PDA

View Full Version : Thinking About

Cheyenne
Aug-21-2013, 11:20
~S~ All
After viewing the youtube on IL-2 Cliffs of Dover after the Team Fusion up date patches, I have been thinking of getting it now.
However I have a few question I would like to ask.
1) If I buy Cliffs of Dover and install it, do I still have to go through Steam?
2) Is the Sim still full of bugs, like the drop of FPS when in combat over cities and water?
3) How many patches will I need to bring the Flight Sim up to date?
4) Will Team Fusion go forward with Cliffs of Dover and eventuality develop more maps like from England to Berlin. Add planes like
the B-17E/F/G models and B-24, B-25, B-26 and so forth. I know this is more of a future things. Just what to know in what direction
Team Fusion will be going.

I am still flying IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 and Aces High 2. However after watching Team Fusion video on youTube, and the other video's of
other Groups, caught my interest. So now I am thinking of buying Cliffs of Dover.

Here is my system:
Motherboard- MSI P67A GD65
Processor- Intel Core i7 2600@ 3.40Ghz
RAM- 16G Kingston HyperX DDR3 PC 1600
Graphic Card- Two Nvidia GeForce GTX 550TI 512bit 1G SLI
Power- 950w
OS- Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 64 bit

Thank You for any info you can give me.
Cheyenne

rollingstoned
Aug-21-2013, 14:47
~S~ All
After viewing the youtube on IL-2 Cliffs of Dover after the Team Fusion up date patches, I have been thinking of getting it now.
However I have a few question I would like to ask.
1) If I buy Cliffs of Dover and install it, do I still have to go through Steam?
2) Is the Sim still full of bugs, like the drop of FPS when in combat over cities and water?
3) How many patches will I need to bring the Flight Sim up to date?
4) Will Team Fusion go forward with Cliffs of Dover and eventuality develop more maps like from England to Berlin. Add planes like
the B-17E/F/G models and B-24, B-25, B-26 and so forth. I know this is more of a future things. Just what to know in what direction

I am still flying IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 and Aces High 2. However after watching Team Fusion video on youTube, and the other video's of
other Groups, caught my interest. So now I am thinking of buying Cliffs of Dover.

Here is my system:
Motherboard- MSI P67A GD65
Processor- Intel Core i7 2600@ 3.40Ghz
RAM- 16G Kingston HyperX DDR3 PC 1600
Graphic Card- Two Nvidia GeForce GTX 550TI 512bit 1G SLI
Power- 950w
OS- Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 64 bit

Thank You for any info you can give me.
Cheyenne

Yes steam is the app that allows CLOD to run, you will need to install team fusion patches.. 2 of them. with your system specs you should be able to figure graphics settings that run CLOD perfectly all the time even over cities. with the team fusion patches its a different game.. they have turned this sim into a smooth running beautiful sim and they are CONSTANTLY working to improve it. TF will be working on this sim for a long time to come is my guess seeing how committed they are, also they are working on adding planes etc.. i believe TF is working on adding planes as we speak.. bombers fighters etc and different varients

kopperdrake
Aug-21-2013, 15:08
Hey - your spec is similar to mine, although I only have one 560Ti 2Gb card, CloD doesn't make use of SLI.

Seriously, I missed the early days, having only played it for a year, and I haven't actually seen some of the horror stories from the initial release. What I can say is that the TF patches have helped greatly with things like FPS in clouds and so on on. The big question is, for the price, what is there really to lose? Get it, update it (it won't take long) and jump on board! There is some seriously great team play to be had in multiplayer :)

Bunny

ATAG_Lewis
Aug-21-2013, 15:10
Hello Cheyenne and Welcome to the community

You have certainly come to the right place for info and tips

~1) If I buy Cliffs of Dover and install it, do I still have to go through Steam?

Yes you do, we all have to go through steam. Some folks don't like it, some folks don't mind it, and some folks think its a good thing. I initially thought it was a hassle I didn't need but although it is sometimes a bind it is not at all that bad. I can also see what my mates are doing on it and games they are playing so the community aspect on there is good.

~2) Is the Sim still full of bugs, like the drop of FPS when in combat over cities and water?

No. The sim is a totally different game from the one that was released 2 years ago. The original devs made patches (which steam updates your game automatically) that helped a lot of the initial bugs and the 'Team Fusion' here at ATAGs have released 1 more patch and a mini-patch that have also helped in a big way. Issues that were recognised as major problems have all been dealt with and we are expecting another patch over the next weeks too. You will still get a drop of FPS over ciries (not so much water) just as you did in the original IL-2 series...That is still there as you would expect but it is not a problem since the patches.

~3) How many patches will I need to bring the Flight Sim up to date?

As I say, Steam will update your game to a certain level after you buy the it. Once this is done you can fly offline as long as you like. If you want to join the online community bashing it up on the servers here then you will have to download one patch from these forums and then a mini-patch too. We have a full guide here to downloading and installing that even I could follow.

~4) Will Team Fusion go forward with Cliffs of Dover and eventuality develop more maps like from England to Berlin. Add planes like

Team Fusion are still making patches for Cliffs Of Dover and are currently working on a patch that will be with us in the next few weeks. No one knows for sure what the future brings for CLOD long term as the original developers have abandoned it and moved on and now we are very much relying on the enthusiast community that exist here to keep it as healthy as it is at present.

You have the PC to play CLOD with your specs.

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide' here for info and tips on starting the sim..It will shave hours off your learning curve...:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711

On a personnal note, I too spent many years flying IL-2 and then progressed to CLOD when I eventually had a PC to play it which was over 12 months ago....I haven't looked back since then as this for me is easily the best WWII combat flight sim out there at the moment...The reality feel you get winging with friends is second to none (and I've tried other WWII flight sims).....I don't think you will be disappointed..

We hope to see you in the skies over Kent and the Pas-de-Calais soon...

...lew..

Dutch
Aug-21-2013, 17:11
Sli causes problems for some, but there are guides to help you through it. The 550 isn't great if you have to use only one of them. But, you'll be able to run the game on medium or so settings, and it's pretty cheap these days. Go for it. What do you have to lose? :thumbsup:

Cheyenne
Aug-22-2013, 16:27
~S~ All
Thank you all for your replies. I have order Cliffs of Dover and hope to have it on Aug 29th.
After I have it installed and patched with Team Fusion I will take time and learn how to fly
in this Sim and then be ready for Duty.
Cheyenne

III./ZG76_Keller
Aug-22-2013, 16:50
~S~ All
Thank you all for your replies. I have order Cliffs of Dover and hope to have it on Aug 29th.
After I have it installed and patched with Team Fusion I will take time and learn how to fly
in this Sim and then be ready for Duty.
Cheyenne

I guess it's too late now, but if you had installed Steam in advance you could have had Cliffs of Dover with about an hour of downloading.

Cheyenne
Aug-23-2013, 11:04
@Keller
This may be true for most, however where I live in the Philippines, the ISP are not up to date
on internet Tech. What may take you an hour or so to down load from Steam, may take me 5 days. (LOL)
ISP are just starting to catch up in some ways. My dl time is like 2MBs if that. Plus the Elect Company here
are so far behind in their Tech, they still are using 1960-70 power grid.
Anyway I should have the Cliffs of Dover by next Friday.