PDA

View Full Version : Hi There

Greywing
Jul-26-2013, 04:50
Hi,

So I'm new. But I've made a couple of posts already.

I'm Greywing (Stewart) I'm in Hobart Tasmania down under. ChiefRedCloud pointed me here and encouraged me to get CoD. I have and I'm pretty happy so far. I've been flying offline trying to sort out some sort of basic control setup going.

I'm looking forward to getting on line in the next week or so (I wont have much flying time until then). Looking forward to meeting you guys in the air and helping you add to your stats and hopefully learning.

Cheers

Greywing

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jul-26-2013, 06:08
Welcome along mate.

There's a few aussie (and kiwis like me) guys floating around in Cliffs of Dover, listen out for them..

Feel free to shout out if you need help with anything.

Salmo
Jul-26-2013, 07:15
Hi,

So I'm new. But I've made a couple of posts already.

I'm Greywing (Stewart) I'm in Hobart Tasmania down under. ChiefRedCloud pointed me here and encouraged me to get CoD. I have and I'm pretty happy so far. I've been flying offline trying to sort out some sort of basic control setup going.

I'm looking forward to getting on line in the next week or so (I wont have much flying time until then). Looking forward to meeting you guys in the air and helping you add to your stats and hopefully learning.

Cheers

Greywing
It must be cold down there at 42 degrees south. Hey, wait a minute, Hobart, that's where I live! Welcome mate. Hope to catch you in the skies & a PStyle sais, don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it.

ATAG_Torian
Jul-26-2013, 07:54
G'day Greywing, welcome to the forum.
I'm up in the top end 700k east of Darwin. Like the guys have said, there are quite a few of us from New Zulland and Oz flying so make sure u get on Teamspeak.
Torian

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jul-26-2013, 08:27
there are quite a few of us from New Zulland ...

I think you'll find it's "Nah Zillund"

Greywing
Jul-26-2013, 17:17
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Nice to meet some fellow southern hemisphere dwellers. I will certainly shout out for help when I need it.

Hey Salmo amazingly small world. I didn't expect to meet a fellow Hobartian. I hope we can fly together some time.

How about now.

What FPS should I be shooting for in game for online play?
With full graphics level and my controls (Saitek X52 and CH Pro Pedals) going yesterday it was running up to about 30ish max with lows around 15-18. That was Free flight over land no other planes. Too low I think. And I still have to add my TIR. With minimum settings it runs between 50 and 60fps. I fiddled this morning with no peripherals setup its running between 40 and 50 with a few other planes in the sky. Most things set to high. I need to set up my full rig this afternoon and play some more.

Which graphic settings have the biggest cpu impact?
And which ones will save me cpu without running the visuals down too much?

I'm running an Alienware M17XR4 Laptop. 2.7GHz 16 GB RAM with an NVIDIA GTX675M.
My TIR setup is FaceTrackNoIR point model and a TrackClip Pro.
CoD is the first title that has made it sweat.

Cheers

Greywing

Salmo
Jul-27-2013, 05:14
What FPS should I be shooting for in game for online play?

* Pings to the USA are about 300. To the UK it's about 350.
* FPS will very much depend upon your system specs. Anything over 30fps is good.

Which graphic settings have the biggest cpu impact?
Everything turned up max. max landscape, etc. Turn it all up & see what fps you get. If needed turn down some eye-cnady graphics such as grass or extra buildings. Personally, I leave trees ON.

ATAG_JTDawg
Jul-27-2013, 08:33
Hello , also make sure mirror is off , don't work an will cost you 10 fps. the biggest frame rate killers are shadows an grass. the game was made to run things on med. without to much of a fps hit .. you need roads on or you won't see grass air fields, I keep trees on med all else high :thumbsup:

ATAG_Torian
Jul-27-2013, 21:40
+1 to what jtDawg said especially the shadows, they r are real fps sucker. Vertical sync off can give u better fps too provided u dont mind a bit of screen tearing. Make sure the epilepsy filter and ssao are both unticked too.

Greywing
Jul-28-2013, 21:24
Thanks Guys,

I'll run it all up to max and start pulling out some stuff beginning with shadows and grass. I already have the Epilepsy filter and SSAO off.

Cheers

GW