PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Recognition Sheets

Loopback
Aug-12-2013, 01:04
Hi All

I've attached some files that contain basic aircraft recognition pictures of some of the planes in CLOD. I've done one for fighters and one for bombers. Each group (fighters/bombers) has two files, one where they are listed vertically and the other horizontally. The idea here is that you can cut them out and place them around your monitor edges so you have them right where you need them.

What I've done is then circle the distinctive shapes that allow you to id each plane. For instance if I'm head to head with a 109 then I'm looking for the tail fin being higher than the cockpit (the Spits and hurricanes are below the cockpit). This way I'm not looking at the whole plane, rather the bit that ID's it.

I'll let you do the circles because you may ID the plane using different things (like radiator intakes).

I'm also thinking of doing one with just the silhouette, in other words I'd colour them in black so when they are done I'll post them here too.

Hope they help someone...

:salute:

Alan

kopperdrake
Aug-12-2013, 06:49
Excellent :D Where are the lineart drawings from - very useful!

Bunny

Loopback
Aug-12-2013, 20:23
Excellent :D Where are the lineart drawings from - very useful!

Long story short. I used to (read many, many years ago) work as a returns tester and someone brought there PC in to get looked at.
His hard drive was failing and he asked me to get the data off it. I did but in doing so found a load of wire frame images of WW2 aircraft. He let me take a copy which I did and then forgot about them until I got into WW2 flight sims. I then made these sheets for CLOD but sadly I lost the files when they got deleted by accident.

Anyway, I have found a source online which had nearly all the WW2 aircraft but I can't find it now (it was a french site). I'll keep looking and if I find it I'll post it here.

EDIT: Found a site here:- http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/ww2planes/

And another one:-http://www.3dreference.org/?mod=blueprints

Alan

ATAG_Flare
Aug-23-2014, 16:47
Can someone covert these to .png or .pdf for me? Don't have MS Word. Thanks.

Stormrider
Aug-23-2014, 17:03
This file is first posted by Loopback as a MS word document.I only converted it to pdf.

Loopback thanks for sharing:thumbsup:
Aircraft Recognition Sheets.pdf