PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire mkIIb, a quick question.

indyscout
Jul-25-2013, 03:51
Hey all, Indy here with a quick question, mainly directed at the TF guys but anyone can answer. So I am currently working on making a model of the spit mkIIb, though I have encountered a small problem, where on the wings to put the cannons? At this point I am just eyeballing it based off of pictures, but I was wondering of any of you had any official info :D.

The model is nearly done, though I may redo the control surfaces.
-Indy

Salmo
Jul-25-2013, 05:12
Hey all, Indy here with a quick question, mainly directed at the TF guys but anyone can answer. So I am currently working on making a model of the spit mkIIb, though I have encountered a small problem, where on the wings to put the cannons? At this point I am just eyeballing it based off of pictures, but I was wondering of any of you had any official info :D.

-Indy

I believe the Spitfire-B wing had four .303 in (7.7 mm) machine guns and two 20 mm (.79 in) Hispano cannon. If this plan is a guide, then it looks like the hispano's were inboard of the .303's.
http://www.aviation.technomuses.ca/assets/images/aircraft_3vues/SupermarineSpitfireMkIIB.png

Mattias
Jul-25-2013, 07:44

-Indy

Sounds exciting! Please post a screenshot of it here when your done :thumbsup:

Cheers/m

indyscout
Jul-27-2013, 04:47
alright guys, I am looking for opinions here, just tell me if all of this looks decent.
Tail:
Had some issues with the tail at first, but I think I have them sorted out, does it look good?
Cannon:
I was unsure of the geometry of the cannon, as on different models the cannons are shaped slightly differently it would seem, not sure if i got it right, so this will be just place holder for now.
Engine:
Similarly to the tail, I had issues with some placement and such, just wanted some opinions

Just need some input before I (try) to edit the UV maps.
I am going to attempt to texture this model, but it may not be up to par, so I may have to ask one of you TF guys to help me out with that :D