PDA

View Full Version : Bos i"m in

Headshot
Aug-03-2013, 06:45
Ok I took the plunge today and pre ordered BOS. I'm sure there will be problems with the game but I'm to excited to wait and besides I get a FW-190 from the get go. I purchased COD in a collectors addition on release day and have played that for over 650 hrs. So at $100 and something Australian dollars for COD I think that's pretty cheap entertainment. Anyway I hope to see more of you biting the bullet and joining the revolution.:)

9./JG52 Ziegler
Aug-03-2013, 07:51
I did too Headshot. I know I said I'd wait and see previously but the other day I scratched a $2 lotto tix and won a grand so...........

While it seems a little pricey, I spend more on a bottle of single malt and it doesn't last near as long :thumbsup:

Headshot
Aug-03-2013, 09:34
Good to hear comrade. Cheap Vodka is what we should be drinking now.:thumbsup:

=BKHZ=Furbs
Aug-03-2013, 20:05
Dam right! im in too. BF109F4 here we go. :)

Wulf
Aug-03-2013, 22:22
Dam right! im in too. BF109F4 here we go. :)

The lure of the 190 is like crack for someone like me but do we as yet have any idea of the required specs to run the thing? Is there anything to suggest that a Clod capable machine will work for BoS?

ATAG_Bliss
Aug-03-2013, 23:52
The lure of the 190 is like crack for someone like me but do we as yet have any idea of the required specs to run the thing? Is there anything to suggest that a Clod capable machine will work for BoS?

If your machine can run Clod it will easily run BoS. The ROF engine is fairly well optimized and with it's small resolution textures it doesn't take much of a machine to run it well. You should have no problems.

Basha
Aug-04-2013, 07:43
Im in FURBS MADE ME DO IT !!!!!!!

ATAG_Torian
Aug-04-2013, 08:46
Put my order in for the Premium also. We all gonna do it so stop procrastinating the rest of yas :hypnotized:

ChiefRedCloud
Aug-04-2013, 09:13
When funds are available ..... I will .... and we are considering a BoS server over at New Wings WHEN we know more about the server situation.

Royraiden
Aug-04-2013, 09:39

Cant remember the exact specs of the machines that were running the demo on the recent event but it was an AMD cpu(a recent quad or hexa) 16gbDDR3 ram and a 7990 which is a dual core graphics card.Having said that, as Bliss noted if you can run CLOD well there should be no problem with BOS.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Aug-04-2013, 09:58
Cant remember the exact specs of the machines that were running the demo on the recent event but it was an AMD cpu(a recent quad or hexa) 16gbDDR3 ram and a 7990 which is a dual core graphics card.Having said that, as Bliss noted if you can run CLOD well there should be no problem with BOS.

Yep they have stated that if you can run ROF, you'll be able to run BOS with no probs.
ROF runs easier on a gpu than CLoD. :thumbsup:

Dutch
Aug-04-2013, 20:21
Yep they have stated that if you can run ROF, you'll be able to run BOS with no probs.
ROF runs easier on a gpu than CLoD. :thumbsup:

Yah. It was also said, that if you could run IL2 on full tilt boogie, you could run Cliffs on minimum. Watch this space.......

Royraiden
Aug-04-2013, 20:50
Yah. It was also said, that if you could run IL2 on full tilt boogie, you could run Cliffs on minimum. Watch this space.......

It was a whole different sim with a more robust and complex engine, not the same case wiht ROF and BOS.Same engine with some new little details and features but the core is more or less the same.To be fair that engine makes good use of dual GPU's and Im sure of quad core cpu's as well.So it is safe to say that if you can run ROF you will definitely be able to run BOS although it might be a bit more demanding but there should be no big difference.

Greywing
Aug-05-2013, 02:47
I've jumped in too (Premium for me).

Wulf
Aug-05-2013, 03:37
Went 'Premo' cos I really want that special label interface thing-gie that just screams WINNER!!!!! .......yeah! :D

VMF214_Jupp
Aug-05-2013, 13:39
~S~ Went premium for rear mounted ShKAS gun.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/883-special-pre-order-features/

ATAG_Knuckles
Aug-05-2013, 16:26
O.K. gang I'm in !!!! took my Prozac money and did the premium :thumbsup:

Tvrdi
Aug-19-2013, 06:37
When funds are available ..... I will .... and we are considering a BoS server over at New Wings WHEN we know more about the server situation.

Im loking forward to this Chief.

:thumbsup:

Arthursmedley
Aug-19-2013, 13:30

I think Dutch makes a good point. If you can run RoF you can run BoS? Obviously, no one knows for sure yet but perhaps a more realistic way of putting it would be "If you can run the RoF channel map o.k. then you can run BoS?" In other words, whilst you can run CLoD and RoF quite nicely with a dual-core chip and a decent gfx card - the channel map and perhaps BoS will mean quad-core cpu minimum?

Does that make sense? I've recently upgraded from a 460gtx and E8400 to an i7 and 660ti and I can tell you CLoD makes less demands on a system than RoF.

Dutch
Aug-19-2013, 13:49
I think Dutch makes a good point. If you can run RoF you can run BoS? Obviously, no one knows for sure yet but perhaps a more realistic way of putting it would be "If you can run the RoF channel map o.k. then you can run BoS?" In other words, whilst you can run CLoD and RoF quite nicely with a dual-core chip and a decent gfx card - the channel map and perhaps BoS will mean quad-core cpu minimum?

Does that make sense? I've recently upgraded from a 460gtx and E8400 to an i7 and 660ti and I can tell you CLoD makes less demands on a system than RoF.

Yup. 'If you can run RoF you can run BoS'. Fine, But the question should be 'Will I be able to run BoS at the same in-game settings I have for RoF, and with the same frame rates?' Lots more parameters to consider than simply whether you can run it or not. :thumbsup:

Chivas
Aug-19-2013, 18:38
COD is highly detailed game engine, with mostly unoptimized code, which would require a highend system, or atleast a highly optimized system to run well. The ROF game engine isn't as complex, and the code is highly optimized, which allows ROF to run quite well on lesser systems. The ROF game engine is also very well designed in the use multicore cpu's. BOS will be far more demanding on the ROF game engine, so its stands to reason that a system that runs ROF very well, might need to be somewhat upgraded to run BOS at equivalent settings. A rule of thumb if you want to enjoy combat flight sims, is "always buy or build the best system you can afford" if you want anything close to the best experience.

Dutch
Aug-19-2013, 19:03
COD is highly detailed game engine, with mostly unoptimized code, which would require a highend system, or atleast a highly optimized system to run well. The ROF game engine isn't as complex, and the code is highly optimized, which allows ROF to run quite well on lesser systems. The ROF game engine is also very well designed in the use multicore cpu's. BOS will be far more demanding on the ROF game engine, so its stands to reason that a system that runs ROF very well, might need to be somewhat upgraded to run BOS at equivalent settings. A rule of thumb if you want to enjoy combat flight sims, is "always buy or build the best system you can afford" if you want anything close to the best experience.

Quite right Chivas mate. But that's not my point. The BoS developers are saying that if you can run 'rise of flight' you can run 'battle of stalingrad', but the same was true of IL2 and Cliffs of Dover. If you could run IL2, you could run Cliffs of Dover.

Doesn't tell anyone anything, in reality......

Royraiden
Aug-19-2013, 20:31
Quite right Chivas mate. But that's not my point. The BoS developers are saying that if you can run 'rise of flight' you can run 'battle of stalingrad', but the same was true of IL2 and Cliffs of Dover. If you could run IL2, you could run Cliffs of Dover.

Doesn't tell anyone anything, in reality......

That comparison shouldnt be used in my opinion. ROF and BOS= same engine, 1946 and CLOD= very different engines.They sure are adding new features and effects but the core is still the same as ROF.

Dutch
Aug-19-2013, 20:43
That comparison shouldnt be used in my opinion. ROF and BOS= same engine, 1946 and CLOD= very different engines.They sure are adding new features and effects but the core is still the same as ROF.

Read the previous bits, Roy me old chum. I'm not criticizing anyone at all. I'm saying that just because they say that 'if you can run RoF, you can run BoS' , it's not a guarantee that you'll be able to run them on the same level of detail.

We've fallen foul of this sort of marketing speak before. What i'm saying is that the new '1CGS' could fall foul of the same sort of marketing speak which led to the 'minimum specs' we all read on the box for Cliffs of Dover. Surely they should learn from that experience and be more careful. Don't you think?

Skoshi_Tiger
Aug-19-2013, 22:56
Since the Beta was announced I gone back and had a few goes with ROF and have come to the opinion that I will need to upgrade some time soon.

In the past I remember it being a lot smoother than COD. Since revisiting it it seams to be very jittery than what I'm experiencing in TF version of CoD (especially down low amoung the weeds where I normally end up). The quick missions that I've been running in FOF shouldn't be stressing the computer too much.

I wonder if RoF's reputation for running better on low spec machines was based on comparison with the original unoptimised CoD. What have other peoples experiences been?

Hooves
Aug-20-2013, 02:15
Read the previous bits, Roy me old chum. I'm not criticizing anyone at all. I'm saying that just because they say that 'if you can run RoF, you can run BoS' , it's not a guarantee that you'll be able to run them on the same level of detail.

We've fallen foul of this sort of marketing speak before. What i'm saying is that the new '1CGS' could fall foul of the same sort of marketing speak which led to the 'minimum specs' we all read on the box for Cliffs of Dover. Surely they should learn from that experience and be more careful. Don't you think?

I can tell you that I have played both on a gtx 680 with 8 gigs of ram. Not sure the processor. But they both run like champs. So there ya go. A medium to high end rig will play BoS awesomely out of the box. Unlike how clod ran out of the box on the highest machines. ROF provides a baseline any improved equipment can't hurt.

vranac
Aug-20-2013, 03:42
Unlike how clod ran out of the box on the highest machines.

You are wrong here.It was running very well out of the box for me with midrange gfx card.

III./ZG76_Saipan
Aug-20-2013, 05:27
yeah, ran ok out of the box, just alot of bugs. remember the disappearing bomber formations....seems like years ago..thanks to TF

Royraiden
Aug-20-2013, 08:31

Understood Dutch , its all fair.I guess whoever said that if you could run the old IL-2 then you could run Cliffs was the one at fault, even it was the devs themselves.It just doesnt make sense.I understand your concern very well Dutch, what Im trying to say is that it makes more sense between ROF and BOS than with IL-2 and Cliffs.Again I believe that it would prove to be true about the first pair but I could be wrong.

1lokos
Aug-20-2013, 09:28
"Resumo da Opera" (in short): "If your computer can run CloD well , you can run Bo$ at full glory". :)

Sokol1

Chivas
Aug-20-2013, 18:41
I can tell you that I have played both on a gtx 680 with 8 gigs of ram. Not sure the processor. But they both run like champs. So there ya go. A medium to high end rig will play BoS awesomely out of the box. Unlike how clod ran out of the box on the highest machines. ROF provides a baseline any improved equipment can't hurt.

I never once had a problem running COD from the first day it came out in Europe. Its just unfortunate that average computers weren't powerful enough, and that the development took soooo long, forcing their investors to have COD released before it was finished and optimized enough to run on lesser systems. I wish they never spent a year, 'dumbing down', sorry rewriting the graphic engine, and spent that time optimizing, fixing bugs, and finishing features, the development might still be in business.

Hooves
Aug-21-2013, 08:38
You are wrong here.It was running very well out of the box for me with midrange gfx card.

Ok It did not run well on High end machines out of the box (except for vranac and a few others). I had a brand new machine that I built and it ran every game I played perfect except CloD, (but that was then). I digress. If you are worried about machine specs I promise the machine you are running now to run Clod will run BoS with no problems.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Aug-21-2013, 08:52
Ok It did not run well on High end machines out of the box (except for vranac and a few others). I had a brand new machine that I built and it ran every game I played perfect except CloD, (but that was then). I digress. If you are worried about machine specs I promise the machine you are running now to run Clod will run BoS with no problems.

It's fair to say that CLoD was and is a "one off" and IMO will remain so. It is my favorite all time sim!

That said, I have lived though the many frustrations along the way that has now endeared the game to me. Like that errant, yet brillient child we molly coddled to success.

I built a high'er end rig just for CLoD and had more initial problems for my efforts:grrr: I really think CLoD when it first came out, was an attemp to salvage "something" out of a project started with the best of intentions and then lost funding or support some how? I too digress...............

At the end of the day, we will all "wait and see" and take everything we hear with a grain of sodium. :thumbsup:

1lokos
Aug-21-2013, 10:38
You are wrong here. It was running very well out of the box for me with midrange gfx card.

My case too, my system at time run il-2 "Perfect", but not "60+ FPS" all time, and run CloD well: playable FPS and no constant CTD even online - the game never was "unplayable" as it is for owners of high-end machines -obviously I did not expect run @ 1920x1080HD all sliders top", but it was also not necessary "all low", I get "what I pay". :thumbsup:

Of course, the game are a bug fest - in the realease just take off with a Blenheim are a "Chinese torture", Br.20... whaa and at all not the promised and expected "il-2 II".
But did many things very nice and then I forget the "il-2" thing I start look at then just as "Battle of Britain" game and enjoy then much, bugs aside. :D
Now "il-2 1946" is just history, like Warbirds, EAW, SDOE...
This "il-2 II Bo$" thing I am in the "wait and see" :D - I received the promise of a gift for some josytick repair, but have not decided if accepted, just awainting beta tester (not fanboys) reports.
Hopefully be successful. :thumbsup:

Sokol1

Headshot
Sep-24-2013, 08:12
I treated myself to a new (well new and second hand parts) rig at the same time COD came out and had no problems running the game from day one. I remember EAW running well on my then pc and not being able to run the demo of IL-2 Sturmovik. I had to wait for my next build to play IL-2. I hope I'll be ok until the next gen games come out. I think if you get 5 years out of a pc your doing alright, after that your pushing it with new release games.