PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Meath, Ireland

UpsilonCrux
Aug-03-2013, 14:39
Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

Im Irish, and the complete opposite of an expert on planes.
Despite this, I LOVE a good flight sim, there's nothing like 'em!

I use a Saitek X52-Pro HOTAS, and I fly in RoF and IL2-CloD. Haven't been online much in either, but have spent some time in the Albatross DIII online in RoF, and even got a kill or two (although I may have stolen one of those). Oops :p
I usually fly the Hurri Rotol in IL2, for no particular reason other than it was the first one I got off the ground!

Planning on joining in the fun online, need to work on my navigational skills bigtime, as the lack of map icons/paths online was really overwhelming.
The guys in chat have been super friendly though and assure me there's always a helpful bunch on TS.

Looking forward to it

Dutch
Aug-03-2013, 14:47
Welcome to the forum mate! :thumbsup:

Sat and Sun evenings around 8pm our time are always a hoot. Look forward to meeting up on TS. If you need any assistance with stuff, give me a shout, although I only do RAF stuff. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Lewis
Aug-03-2013, 15:31
Hello UC...Great to have you with us...Welcome to the community...

I posted a 'help' thread for new players....Check it out, there's some interesting stuff on joysticks and info when you first get the sim....TS is the main one really...Once you talk to folks online you'll learn a lot quicker...and even faster if you alread have experience on flight sims....also online combat ...There's nothing like it..that first kill...the adrenalin rush...and the way those 'real' pilots throw their stick around when you're on their six...the AI don't do that!

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058

Anyways have fun...and hope to catch you later...

and lovin the avatar....lol..

...lew...

ATAG_Bliss
Aug-03-2013, 15:39
Welcome to the forum! Others have already said some great advice so no need to repeat it.

That avatar is hilarious. :D