PDA

View Full Version : what version of il-2 cod before team fusion patch?

naiboo
Aug-20-2013, 12:13
i´ve never played il-2 cod before so maybe it´s a dumb question.

what version has il-2 cod to be before i can install team fusion patch 3.0?
i currently have the old cd version here.

ATAG_Colander
Aug-20-2013, 12:15
Hi Naiboo,

Steam automatically installs the last official version.
In other words, you can install the TF mod as soon as you have the game installed.

ATAG_Colander.

naiboo
Aug-21-2013, 01:50
i´ve updated now to latest version 1.11, started the game, game language was russian. then followed the instructions for installing team fusion 3.0 and the mini patch.

if i start now the launcher.exe, the logo has changed as described with the MOD logo. once i´m in the game every thing is spanish? :grrr:
i read somewhere that the language is automatically set to english once i installed the mod?

where can i change the game language? read something of replacing a maddox.dll file to change the language but i´vent found it for 1.11 so far.

ATAG_Colander
Aug-21-2013, 09:51
i´ve updated now to latest version 1.11, started the game, game language was russian. then followed the instructions for installing team fusion 3.0 and the mini patch.

if i start now the launcher.exe, the logo has changed as described with the MOD logo. once i´m in the game every thing is spanish? :grrr:
i read somewhere that the language is automatically set to english once i installed the mod?

where can i change the game language? read something of replacing a maddox.dll file to change the language but i´vent found it for 1.11 so far.

Naiboo,

The language the game uses comes from the language you have defined in steam. In other words, if you see steam dialogs/windows in spanish, you will see the game in spanish.

The only exception is Russian where even though steam shows everything in russian, it reports "english" to the game. This is what the manual change is for.

naiboo
Aug-21-2013, 12:51
Naiboo,

The language the game uses comes from the language you have defined in steam. In other words, if you see steam dialogs/windows in spanish, you will see the game in spanish.

The only exception is Russian where even though steam shows everything in russian, it reports "english" to the game. This is what the manual change is for.

thanks for your patience.
i´ve reinstalled it, now everything works fine. strange thing!

ATAG_Colander
Aug-21-2013, 13:34
thanks for your patience.
i´ve reinstalled it, now everything works fine. strange thing!

Not a problem. Glad is working now.

FAE_Cazador
Aug-21-2013, 15:11
One quick more about languages, please:

I had my vanilla installation of CloD ( in ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover), setup in English, as Spanish translation was weird. When TF released their patch, I copied the whole folder in another place and applied the TF Patches there. So I have both now versions. Even if I only fly 100% TF version, still vanilla is there for comparison and reserve purposes.

Now if I want to change the language in my TF Modded version back to Spanish, by doing it in Steam, it only changes the vanilla version language, not the TF-modded. How can I achieve this? Is there any place conf.ini line where I can add something like "language=Spanish" ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

ATAG_Colander
Aug-21-2013, 15:15
One quick more about languages, please:

I had my vanilla installation of CloD ( in ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover), setup in English, as Spanish translation was weird. When TF released their patch, I copied the whole folder in another place and applied the TF Patches there. So I have both now versions. Even if I only fly 100% TF version, still vanilla is there for comparison and reserve purposes.

Now if I want to change the language in my TF Modded version back to Spanish, by doing it in Steam, it only changes the vanilla version language, not the TF-modded. How can I achieve this? Is there any place conf.ini line where I can add something like "language=Spanish" ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Cazador,

Extraño, también debería cambiar a español. Voy a tener que hacer la prueba a ver si me sucede lo mismo.

FAE_Cazador
Aug-21-2013, 15:59
No need, Colander, it works as you say, somehow my first choice was not taken by Steam, perhaps I didn't do it well, thanks any how for your quick answer!

Hablas un excelente español Colander, has vivido en España?

Saludos cordiales

ATAG_Colander
Aug-21-2013, 16:10
Hablas un excelente español Colander, has vivido en España?

Saludos cordiales

No pero el español es mi idioma materno. No solo en españa se habla español ;)

FAE_Cazador
Aug-21-2013, 17:14
Por supuesto ;) , ¿tienes ascendencia latinoamericana, pues ? Encantado de saludarte en nuestra lengua!