PDA

View Full Version : Tail skid lock?

FAE_Cazador
Aug-14-2013, 15:56
Is this feature actually modelled? I have assigned one key to this command but my Spit still keeps moving is tailwheel left and right when pushing brakes + rudder right or left . Or is this feature only referring to tail skids (Tigermoth?) and not tail wheels ?

Dutch
Aug-14-2013, 16:17
It isn't possible to lock the tailwheel. Not sure about the skid on the TM. A lot of controls were included in the menu which don't appear in the game, such as 'signal ground crew to remove brake shoes', and were probably intended for future sequels. I think this is one of them. :thumbsup:

FAE_Cazador
Aug-14-2013, 16:32
"....A lot of controls were included in the menu which don't appear in the game, , such as 'signal ground crew to remove brake shoes', and were probably intended for future sequels. I think this is one of them. :thumbsup:

Yep, another useless command. It would be very useful sometimes when you're spawned inside an open shelter, and your plane is pushed by an invisible force, (not actually the wind, I believe) against the earthen walls. You only can keep your brakes on all the time to avoid breaking your wing. :stunned:

1lokos
Aug-14-2013, 17:57
Is this feature actually modelled? I have assigned one key to this command but my Spit still keeps moving is tailwheel left and right when pushing brakes + rudder right or left . Or is this feature only referring to tail skids (Tigermoth?) and not tail wheels ?

Yes is modelled, but work only for appropriated planes (refer to wheel, skid is due bad translation "Typical CloD"... like Afterburner! :grr:):

Ju 87 Suka
Ju 88
Su-26

Unlocked the tail wheel move together rudder, locked no. Check in external vision

Sokol1

FAE_Cazador
Aug-14-2013, 18:26
Do you mean, is this historically modelled? Only Ju-87 and 88 could lock it? In good old IL-2 '46 all planes with tail wheel could have it locked, IIRC. Obviously, planes with tail skid like I-16, not at all.

Thanks to all.

1lokos
Aug-14-2013, 18:56
In good old IL-2 '46 all planes with tail wheel could have it locked, IIRC.

In original il-2 Oleg made many concessions to "gameplay". First version came with: "three levels of autopilot: AP Alt, AP Speed, and AP Direction".

It seems that there will be something similar il-2:BoS...

Sokol1