PDA

View Full Version : Are reflections overdone on the brit fighter compasses?

Roblex
Aug-03-2013, 16:05
I will bow to the majority if they think it is OK but I just wonder if it is right that the reflections make the compasses in british aircraft unreadable half the time? It seems like there is at least 45 degrees either side where the reflections stop you seeing the needle so that is 90 degrees or 1/4 of the time when the compass is useless. I have TIR with 6dof so I can move my head sideways but it does not help. I think someone said that the next patch solves the problem with the sun shining through the bottom of a diving fighter and making the screen go white so maybe this is related and will go away.

bolox
Aug-03-2013, 17:51
Shadows off?
try enabling shadows and see the difference- yes I know it knocks fps
it's not perfect in 3.01(shadows off)- but it's worse in 1.11 by a factor of ~X3, where compass totally whites out
This was actually one of the first ever TF tweaks in the cockpits, along with the correct markings on the bezel
Can't promise it's going to be totally perfect in next release, but it should be better still:dazed!: - however we have alot of testing to do and something else could have been broken in the process.
Alot of time and effort has gone into tweaking/redoing the way light affects various things ingame and we're quietly confident you will like the results

Dutch
Aug-03-2013, 18:46
I've never seen this problem at all, not once, ever since release day.

Being an anal sort of chap, I religiously set the course setter and Gyro in all a/c whilst warming up. The only thing that frustrates me, is that in the Hurris and Blenheim, running your mouse across the course setter tells you the heading it's set for, but this doesn't work in the Spits, so you have to read it off as best you can by eye. Doesn't really bother me though.

But as to glare either side, nope. Never seen it. Maybe it's as bolox says, dunno. Weird one.