PDA

View Full Version : Center View Tweaks

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Jul-31-2013, 02:51
:banghead: DCS doesn't center the view on the HUD/gunsight by default. This way when you zoom out you get a nice view of all the panels and switches and crap, but it makes it a pain when you try to zoom in on things you are trying to kill (since your view is centered on the dash). I found this annoying as hell so I did some searches to find where I can change the default view settings. If this annoys you too, go to:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\View\SnapViewsDefault.lua

Open with notepad, scroll down to the aircraft you want to change the view on and go to

"[13] = {--default view"

and change vAngle to zero

:banghead: Also, the KA-50 helmet mounted sight has a similar problem, it's not centered in the middle of the screen that way it's 'out of the way' so it doesn't clutter the HUD and so you cant zoom in on it. (Who's the F*#$ing hippie that put my gun sight 'out of the F)@#$ing way?!' :cussing: ).

Anyway, to change the KA 50 Helmet mounted Shkval sight go to:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\Config.lua

Change

v_angle_shift = math.rad(11)

to

v_angle_shift = math.rad(0)

:salute: For those of you tired of staring at the dash, I hope this helps.

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Aug-05-2013, 12:19
Also, It's best not to change the game files themselves. You can create duplicates in Username\Saved Games\DCS\

Just re-create any folders/subfolders and the files you are changing in there.