PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion Friday 30th August 2013 - Double Update ;)

Mysticpuma
Aug-30-2013, 07:27
Hello again. Blimey Friday came around quickly!

Today's update is a return to the Landscape we are working on with an extended clip
showing the break of Dawn until Moonrise (speeded up time-lapse, don't worry it's not a 24-hour long clip!)

It's worth watching though as you never know what you may see in there ;)

Dawn until Dark

https://vimeo.com/73250430

https://vimeo.com/73250430

Then as an extra, we're adding another clip which shows the current WiP of the Autumn and Winter maps. Please note they are WIP!!!! All effects are subject to change as we steadily improve and strive to create new life and new civilisations....to boldly go where no sim has gone before!!!! Okay..maybe not quite the latter, but we are dedicated to try and create the Sim we all wanted and hoped for when official development was abandoned...

Keep the faith...we're still trying to keep the dream alive, and new advances behind the scenes are certainly showing us that there is a whole world of opportunity ahead ;)

Seasonal work:

https://vimeo.com/73322782

https://vimeo.com/73322782

Next Friday's update will show how we've stopped aircraft vanishing at the LoD crossover point.... ;)

See you next Friday, cheers, TF

Recoilfx
Aug-30-2013, 07:48
Nice update MysticPuma. The music is lovely and the colors are much much better. My personal preference says day time is still little too dark and blacks are somewhat crushed, but nothing that a little bit of SweetFx's gamma lift can't fix- the most important things are that the day time colors(chromas) and the night time levels (luminance) are useable now!

I also thought the title of the Winter map is a bit silly, as the trees are still green where as the the fall map, the trees are orange. Trees don't turn back green in the winter :) As Colander had suggested, we should probably call the Winter map a "Fall map - First Dusting of Snow".

Great jobs guys :)

-Sven-
Aug-30-2013, 07:50
Nice videos!

I hope that the winter map will be more about lighting, as the light is much different because of the position of the sun in the winter.

Mysticpuma
Aug-30-2013, 07:57
All WiP, :)

Thing is,if we'd called it Winter in planet Hoth...then you'd expect a deep covering of snow. Living in the UK, we get 1/2 inch of snow and the papers call it "The Big Freeze!"

It's rare to see snow on the UK even in December, but any snow fall is usually in the 'winter' or very early Spring. So maybe it should be called " The Winter but maybe also transitional into early Spring after a thaw or very light flurry of snow blew.across the landscape map'......catchy title?

Just so you know, the 'Winter Map' is still being painted and really is subject to change as more modifications are made for it.

So for now, lets ignore the actual title of the map and concentrate on the WiP that is currently shown.....we're still tweaking it......keep the faith :)

Skoshi_Tiger
Aug-30-2013, 08:02
Thank you very much!

Those video's look great.

Was that rain falling from the clouds as they drifted past early on (about 1:00 in the first video) or just cloud extending down to the ground?

Cheers!

trooph
Aug-30-2013, 08:42
OH noooo that means atleast 2 more weeks of waiting!:)

Great work! All of this for the next release?
Now next friday is even more exciting!

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Aug-30-2013, 09:05
Was that rain falling from the clouds as they drifted past early on (about 1:00 in the first video) or just cloud extending down to the ground?

Cloud base... but it's still amazing!

DUI
Aug-30-2013, 09:28
Many thanks for making the two videos!

Though, after only seeing atmospheric landscape videos with harmonious music during the last weeks the design department seems to be very strong within TF. Isn't there also some content guys who want to show off with their new plane variants, new cockpits and maybe also new ground and sea objects? Not to mention some user-controlled flak and tank scenes..?

Very interesting as well would be some inside information about how the beta testing is going on and if there is some new information about the release date. :whacky3:

It's worth watching though as you never know what you may see in there ;)
Looking for a Me 262 and finding search lights in the very end. Did I miss something? :whacky:

ATAG_Snapper
Aug-30-2013, 09:53
Just gorgeous!

The Cliffs at 0:46 and the half moon over the sleeping blacked-out town at 3:13 really stood out for me! :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting this, MP.

Snapper :salute:

Meaks
Aug-30-2013, 09:56
Wow,this is beautiful work,think I've just died and gone to heaven,thanks very much for the WIP videos Mysticpuma,brilliant :thumbsup:

Mysticpuma
Aug-30-2013, 10:19
Many thanks for making the two videos!

Though, after only seeing atmospheric landscape videos with harmonious music during the last weeks the design department seems to be very strong within TF. Isn't there also some content guys who want to show off with their new plane variants, new cockpits and maybe also new ground and sea objects? Not to mention some user-controlled flak and tank scenes..?

Very interesting as well would be some inside information about how the beta testing is going on and if there is some new information about the release date. :whacky3:

Looking for a Me 262 and finding search lights in the very end. Did I miss something? :whacky:

Now if we showed you everything in one go....what would we have to keep you coming back for updates? :)

LoD video(s) next week and maybe another bonus.....then, well, are you psychic ;)

Cheers, TF

ATAG_JTDawg
Aug-30-2013, 10:29
very nice work , as always
:)

RedToo
Aug-30-2013, 11:02
Excellent work. Looks very good. Looks like the trees in the winter video still have green leaves, is removing the leaves not possible at the moment? Even so the landscape looks great.

RedToo.

ChiefRedCloud
Aug-30-2013, 11:23
Great stuff this ..... looking forward to it.

kopperdrake
Aug-30-2013, 12:48
Cracking update chaps - really looking forward to flying in the new lighting :thumbsup:

Wolfskid
Aug-30-2013, 13:20
Hi Puma ;-)

It is Mystic the First Video and Great the Number Two.... :-).

I love it. Thanks for your work and time. I wait 2 weeks longer for a good work as a little bit shorter and have a bad one.

Thank YOU , and THANKS for every one who was involved to make this great WORK.

Have a good Time.....

Wolfskid

TWC_SLAG
Aug-30-2013, 13:24
I second the comment about the Cliffs in the morning. Everything seems to be coming together. Can't wait for the nxt update and, finally, the patch.

Does creating winter landscapes mean we may expect the sim to evolve beyond the BoB?

binky9

IvanoBulo
Aug-30-2013, 14:04
Hello again. Blimey Friday came around quickly!
Next Friday's update will show how we've stopped aircraft vanishing at the LoD crossover point.... ;)

See you next Friday, cheers, TF

Thank you for the update! Colors and lightning does look better! But (IMO) the picture is still a bit too dark because of either high contrast or saturation\gamma.

ATAG_Ribbs
Aug-30-2013, 14:33
This all sounds so exciting! Wish I could view it on my phone... vimeo doesn't work on mobile (android).. as far as I know.. I realise you use vimeo to track views.. but I wish we had a you tube version also. :) Guess I will just have to wait till I get home. Thanks again TF.. I'm sure it will be worth it ! S!

ATAG_Ribbs
Aug-30-2013, 14:35
Thank you for the update! Colors and lightning does look better! But (IMO) the picture is still a bit too dark because of either high contrast or saturation\gamma.

Sighs... really?

philip.ed
Aug-30-2013, 14:54
Awesome. Just awesome.

If I had to say anything I would say that the summer map may need a few more 'burnished' fields which are brown/golden in colour, but honestly this is the best Blighty has looked in any aviation game to date.

ATAG_Bliss
Aug-30-2013, 14:56
Awesome. Just awesome.

If I had to say anything I would say that the summer map may need a few more 'burnished' fields which are brown/golden in colour, but honestly this is the best Blighty has looked in any aviation game to date.

Just wait to you fly it.. It is really remarkable. The entire atmosphere from the sky to the ground has been redone.. And it is breath taking :thumbsup:

Sandy1942
Aug-30-2013, 15:15
Majestic masses of clouds, change of day and night, seasons... all this blinds! It is necessary to wait only. :ilike:

Roblex
Aug-30-2013, 16:27
Loved the time-lapse and the snow but....surely I can't be the only person to think that English trees do not go a uniform orange colour. I don't know if it happens elsewhere in Europe or Virginia but you would rarely see a small copse all the same colour in England, never mind a whole county.

This (http://www.one-foot.com/Walks%202010/Leighton%20Moss,%20Cringlebarrow%20Wood%20amd%20Ha wes%20Water%2010/Leightom%20Moss,%20Cringlebarrow%20Wood%20and%20ha wes%20Water%20044.jpg) would be more usual

http://www.one-foot.com/Walks%202010/Leighton%20Moss,%20Cringlebarrow%20Wood%20amd%20Ha wes%20Water%2010/Leightom%20Moss,%20Cringlebarrow%20Wood%20and%20ha wes%20Water%20044.jpg

Apart from that, I am gobsmacked :D

DUI
Aug-30-2013, 17:27
Does creating winter landscapes mean we may expect the sim to evolve beyond the BoB?
Yes, Team Fusion already announced some few months ago that there are plans to create a Malta map! And beside that also completely new planes.
Changes that definitely won't make it in the second patch but maybe already in the third? One can dream... :grandpa

ATAG_Lewis
Aug-30-2013, 17:40
Another Top Bananas Quality Friday Update...as usual I am in awe!!....

Big thanks to those involved with this project...You can do no wrong in my eyes

~S~

Falco
Aug-30-2013, 17:52
Just WOW, really amazing work:salute:

Combat Wombat
Aug-30-2013, 18:14
It finished far to quickly i could of watched in real time with that music playing ,thanks for the wonderful start to an Australian dawn :)

Mattias
Aug-30-2013, 18:20
:salute:

Great vid as usual Mystic -many thanks :clap:

There will be some new content in this release of course, not only eye-candy :thumbsup:, but as mentioned before making a new plane + cockpit takes about 12 months (and that for a gut with tools and access to the core code...) so you won't get that in this patch. Maybe in the next one :)

Cheers/m

priller26
Aug-30-2013, 19:01
:salute: AWESOME...I'd say you have nailed it! Quite stunning!

Chivas
Aug-30-2013, 20:06
What TF has accomplished is amazing. From this new very realistic base point, I'll be able to fine tune, my monitor/and or gpu to suit my monitor, and particular sense of reality. Everyone's monitors and gpu settings are different, so what one person sees in a video/screenshot could be completely different from what the next person sees.

~Salute~ JG27_Chivas

ATAG_Snapper
Aug-30-2013, 20:26
What TF has accomplished is amazing. From this new very realistic base point, I'll be able to fine tune, my monitor/and or gpu to suit my monitor, and particular sense of reality. Everyone's monitors and gpu settings are different, so what one person sees in a video/screenshot could be completely different from what the next person sees.

~Salute~ JG27_Chivas

+1

Two years ago I caught royal hellz over at bananarama for having the temerity to suggest some folks calibrate their monitors. There were the familiar complaints of lime-green grass -- which I was not seeing. Lots of monitors (and TV's) are adjusted to really stand out on the showroom floor. That means saturated colours, high contrast, and brightness to the max. These days monitors & TV's even have "gamer" presets in their setup menus. As a video enthusiast I acquired a calibration unit which, once run through its routine, made a huge difference to my display. Result: Clod looked good out of the box!

Of course, over at 1C you didn't want to ruin someone's perfectly good rant with tawdry details, like calibration nonsense. :D

ATAG_CrusaderOne
Aug-30-2013, 22:02
What an astoundingly incredible piece of software is CLOD to be able to evolve into what it is becoming!! But I am so much more impressed with the amazing creativity and technical skills of the Team Fusion group who are dedicating so much of their time to giving us an even better Flight Sim than what we currently have.

I can’t say enough about the very impressive and beautifully constructed demo video of the progress being made….The wonderful music, together with the expertly paced cut scenes are nothing but first class.

Thank you Team Fusion!

Sincerely,
CrusaderOne

Chivas
Aug-30-2013, 22:46
+1

Two years ago I caught royal hellz over at bananarama for having the temerity to suggest some folks calibrate their monitors. There were the familiar complaints of lime-green grass -- which I was not seeing. Lots of monitors (and TV's) are adjusted to really stand out on the showroom floor. That means saturated colours, high contrast, and brightness to the max. These days monitors & TV's even have "gamer" presets in their setup menus. As a video enthusiast I acquired a calibration unit which, once run through its routine, made a huge difference to my display. Result: Clod looked good out of the box!

Of course, over at 1C you didn't want to ruin someone's perfectly good rant with tawdry details, like calibration nonsense. :D

+1

Its obvious that an unfinished COD has always had multiple issues, what unfinished software wouldn't have problems. Its hard for people to admit part of the problem could be their own monitor/gpu setup for graphics, and a computers system completely unfragged/bogged down with background programs, etc etc, and wonder why their FPS is so low, . Its just so much easier to rant and rave, than look behind and infront of the keyboard for problems on their own end. :)

Salmo
Aug-30-2013, 23:19
Excellent work. Looks very good. Looks like the trees in the winter video still have green leaves, is removing the leaves not possible at the moment? Even so the landscape looks great.

RedToo.

Winter trees are still being worked on. The map remains WIP.

Stig1207
Aug-31-2013, 05:38
Have the trees got DM now? They seem to be quivering rather nervously:)

ps Jolly good show, chaps.

Chivas
Aug-31-2013, 13:35
Have the trees got DM now? They seem to be quivering rather nervously:)

ps Jolly good show, chaps.

Tinus
Aug-31-2013, 15:55
Thanks Neil for a great update; really looking stunning!
BTW thanks for all the hard work and dedication getting to and interview those older chaps of 31/34 sqdn!!
Tinus le Roux