PDA

View Full Version : Need some Teamspeak help

jlan5031
Aug-18-2013, 19:44
Looking forward to joining flying COD online,I downloaded and installed Teamspeak3. From that point I am confused and lost. Would, could, anyone please answer these questions?

1.During the set-up steps, one page presents three boxes. The first is" Address," the second is "Port," the third is "Server Password." In the Forum, I found the following:"ATAG TS3 IP:216.52.148.29:9987. I think the 9987 is the "Port" number which goes in the Port box. But exactly what goes in the "Address" box? ATAG TS3 IP? 216.52.148.29? Both?

2.I'm unclear about Servers/Channels(?) 1 and 2. What are they, and how are they accessed?

3.When I click on the ATAG Teamspeak button, The following appears, "Launch Application," "Teamspeak 3 Client," "Choose Application." What do I choose?

Sorry if these questions sound foolish. My understanding of computer terms is limited, and given the opportunity, my ignorance "lighteth my way to disaster."

Thank you for all help.

III./ZG76_Keller
Aug-18-2013, 19:49
Address = 216.52.148.29
Port = 9987
Password = Leave it blank

Not sure what you mean by servers 1 and 2, ATAG has 2 Cliffs of Dover servers but you will almost always be on server 1.

Again, I'm not sure which ATAG Teamspeak button you're talking about.

jlan5031
Aug-18-2013, 21:47
Thanks for your response.
I was referring to the ATAG Home page, below the title "Power and Speed," top right, where "TeamSpeak" appears. Pressing that name opens the window that confuses me.
Several messages I read referred to the Channel, or Server 1 and 2. I don't know what they are for.

ATAG_Colander
Aug-18-2013, 22:04
There used to be 2 Teamspeak servers. Now there only #1. (we should remove that from the forum toolbar)

Pressing "Direct Connect to Server #1" should automatically tell TeamSpeak to connect to the server. If this doesn't work, you can always connect by IP entering "216.52.148.29" as the server and "27016" as the port directly on TS when you select connect to server.

The channels you will see once you join the TS server. By default you'll be in a "Ready Room" channel, but once there, you can select another channel by double clicking on it (unless is password protected).

The two main channels you will be interested on are "Allied Forces" and "Axis Forces". Each has sub-channels but most of the people stay in the main ones.

Hope this explains a bit better.

jlan5031
Aug-19-2013, 14:18
I'm nearly ready to go through the Teamspeak/ATAG installation process. I have a couple of questions.
1. I use two control devices-a stick and a yoke depending on which the aircraft used. I would like to assign a separate push to talk button on both the yoke and the stick.
Can I do that? If so, how could I do that?
2. Earlier I tried to go through a practice review of the initial process of assigning a nickname, and so forth, passing over what I wasn't ready for. I had to stop when I reached the Connection window. So I exited and figured I'd start over when I knew the address. When I tried to start over I was only able to restart at the Connection window. The only was I could start over was to uninstall Teamspeak. This leads back to my first question. If I can enable both push to talk buttons, how can I get back to the beginning of the installation windows?
Sorry for the fuss, but I've never tried to do something like this before.

Greywing
Aug-20-2013, 01:59
Hi jlan5031,

I don't think you can have two push to talk buttons setup. (Correct me if I'm wrong guys). You'll have to got to Settings>Options and the Capture tab and reassign the push to talk each time you swap between stick and yoke.

To run the TS setup wizard again got to Settings>Setup Wizard and it will go from the top. No need to uninstall.

Cheers

Greywing

DRock
Aug-20-2013, 13:15
I have 2 push-to-talk buttons.

1 on my joystick, 1 on my play station controller for rear gunnery on bombers.

Cheers,
ATAG_DRock

jlan5031
Aug-20-2013, 14:11
Thanks for all your responses. I think I might have it now. We'll see today.