PDA

View Full Version : Forum Migration

ATAG_Bliss
Jul-30-2013, 21:04
Hi everyone,

I'm sure a lot of people are getting frustrated with the forums the last few days. I know we sure are. Our hosting provider "Go Daddy" has another user on the same shared service as us that is essentially eating all the memory up on the partitioned part of the shared service we use. We even went so far to find another forum using our same shared service, just to find it is acting just like ours.

Go Daddy 1st tried to say we were the one's causing the issue (which we aren't) then when shown proof of the resources used by another user etc., they said they would need to run some tests for 7-14 days. We asked to be moved immediately to a different server since it was crashing our website. They said they wouldn't do it etc, until after their own checks. You'd think they would have logs for this sort of thing? To say customer service is poor is an understatement.

So just like I should have probably done in the 1st place, we are going to be moving the hosting over to Nuclear Fallout (the same people that host our rack mounted dedicated server). When ever we've had issues in the past with NFO, 9 times out of 10 the CEO of the company has been the person responding, and it was immediate. They have outstanding service and use the best bandwidth in the world.

Anyhow, the next couple days the forum maybe in maintenance mode periodically as we migrate.

Sorry for any inconvenience this issue has caused.