you use bombs one time the game remember the selected loadout.

BTW - A usefull read for start with Blenheim - Roblex guide: http://steamcommunity.com/app/63950

Sokol1

jlan5031
Jul-22-2013, 17:19
MY VERY GREAT THANKS TO YOU ALL!!!, You're right; I am flying solo. I got the cross country to load, dropped the bombs, and watched them explode.
It'll be awhile before I fly online. I need to improve my skills. Besides, I line in western Nevada, and most of you seem to hover around GMT.
My thanks again

Dutch
Jul-22-2013, 17:50
Besides, I line in western Nevada, and most of you seem to hover around GMT.
My thanks again

Not so mate. Try to hook up with Snarglepuss or ATAG_Knuckles. Knuckles is definately in Arizona, and I think Snarglepuss is......erm, well, he's got an accent that isn't native to this side of the pond, at any rate.

(Sorry Snargle, I don't know where you live. How can that be, after all this time.......?????)

:D

DUI
Jul-23-2013, 04:12
It'll be awhile before I fly online. I need to improve my skills.
Do not wait to long until you start flying online. In my opinion it is the right time as soon as you are able to get and keep the plane in the air. As you probably will not fly alone for too long and will have an experienced Blenheim pilot with you in some sorties this is the fastest and most enjoyable way to get to learn about every detail.
And Blenheim pilots are especially welcomed - even more welcomed if they do not destroy every target in one run (now talking as a Luftwaffe pilot)... :wf:

ATAG_Snarglepuss
Jul-25-2013, 13:12
Not so mate. Try to hook up with Snarglepuss or ATAG_Knuckles. Knuckles is definately in Arizona, and I think Snarglepuss is......erm, well, he's got an accent that isn't native to this side of the pond, at any rate.

(Sorry Snargle, I don't know where you live. How can that be, after all this time.......?????)

:D

Canadians (of the western sort) don't have accents.:D:D

Royraiden
Jul-25-2013, 13:58
Canadians (of the western sort) don't have accents.:D:D

This guy will have you doing impossible things on a Blenheim.Yesterday he managed to get on my six, I stayed in shock and almost got shot down by a Spit.He flies that bomber like a mad man , but he's great at it.IF I remember correctly one of my squad mates was chasing him at sea level and got blown up by a bomb dropped by Snarglepuss Blenny on the water( on purpose).So salute to you sir Snargle.:salute:

ATAG_Bliss
Jul-25-2013, 14:09
This guy will have you doing impossible things on a Blenheim.Yesterday he managed to get on my six, I stayed in shock and almost got shot down by a Spit.He flies that bomber like a mad man , but he's great at it.IF I remember correctly one of my squad mates was chasing him at sea level and got blown up by a bomb dropped by Snarglepuss Blenny on the water( on purpose).So salute to you sir Snargle.

Just wait till Snargle gets some cannons in his Blenny :D

jlan5031
Jul-27-2013, 18:26
ATAG Online sounds like it might be fun, but it'll be awhile before I get there.
Right now I can't get the bomb delay settings to work. The load out screens all say the setting changes are in effect, but the bombs continue to explode immediately upon impact. I've noted the following; the bombs are toggled; the screen immediately freezes for a couple of second; then it restarts; the bombs explode, and generally take me with them. Ive tried several fuse settings and bomb weights. Any ideas?

Wisey
Jul-27-2013, 20:04
ATAG Online sounds like it might be fun, but it'll be awhile before I get there.
Right now I can't get the bomb delay settings to work. The load out screens all say the setting changes are in effect, but the bombs continue to explode immediately upon impact. I've noted the following; the bombs are toggled; the screen immediately freezes for a couple of second; then it restarts; the bombs explode, and generally take me with them. Ive tried several fuse settings and bomb weights. Any ideas?

Just do it mate. I wish I had done months ago. The guys are great and you will start learning so much.:thumbsup:

jlan5031
Jul-29-2013, 13:01
I am no a believer. While reading all I could find about bombing in the Blenheim, I have to confess I ignored all the answers that stated it wasn't possible in Quick Missions. I thought it would have been fixed. Now I believe it. Just ignore my whines, and, again, thanks for the help.

1lokos
Jul-30-2013, 00:18
You read this?

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4625&p=46939&viewfull=1#post46939

Or you just dont believed... :)

Sokol1