PDA

View Full Version : Presentation of the LaGG-3 by BoS lead developer (with English subtitles)

Oersted
Aug-16-2013, 17:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SVjClyeXMY

"Hello Everyone,

I know that every Friday you're waiting for news about development. But this time Albert aka Loft is preparing for a business trip to Germany which brings him to GamesCom-2013 where he will koin Jason to show BOS to the press and a few lucky community members. It’s always a fun time to show BOS to more people.

As a dessert for today we offer you the recording of our first live stream. Now you can watch it without any technical connectivity issues that always happen during a live internet broadcast. And of course, the English subtitles have been added so our comments are now easier to understand.

And thanks again to the guys who helped us to set everything up properly for the stream and to all who joined Jason on TeamSpeak during the broadcast."

ATAG_Snapper
Aug-16-2013, 18:45
That was an excellent presentation. The English subtitles were easy to follow an understand. I was impressed with the wind sound when the canopy was opened in flight. If anything, it could be even louder IMHO as I imagine it would be in real flight. This would certainly handle any "sonar" issues that we currently experience in Clod.

Hopefully work will continue on manual adjustments of pitch, throttle, mixture, and other CEM inputs to satisfy the hardcore player. Let's face it, those of us on this forum that fly Clod on the ATAG server are arguably about as hardcore as you can get! LOL

Oersted
Aug-17-2013, 09:26
Would it be terribly difficult for TF to up the volume of the wind noise with an open cockpit in CoD, I wonder? If it is also dependent on air speed it shouldn't be too annoying during take-off and landing, but yet so loud above, say, 200 mph that everybody would close the pit.

Mysticpuma
Aug-17-2013, 10:29
Lots of things are being looked at Oersted. Remember that we (like you) want 'everything' we can get into the sim and in the TF Private forums, many discussions are ongoing about the community requests and possibilities.
Audio, Visuals, FM, DM...basically the whole range of what is currently possible in other and future sims.

I know for a fact some features that we desperately want to get out for the upcoming patch are still 50/50 even as we Beta test the Release Candidate. Do we release them and get moans from the community about stuff not working 100%, or do we release them and ask users to give us feedback in improving your/our Simulation? It's a really tough call, because the last thing anyone wants is a reason for players to complain about the 1% issue that they can find to nit-pick over. I mean, we have all seen how much angst can be caused by a 'bad' patch, which is why behind the scenes rigorous testing is ongoing and we have already found at-least 20-30 bugs that are being addressed in the RC.

I can't give anything away, but I know that this patch will be a huge improvement for so many players with increases in FPS, but the patch after this....well from the current work that is going on (yes we are looking and working on stuff past this patch already), blimey...the world may be our oyster ;)

Cheers, MP

Katdog5
Aug-17-2013, 10:43
awesome

Royraiden
Aug-17-2013, 14:35
Lots of things are being looked at Oersted. Remember that we (like you) want 'everything' we can get into the sim and in the TF Private forums, many discussions are ongoing about the community requests and possibilities.
Audio, Visuals, FM, DM...basically the whole range of what is currently possible in other and future sims.

I know for a fact some features that we desperately want to get out for the upcoming patch are still 50/50 even as we Beta test the Release Candidate. Do we release them and get moans from the community about stuff not working 100%, or do we release them and ask users to give us feedback in improving your/our Simulation? It's a really tough call, because the last thing anyone wants is a reason for players to complain about the 1% issue that they can find to nit-pick over. I mean, we have all seen how much angst can be caused by a 'bad' patch, which is why behind the scenes rigorous testing is ongoing and we have already found at-least 20-30 bugs that are being addressed in the RC.

I can't give anything away, but I know that this patch will be a huge improvement for so many players with increases in FPS, but the patch after this....well from the current work that is going on (yes we are looking and working on stuff past this patch already), blimey...the world may be our oyster ;)

Cheers, MP
Great news:)