PDA

View Full Version : HA another newbie here

235 Sqn. Coldstreamer (QJ-X)
Aug-13-2013, 16:20
Decided that offline play is rather boring. going to now take the plunge against real enemies. you guys are going to get a few easy kills in for a good number of weeks. that's if I can finally get round the engine management fiasco that normally goes with my flying.

Is it me or do you guys find flying double engines easier than one! :stunned:

ATAG_JTDawg
Aug-13-2013, 17:47
:thumbsup: there are plenty of good guys on either side that will help with the learning curve. Welcome to the skies, IF you fly red = you already got 50 -50 odds , always have a wingman , an no question is to dumb , have fun enjoy :D

ATAG_Lewis
Aug-14-2013, 00:31
Welcome to the community Coldstreamer....

Be sure to check out the 'Beginners Guide'..(link below)...there's some handy stuff there will save you hours on the learning side of things....You came to the right place for Q and A too..Plenty of helpfull chaps here.....

Any help you need with the patches or anything...let us know...

Hope you enjoy this sim as much as we do...

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711

See you in the skies...

...lew...

ATAG_Torian
Aug-14-2013, 02:07
Is it me or do you guys find flying double engines easier than one!

They can be. In a bomber you are not dogfighting so engine management is more straightforward. The 110 u need to manage more (same engine as a 109 x 2) but again u don't generally dogfight in a 110. Red fighter pilots will luv u longtime if u try (actually will b more like wham bam thank u ma'am)

III./ZG76_Saipan
Aug-14-2013, 02:37
110 engs. are very forgiving if you stay under 3km, they really tend to heat up the higher you go so watch the water temps and crank the water rad to 100%