PDA

View Full Version : A newbie question

EG14_Marcast
Aug-09-2013, 06:14
I have been playing CloD mostly offline, entering sometimes the ATAG server a couple of months ago. I did it again yesterday, and I'm going to do it more frequently now. Every time I came in the server, it was a matter of "free hunt", with some bombers raid now and then; nice enough, but now I see that there are also a lot of interesting online missions. Where can I find them, and how to take part?

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Aug-09-2013, 09:28
now I see that there are also a lot of interesting online missions. Where can I find them, and how to take part?

I think you might be talking about the missions that ACG (Storm of War) server run on Thursday nights and Sunday nights. You will need teamspeak to join these missions.

Sunday Nights;
ACG run a full-realism campaign for squadrons. These require prior registration on the ACG website. I don't think this is open to free-lance non-affiliated pilots. This mission is normally full (100+ pilots). There are no AI in this campaign.

Thursday Nights;
Werra puts on a single mission every Thursday night. Almost anyone can participate. But, you'll need to register on the ACG website to introduce yourself there. This mission normally gets 80+ pilots.

The missions on the ATAG servers are on constant rotation. There is no restriction on participation. Player numbers and mission types vary from day to day and timezone to timezone.
The best way to get involved in a more immersive way is to get onto teamspeak.

Black
Aug-09-2013, 09:51
For sunday nights campaign you need to be part of a squadron that is also registered on the Storm of War forum!

EG14_Marcast
Aug-09-2013, 10:03
I think you might be talking about the missions that ACG (Storm of War) server run on Thursday nights and Sunday nights. You will need teamspeak to join these missions.

Unfortunately, my time availability forbids me to grant the required commitment to ask to enter a squadron. I'm almost never free at weekends and only quite late at night in the week. Well, in ATAG there's a lot of fun too anyway!

kopperdrake
Aug-09-2013, 10:31
Hi Marcastel - to some squadrons it won't matter as much that you can't promise to be around all the time. A few days ago I was flying a late one on the Storm of War public missions and there were a couple of early risers from New Zealand on there. The very main thing is whichever server you're on, jump in their teamspeak and just get to know the pilots who tend to use the servers the same time you do, and fly a few missions with them on the public servers. From there you may find a group who'd welcome pilots, even if they can't promise definite times to fly, or who would let you fly with them in some of the online missions as part of their squadron - I know we've done that at ACG in the past.

S! Bunny.

1lokos
Aug-09-2013, 12:52
marcastel57,

If you want do some kind of "COOP" a squad mate run a private server with SNAFU mission system
with missions for (ideally) 2 or 6 players per side. If interested PM me for password.

When you join are a mission running, and you can meet your goal, or if mission time is advanced (available in Tab>4),
request to the server new mission (small=2 playes, large=6 players).
The server can run 2 missions at same time.

Plus the mission goals are some "target of oportunity" like trains, ships...

Eventualy one side win the map, but take time.

Is ideal you join with a friend. As "rule" in CLoD, the server is not popular (between squad members, now they prefer play Bf3 or Zumbi games... :getaway: )
but at least serves to know the system...

Some AAR here (use Google Translator).

http://www.gavca.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=22406

Sokol1