PDA

View Full Version : Wow, you guys made me reinstall CLOD

Cowboy10uk
Jul-27-2013, 08:21
Hi guys, first of all, can I congratulate the entire team who made this mod, what a stunning difference it has made to CLOD, for the first time since I got the sim, I Can finally see the absolutely stunning potential that is hidden just below the surface.

I cannot believe just what a difference this mod has made to a sim that was in such a state. It runs well, looks stunning and I am actually smiling while flying it. Thank you I honestly thought CLOD had crashed and burned.

I don't know if their are any plans to continue this amazing work but I certainly hope there are.

May I ask a questions though from those of you who have been using this a while. Now CLOD is an enjoyable sim, I would like to start a campaign, however the campaign that has been implemented into CLOD, is pretty dire to say the least. Are their any Addons / mods out there that will provide me with a proper campaign for a Battle of Britain pilot?

I don't really like doing single missions that are disjointed rather I want to take a pilot from new, and see if I can survive the campaign.

Thank you for reading my post, and please keep up this amazing work.

Cowboy10uk

bolox
Jul-27-2013, 08:29
http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/downloads/viewdownload/4-offline-campaigns/481-redux-raf-campaign
should hopefully meet your needs:D (and when you've finished that try the Luftwaffe version)

I don't know if their are any plans to continue this amazing work but I certainly hope there are

work continues, hopefully we will continue to amaze you

ATAG_JTDawg
Jul-27-2013, 08:39
:thumbsup: Team fusion is steady working to improve the game , there is also a Friday updates page to show WIPS ETC. :thumbsup:

Kling
Jul-27-2013, 09:05
Hi guys, first of all, can I congratulate the entire team who made this mod, what a stunning difference it has made to CLOD, for the first time since I got the sim, I Can finally see the absolutely stunning potential that is hidden just below the surface.

I cannot believe just what a difference this mod has made to a sim that was in such a state. It runs well, looks stunning and I am actually smiling while flying it. Thank you I honestly thought CLOD had crashed and burned.

I don't know if their are any plans to continue this amazing work but I certainly hope there are.

May I ask a questions though from those of you who have been using this a while. Now CLOD is an enjoyable sim, I would like to start a campaign, however the campaign that has been implemented into CLOD, is pretty dire to say the least. Are their any Addons / mods out there that will provide me with a proper campaign for a Battle of Britain pilot?

I don't really like doing single missions that are disjointed rather I want to take a pilot from new, and see if I can survive the campaign.

Thank you for reading my post, and please keep up this amazing work.

Cowboy10uk

Nice to see you back Cowboy!!

We are desperately trying to reach out to people like you, who once tried CLOD and were deeply disappointed and uninstalled it.

May I ask how you found your way back here and how you found out about Team Fusion?!
Hope to be seeing you online soon too!

Ps.. spread the word!! ;)

ATAG_Lewis
Jul-27-2013, 10:14
May I ask how you found your way back here and how you found out about Team Fusion?!

Thats exactly what I was ging to ask...lol

Welcome Cowboy to the site and the community...

Have you installed the Team Fusion patch too?....

'Wow, you guys made me reinstall CLOD'.......How did we do that?......At the moment we are trying to reach out to folks just like you that initially bought CLOD and were instantly put off by the gliches and problems on release....that do not exist now due to the patches...Its a shame that so many folks out there do not realise that the game is totally different now...We know that if we can get them to re-install CLOD they will have something more like the WWII flight sim they wanted in the first place...

Thanks

...lew...

ATAG_Lewis
Jul-27-2013, 10:20
repeat post

Cowboy10uk
Jul-27-2013, 11:18
Thanks for the warm welcome and the link to the campaign Bolox.

As to how I found you, it's a fairly long story. I first heard of this project, while reading a thread on the DCS Forums, which got my interest. I then followed a link on there which linked to the review on SimHQ.

After that I will admit, I didn't get round to downloading due to work commitments, but the other day it was being spoken about on DCS again after the announcement that Luther and the team are developing the new ww2 modules. That lead me to visit your site and get it downloaded at last.

Wow I can't believe I left it this long. I followed CLOD from the start and dreamed about what it could bring. Sadly as we know the truth didn't really deliver, and CLOD just sat in its limited edition box and I never looked at it again, until now.

I have only installed the mod, so I guess I better get the patch done as well. I can't wait to see what else you guys manage to get this program doing. I'm actually quite excited to start flying it again. Exactly how I felt prior to release, and for that I have you guys to thanks.

You can rest assured, I will certainly be letting all my mates who bought CLOD about this. Although I'm not sure how many will believe me just how much of a difference it makes.

Cowboy10uk

ATAG_Ribbs
Jul-27-2013, 11:31
Great to see you made your way back ! :salute:

You don't need to 'patch anything' just install a vanilla copy of CLOD. Steam will bring it up to the current version, and then add the TF Mod 3.0. There is also a small Hot Fix that you need 3.01. Thats it! Run the game once... graphics will look a little weird at first. shut it down and restart it, and everything should be set! :)