PDA

View Full Version : Failed to Connect

jlan5031
Aug-27-2013, 14:50
I tried to open Teamspeak today and failed to connect to 216.52.148.29, although I was able to connect with TeamSpeak Public. I've spent the morning looking for solutions without success. I've uninstalled and reinstalled TeamSpeak, but I was still unable to connect. The only solution I really understood was contact ATAG, so here I am. Can anyone help me?

divittor
Aug-27-2013, 17:28
Nothing to do with your Computer. TS went down earlier today. If you want to join Clod Pilots in TS there are other TS servers dedicated . Storm of War, 71ST, 92nd all IP'S can be found online with a little bit of searching. Hopefully ATAG TS will be up soon.

Hope this helps. div.

jlan5031
Aug-27-2013, 17:45
ATAG_divittor,
Thanks for your response. I'll look around for the servers.

ATAG_JTDawg
Aug-27-2013, 18:16
Nothing to do with your Computer. TS went down earlier today. If you want to join Clod Pilots in TS there are other TS servers dedicated . Storm of War, 71ST, 92nd all IP'S can be found online with a little bit of searching. Hopefully ATAG TS will be up soon.

Hope this helps. div.

Any time ATAG TS is down 71st has a 50 seat TS IP is 8.9.37.236:9133=== ATAG is more then welcome to use when needed :thumbsup:

jlan5031
Aug-27-2013, 18:34
Well, I tried all I could find, which included the 71st, and all were the same:Failed to connect. I think the last day I was on was Saturday. As I said earlier, I can connect with TS Public only. What could I have done? This morning, I tried to add the Rise of Flight address before ATAG. Could that have caused any problem? I see Port numbers with the addresses but find no place to put them in.

ATAG_Bliss
Aug-27-2013, 19:12
TS3 was down. I'm guessing the main server had restarted and TS3 wasn't restarted when the server was restarted. It's all up again!

ATAG_Bliss
Aug-27-2013, 19:26
Well, I tried all I could find, which included the 71st, and all were the same:Failed to connect. I think the last day I was on was Saturday. As I said earlier, I can connect with TS Public only. What could I have done? This morning, I tried to add the Rise of Flight address before ATAG. Could that have caused any problem? I see Port numbers with the addresses but find no place to put them in.

jlan,

Try this link without TS open and see if it automatically connects you to the server: ts3server://216.52.148.29?port=9987 (copy this link into your favorite internet browser and hit refresh) It should start up TS and connect you to the ATAG TS.

That link will at least verify that TS is working properly. The other thing is to make sure TS is set to run as administrator.

If you look at the right side of the forums there is a TS viewer that shows who all is connected on teamspeak. Scroll down to the bottom of that viewer and you will see a "JOIN THIS SERVER" button within the viewer. Click that link, then click on the "JOIN SERVER" button that appears afterwards. That should at least allow you to get on TS3. Then you can create a bookmark and save the TS info for later use.

Once setup with TS, you can add a bookmark. The bookmark will keep track of the various TS servers you connect to and it makes it so you quickly connect to your saved book marks. See the picture for reference:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1968/bid6.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/bid6.png/)

Let me know if it works.

Bliss

jlan5031
Aug-28-2013, 12:51
ATAG_Bliss,
The first thing I did when I came online was try again with the same results. Then, I read your solution, did as you suggested, and, behold, it worked! I seem to be able to connect and disconnect normally(I tried again while writing this, and it worked.). When I went to the forum for the list and "Join the Server," I was advised I had to download and install some GL Game Tracker(?) which I was unable to do because the computer couldn't read some file in my Temp folder(although, as I remember, it might be the very address you gave me). Never-the-less, all seems in order now. I thank you very much.
Prevailing upon your good nature, do you know how I would apply the same solution, for the same problem, to the new ROF Syndicate address in TS?
Regards,
Jim Lancina

ATAG_Colander
Aug-28-2013, 13:02
Hi Jim,

Just create a new bookmark using Bliss steps above and enter syndicate's TS server IP address there.
You will end up with 2 bookmarks, one for ATAG and one for Syn. From then on is just a matter of selecting the right one :D

jlan5031
Aug-28-2013, 15:11
ATAG_Colander,
Thank you for your reply. I couldn't get the system like it did earlier. What I can do is get access to ATAG server. But even though I've deleted and retyped the address, which shows, I still fail to connect. What a can of worms. I can't imagine what the problem is. Anyway, it's not your problem, and the problem with ATAG's server seems to be solved. I'm in contact with a fellow at Syndicate.
Again, thank you for your reply. All of you have been most helpful.

jlan5031
Aug-28-2013, 18:42
Just for information, the problem I was having with Syndicate's server was caused because I didn't know that I didn't know how the Port number fitted in. I needed to ass a colon and port number after the server number. Live and learn.