PDA

View Full Version : A potential future problem

mikec5airguard
Aug-09-2013, 04:55
Hey guys just sharing some info with you that i discovered this evening.

Today I upgraded my ATI catalyst drivers to the 13.3 beta for some improvements in various games. Only problem is CLOD would crash. After further investigating I found that catalyst now requires .Net Framework 4.5 to function, which as far as I can tell is incompatible with Il-2 CLOD. I went in and deleted the 4.5 from programs and features, and re-installed the .NET framework 4.0 that is located in the redist folder in the IL-2 directory. Il-2 no longer crashes but of course catalyst spits out an error about needed 4.5 to run..So from what im thinking, it looks like ATI is going to be requiring 4.5 from here on out.. I wonder if this is somthing that can be fixed?

Passive
Sep-10-2013, 02:11
Mike,
I feel your pain... I have software that has updated to run with net frameworks 4.5, and I'm waiting for a net frameworks hotfix patch for il2 CoD so I can fly the skies in this awesome game again.

Bump x 10 for this being a current and future problem for il2 CoD simmers. :thumbsup:

Its a shame to see IL2 CoD enthusiasts loosing heart in the game and flying elsewhere because of a net framework issue :grrr:

Combat Wombat
Sep-10-2013, 02:27
Hey guys just sharing some info with you that i discovered this evening.

Today I upgraded my ATI catalyst drivers to the 13.3 beta for some improvements in various games. Only problem is CLOD would crash. After further investigating I found that catalyst now requires .Net Framework 4.5 to function, which as far as I can tell is incompatible with Il-2 CLOD. I went in and deleted the 4.5 from programs and features, and re-installed the .NET framework 4.0 that is located in the redist folder in the IL-2 directory. Il-2 no longer crashes but of course catalyst spits out an error about needed 4.5 to run..So from what im thinking, it looks like ATI is going to be requiring 4.5 from here on out.. I wonder if this is somthing that can be fixed?
thank you for the heads up :thumbsup: ,Ill be staying with this driver till new card is installed ,