PDA

View Full Version : Engine Management Reference Guide

Loopback
Aug-11-2013, 00:34
Hi

I've been flying for a short while now and used the ATAG wiki to help me sort out the engine settings when flying the Spit at full real on the ATAG server. However, I thought it might be an idea to summarise the information into a format that I can just glance at whilst flying.

Anyway, I've attached a zip with the document inside (its a .doc file).

It lists the planes (both red and blue) with there different marks and has the settings for 5 minute power, 30 minute power, unlimited cruise and continuous climb. It also has the min, normal and max figures for the oil and water temps too.

Hope someone finds it as useful as I do and if anyone can see any errors then please let me know and I'll fix it. Feel free to use it as you wish.

Salute. :salute:

Alan

Edit: I've just added a section for each aircraft type detailing startup, takeoff and spin control. Just brief notes on each but could act as a little check list.

|450|Devil
Aug-11-2013, 01:13
Thanks Loopback

ATAG_Lewis
Aug-11-2013, 08:19
Very Good work Loop and great idea....Just the kind of thing we need to help the new players....I have added this to the 'Beginners Guide'

Thanks for your input...

...lew...

Mabroc
Aug-11-2013, 11:46
Excellent work!!! This simplifies a lot of page flipping during flight :thumbsup:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Aug-11-2013, 14:55
Salute

Very nice work, we appreciate the effort. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, don't mean to dishearten anyone, but we are doing a revision of the overheat and engine management systems for Release 2 to provide more accurate modelling of the historical aircraft, so there will be significant changes in how players will need to control their systems to keep their aircraft working correctly.

Loopback
Aug-11-2013, 20:21
Unfortunately, don't mean to dishearten anyone, but we are doing a revision of the overheat and engine management systems for Release 2 to provide more accurate modelling of the historical aircraft, so there will be significant changes in how players will need to control their systems to keep their aircraft working correctly.

Not disheartened at all. Its great to be able to give a little back to this fantastic community.

Lew, thanks for including this on your awesome beginners guide.:thumbsup:

Buzz, when Release 2 is ready I'll just update it to make sure its current. I'm guessing that the changes will be documented somewhere so I can get the new numbers/modelling. I was thinking of adding a bit more detail to the charts to maybe include some simple check lists to fill the pages up a bit anyway. This is a work in progress.

Cheers
Alan

Loopback
Aug-17-2013, 21:11
Just added a new version of the files.

Cheers
Alan

1lokos
Aug-18-2013, 10:00
Magneto 1 + 2 switches 'On'
Fuel Control to Main Tank 'Open'
Radiator Closed
Throttle to 10% open
Propeller in Fine Pitch
Start engine

In fact, for Hurri/Spit - since plane "reset" when spaw - it's only need:

Fuel Control to Main Tank 'Open'
Throttle to 10% open (0 to 10%)
Start engine

Magnetos switch are useful only to turn OFF engine in flight (what can done with fuel cock...) He is there just for "movies", so:

Magneto 1 + 2 switches 'On' (Optional)

It's useful, before start engine set "park brakes (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4726&p=47850&viewfull=1#post47850)", so the plane dont turn with side wind.

:thumbsup:

JetJockey
Feb-17-2014, 12:20
Hi, I'm a newbee and would like to know how to open this file as it requests,'oFFICE TO OPEN IT:doh:

Flyingblind
Feb-17-2014, 12:29
Search for Open Office. This is set of programmes that will open, edit and create Microsoft Office documents. It's free although you can donate.

ATAG_Lolsav
Feb-17-2014, 12:35
Hi JetJockey

The most updated information about the planes on the most recent patch can be found on Team Fusion Wiki

http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=start

Loopback
Feb-18-2014, 01:33
Hi JetJockey

Firstly welcome to the forum. Its the best place to come to if you have any questions or problems flying in CLOD.

The information in the files is still pretty accurate but with all things they are a guide designed to help you get in the air. Once there try tweaking or pushing the envelope a bit to see if you can get more speed/power out of your kite.

Anyway, hope you can open the files, if not let me know and I'll throw them up as .pdf's or something.

S!

Alan

Hangdown
Feb-21-2014, 10:29
I can't open .doc's

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Feb-21-2014, 10:36
I can't open .doc's

Try the pdf below;

Loopback
Feb-22-2014, 03:07
Hi Philstyle

Thanks mate, you saved me a job.
Got busy weekend and wasn't sure I'd be able to fit it in.

Cheers

Alan

speedone
Feb-22-2014, 05:10
very good stuff. Just downloaded and printed it. Thanks!

bokepacha
Jun-23-2014, 00:51
Downloaded and printed, thanks!

I think there is a small typo in the Spitfire Starting and take off section. Last sentence says "Once the aircraft reaches 180mph Coarse pitch can be selected". Shouldn't it be course pitch?

Loopback
Jun-23-2014, 01:06

I think there is a small typo in the Spitfire Starting and take off section. Last sentence says "Once the aircraft reaches 180mph Coarse pitch can be selected". Shouldn't it be course pitch?

I spell like I fly........ badly

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix it up when I get home.

ATAG_Ezzie
Jun-23-2014, 03:56

I think coarse is correctly spelt when referring to pitch in this context. Course would be correct if referring to a track/direction/heading you wanted to fly.

So I think it's ok as is

Ezzie

hnbdgr
Jun-23-2014, 06:07
Very handy guide. Just to be a spoilsport, isn't the recommended RPM for 1minute power setting for BF-109 E-3/B E-4/B 2400 RPM as it's the Aa engine..? :-)

Buttonman
Jul-29-2014, 08:24
Thank you very much very usefull

Loopback
Jul-29-2014, 19:12
Thank you very much very usefull

You are very welcome. Hope it helps.

hnbdgr, you maybe right but I've got the data from the WIKI so 2500 it is ;0)

You'll soon learn where the figures can be tweaked a little. As long as there's no smoke you're flying her right! :thumbsup:

S!
Alan