PDA

View Full Version : Another once to practice your defelection shooting on..

selev
Aug-14-2013, 05:07
Greetings all, Selev here, i tried out the server last night and couldn't believe what is going on with CLOD thanks to ATAG.I pre-ordered this sim and when it came out and i ... well... lets not go there.

The patch has taken this game to where it should have been on release and after looking at the vids and reading the forums i was hooked,thanks guys.

So here i am, when i get up to reasonable standard ( and get my TS3 sorted) i'll be on server skidding about ...wonder how long i'll last.

I've never done online before so i've a lot of reading to do, the "new pilot" sticky is the place to start, looking forward to seeing u all ... it's a blue world max.:D

ATAG_Bliss
Aug-14-2013, 05:14
Hi Selev and welcome to the forums!

There's a bunch of nice folks on TS that will gladly help get you sorted out. Any questions you have, don't be afraid to ask.

:salute:

SoW Reddog
Aug-14-2013, 05:29
Welcome.

As one recently in your shoes I don't envy the learning curve all over again but it's worth every minute spent.

See you in the skies.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Aug-14-2013, 06:06
Hi Selev,

Firstly, welcome along. You're right that things have really changed for the better over the past few months.

I noticed that just before you disconnected last night you wrote in chat "thanks for the warning guys....."

I was not sure what you had meant by that, but you were gone before I could ask. Was there something negative about the online experience that you were responding to?
If so, is there something that can be done to help/ clarify anything?

Kling
Aug-14-2013, 06:25
Hello Selev and welcome back!!!
You are exactly the kind of guy we are trying get back to Clod!
Guys who once bought the game but were disappionted and havent touched it since 2011.
May I ask Selev how you found your way to the ATAG website and how you heard of Team Fusion?

See you in the skies and dont hesitate to ask for help either here or on Teamspeak! Plenty of helpful guys!
Cheers

selev
Aug-14-2013, 10:39
Gents,Thanks for your encouraging words, a quick reply to your questions.When i wrote in chat last night ( my first time) it was obvious to me that i had a lot to learn, i managed to get up to 10k but for some reason i couldn't get my spit 1a into fine pitch, when i tried the engine played up something awful, i did notice that my oil temp was way to high,despite the rad being fully open on the climb,i presume there is an oil cooler control i have to find, my intention was to join in along the coast ( i spawned well out of the way, i forget where, the vultures were circling no doubt) with my wingman and have a pop but it wasn't to be ... i had to RTB.

There was no negative experience here and my "thanks for the warning guys" was my way of saying,i've been, i'll have to learn and come back, i could HEAR what was going on,it sounded busy but i haven't got a headset and mike to take part ... it's a blue world, better off without me for the moment!

I heard about ATAG when it you mentioned on the 1C forums when i was reading about the possibility of the code being released, up till then i had not idea ATAG had taken this game and worked miricles on it, i had given up on the game totally and it's new lease of life in my opinion puts it in front of even IL2, no disrespect intended to the hardcores and the guys who worked on CLOD from the studio ...just my 10p is all.Laters!

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Aug-14-2013, 11:05
There was no negative experience here and my "thanks for the warning guys" was my way of saying,i've been, i'll have to learn and come back, i could HEAR what was going on,it sounded busy but i haven't got a headset and mike to take part ... it's a blue world, better off without me for the moment!

I heard about ATAG when it you mentioned on the 1C forums when i was reading about the possibility of the code being released, up till then i had not idea ATAG had taken this game and worked miricles on it, i had given up on the game totally and it's new lease of life in my opinion puts it in front of even IL2, no disrespect intended to the hardcores and the guys who worked on CLOD from the studio ...just my 10p is all. Laters!

OK nice one.
Don't be afraid to ask someone on coms (or via the chat bar) if they can fly with you in a separate radio room. This will help you learn the ropes without having to feel like you are interrupting other players. The guys with Squadron tags on are often happy to help, particularly those squads which are recruiting ;)
But it is best to get a microphone.. it will save your but many, many times.

In addition you can always go o the Squadron recruitment thread here; http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70 and ask for an instructor. There are squads who will help you train up, without any obligation to join them on a full time basis.

By the way, it's "team fusion" working on the patches. ATAG is a slightly different group of people, but they have a close relationship.. and some people are members of both ATAG and the "team fusion"....

SoW Reddog
Aug-14-2013, 11:34
If you're in the UK, pm me your address and I'll post you a mic. It's my old one but works fine and will get you going on TS if you want.

ATAG_Snapper
Aug-14-2013, 11:43
Hi Selev, and welcome to the forum! :salute:

I can't add much to PhilStyle's excellent suggestions. I was in the local Staples/Business Depot yesterday and noticed they were selling inexpensive "gamer" headsets with boom microphones for under $20. That's all that's needed to use Teamspeak 3 and fly Cliffs of Dover effectively. The best $20 you could ever spend! LOL

It's great that you've found your way here and I hope to see you online again when I'm on as well. As I've done with many newcomers, I'd be glad to hop on a separate Teamspeak channel with you and actually fly a mission (or two or three) in a Spitfire 1a 100 octane. It's easy over Teamspeak to discuss the best engine settings, places to avoid at the beginning, etc etc while flying together in the same type aircraft.

BTW, it sounds like you may have been trying to push your mixture lever forward (from Auto Rich ---> Auto Lean) instead of your prop pitch lever.

Hope to see you online soon! :thumbsup:

selev
Aug-14-2013, 15:23
Thanks for all your help and suggestions everyone,i'll heed them all.Reddog thats a fantastic offer but i bought one on e-bay today so that's inbound but thanks again, very generous of you.I stand corrected on ATAG/Team fusion, i'm painting you all up with the same brush ... a blue one ...it's a blue world.

Auto rich and lean, eh ...that explains a lot:doh: