PDA

View Full Version : A great program for DCS

Injerin
Aug-30-2013, 03:48
I finally got Tacview working and think this is a great program for analyzing your flying. Sorry for the bad commentary just got off a 12hr shift :( (may be a bit loud)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly4kNQ65P6o

Here is the link for the tool:
http://lomac.strasoftware.com/tacview-en.php

Foul Ole Ron
Aug-30-2013, 03:59
I was just thinking to buy this the other day. Is it tricky to get working with DCS?

Injerin
Aug-30-2013, 04:00
Nope.... just follow the instructions on the website for the tool. the only thing you have to assign is your folder to store your recorded tracks :)

If you have any trouble just follow the instructions on how to add the command lines to the .cfg files stated on the website.

Foul Ole Ron
Aug-30-2013, 08:40
Grand - think I'll go for the home edition. Looks like a very useful program and $20 isn't much. I like the idea of getting the advanced telemetry.

Think this program will be very handy to see the kind of energy conservation curves that the AI flies in the Mustang / FW-190 - especially at the high skill level settings where they really fly on the edge. I don't think we can get tracks from multiplayer servers though right? Would be great to be able to analyze other players' moves, etc.

Injerin
Aug-30-2013, 09:00
Grand - think I'll go for the home edition. Looks like a very useful program and $20 isn't much. I like the idea of getting the advanced telemetry.

Think this program will be very handy to see the kind of energy conservation curves that the AI flies in the Mustang / FW-190 - especially at the high skill level settings where they really fly on the edge. I don't think we can get tracks from multiplayer servers though right? Would be great to be able to analyze other players' moves, etc.

Yes you can as far as I know.

AKA_Recon
Aug-31-2013, 00:05
Nice!

ATAG_Snapper
Sep-01-2013, 06:58
Wow! What a great analytical tool! :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting this, Injerin. :salute:

Injerin
Sep-03-2013, 12:53
Its a great program, You don't see it in the vid but, on the left side of the program it shows alot of stats airspeed ect. I think this would be great if implimented into CLOD :P
Would help out for BETA tests :)